Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

3500 Calorie workout

MackJr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it even possible to lose 3500 calories in single workout? I know that you can lose as much as 7 lbs in a day, but that's just water.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

No the starvation response would kick in. TO lose THAT much, THAT fast, you'd deplete glycogen stores, water, then SOME fat. You'd have to walk miles to consider dropping 3500 calories. And possibly not eat.

A-Unit

spitkicker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, technically you could do it. But it would be primarily muscle and water loss, so it wouldn't be productive.

It's not about single workouts, its about good habits over a long period of time.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why the hell would you want to do that?

healthy weight loss = about 1% of your bodymass a week

so if you are 200lbs, you can't efficiently lose more than 2lbs a week.

sure, it can seem like more, but it would be due to water, or worse, muscle loss.

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In "Pumpring Iron" they claimed Arnold worked out 8000+ calories / day. Running a marathon will consume approximately 3000 calories.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by spitkicker
Yes, technically you could do it.
Actually, I'm not so sure that it could be accomplished in the time a normal person would give to a workout.

Weight lifting - free weights, nautilus, etc... at a vigorous effort burns 7.73 calories per minute. At that rate, you would have to work out vigorously, non-stop for seven and a half hours straight to burn 3,481 calories.

The_Lifter

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you starve yourself you will look like **** within days. Your muscles will look flat, your concentration will plummet and your thyroid and hormonal milieu will ensure that you have one hell of a muscle eating jamboree.

Oh, and when you do start eating again, your body will partition more calories towards fat in case you decide to fast again - it does, afterall, make good physiological sense as far as evolution goes.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MackJr
Is it even possible to lose 3500 calories in single workout? I know that you can lose as much as 7 lbs in a day, but that's just water.
You better have a goal when doing this... to lose weight.

You can add this in muscle, but it would have to be progressive, you would have to work up to that level. If you've got the energy, and your muscles are toned, you can take a good run at that level of burn, but it is dangerous if your body is not adequately prepared.

The amount you can burn, and efficiently process in a healthy way is determined by how your body is programmed. You have to follow rhythm, time your meals, keep your system hydrated, motivate your muscles, balance the burn, and always have a balanced circulatory system.

If you neglect your health, your body and mind will suffer. You can train for specific regiments of health...

What is your goal at the moment? I'm guessing your looking to LOSE weight?