Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

48h fast and gym

sosumba

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were to fast for 48 hours and wanted to go to gym, would you focus more on cardio the first fasting day and focus on lifting on the second day or would you do the opposite? The goal is to maximise fatloss while minimising muscle loss.

Last edited:

The Red Crow

Banned
Reaction score
I would say light cardio on day 1 and weights on day 2. The big thing would be breaking the fast right after your weight lifting session, as your body would need the nutrients.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
48 hours too long and unnecessary imo.

But yeah, I train fasted 90% of tge time now, minimal difference for me compared to eating before.

Tried internment fasting and helped me get in best shape of my life. Also helped break free of tge whole 6 meals a day bull****

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just try And pay attention how your body respond to it.
2nd this. I raced off-road motorcycles at the highest levels for 25-years. And still Mtn bike on an empty stomach. I Only eat from 7:00 to 9:00 PM every stinking day. If you're new to fasting I suggest acclimating yourself and get used to how your carburetors work. Once you know your system fully, then rock on better than before. Welcome to better health.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were to fast for 48 hours and wanted to go to gym, would you focus more on cardio the first fasting day and focus on lifting on the second day or would you do the opposite? The goal is to maximise fatloss while minimising muscle loss.
I don't work out fasting. I did 20hrs and my lift was pathetic. Do a 4day split or 5. Use fasting on your off days. I lift or more accurately do calisthenics with gym closures. Test out and see what you respond to from training. 16hr fasts I can train no problem.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither cardio nor heavy lift will benefit you. It's dangerous as you can pass out very easily.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done 7 days its fine with great results.
Just do your normal routine to prevent muscle loss. Just don't overdo your training. As someone here motioned your body get used to it fast changes also to keto state and starts using proteins as fuel (e.g. fat), Remember to drink a lot of water and keep that in check. Moderate cardio is fine, just don't try a Marathon on the treadmill... Most important is that you listen to your body and it's signals. Also don't try 7 days straight right away and try to mimic me just because I mentioned here that I done it. Don't try to be a superman or something. You need to build it up over time. Start with one to two days first. Also you when you exit your training fasting phase you must be very careful with your diet and keep training or your body will quickly trying to bounce back to gain the pre-weight you had. To keep the benefits don't slack on your training or diet. You must be very disciplined about this.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't work out fasting. I did 20hrs and my lift was pathetic. Do a 4day split or 5. Use fasting on your off days. I lift or more accurately do calisthenics with gym closures. Test out and see what you respond to from training. 16hr fasts I can train no problem.
fasting on off days is goat status

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fasting on off days is goat status
I have started fasting in before pandemic and lock down 1.0. We're on what iteration 3 or 4 and I am going strong still. Home gym is next level motivation level. I had a 6x split in summer and spring. Running 4x atm.

caberk14

Reaction score
The fasting fad is unhealthy and dangerous. Just eat when youre hungry and don't eat when youre not hungry. As simple as that.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It doesn't matter...for that duration there won't be a huge negative effect, I used to do it all the time. However I would recommend PerfectAmino...noticed a big difference when fasting and taking that while working out versus not..basically only has 2 calories per serving but gives you the equivalent of 30g of protein via amino acids.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I used to workout fasted all the time and some of those days were my best lifting days. Lack of hydration is a far bigger cause of muscle failure than fasting.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to workout fasted all the time and some of those days were my best lifting days. Lack of hydration is a far bigger cause of muscle failure than fasting.
I wasn't putting up a 3 plate bench natty or any PRs on a 24+ hour fast. I can't speak for everyone but It ruins my routine. You can use fit note and other apps that will give you the analytics on the workout. The data was less then spectacular for me. Power to you if you see NO change but it seems pretty apparent that there has got to be a differencein outcomes. Your food is your fuel. Even if it's more mental, the experience has been less then spectacular. I will mix it in but if it's a hell workout, no chance of it on fasting.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I wasn't putting up a 3 plate bench natty or any PRs on a 24+ hour fast. I can't speak for everyone but It ruins my routine. You can use fit note and other apps that will give you the analytics on the workout. The data was less then spectacular for me. Power to you if you see NO change but it seems pretty apparent that there has got to be a differencein outcomes. Your food is your fuel. Even if it's more mental, the experience has been less then spectacular. I will mix it in but if it's a hell workout, no chance of it on fasting.
Glycogen and ATP is your fuel while lifting, not food. Food eventually replenishes this, but the body will simply break down fat stores to access the materials it needs short term in the same way it does with food.

There is very little difference to the body whether it is using stored fuel(fat) or new fuel(food). It is adept at both.

You are simply playing psychological tricks with yourself thinking that you need to eat prior to lifting.

I used to do heavy squats and deads while fasted...

Reactions: B80

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glycogen and ATP is your fuel, not food.
No PRs for me was enough to opt out or adjust my schedule. I'll run fasting 16-24 hours. I will lift but if I am trying break plateaus, I will eat first. Just getting through the workout is hell never mind setting personal records or more reps.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No PRs for me was enough to opt out or adjust my schedule. I'll run fasting 16-24 hours. I will lift but if I am trying break plateaus, I will eat first. Just getting through the workout is hell never mind setting personal records or more reps.
I mean, you aren't hitting PRs every workout. Or at least you shouldn't be if you have been lifting for a long enough time.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, you aren't hitting PRs every workout. Or at least you shouldn't be if you have been lifting for a long enough time.
I can increase either reps, weight even if only a little, and some improvement. Yes, the odd fallback but, I noticed a drastic decline in output on a fast. I didn't feel strong particularly at the 20-24+ range. For example, on chest day, 20+ hour fast, there was no 3plate bench. it was torture trying to finish. I would add, the analytics were similar to being really under slept. Grante, I am over a year in on intermittent fasting so, I am getting better with it. I'm doing calisthenics, gymnastic ring workouts, bar work, and functional activities. I was pissed with consecutive lock downs but the transition to calis has been amazing for my joints and aesthetics. Intermittent fasting, 8hrs of sleep, calis, and clean eating has been a game changer.