Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

3 Weeks No Alcohol

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most won't see this as a big deal but I'm currently undergoing an experiment of how long I can go without drinking alcohol. It's become a huge part of my life and I am experiencing life from a sober perspective and it is rough so far. When I go out, conversations are lame, and just knowing the others around me are under the influence makes it hard for me to take anyone seriously so I find that I remove myself from them. I'm not as outgoing and really have no desire to go out. I'm trying to stay positive by reiterating to myself all the health benefits from it but I'm just not feeling them yet. I know it takes time but man it's tough.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest issue with no alcohol streaks is early stage dates. It's quite difficult to have a 1st or 2nd date without alcohol.

It's entirely possible to arrange dates without alcohol (tech-assisted or daygame). Doing the dates without alcohol is more difficult to make a reality.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Most won't see this as a big deal but I'm currently undergoing an experiment of how long I can go without drinking alcohol. It's become a huge part of my life and I am experiencing life from a sober perspective and it is rough so far. When I go out, conversations are lame, and just knowing the others around me are under the influence makes it hard for me to take anyone seriously so I find that I remove myself from them. I'm not as outgoing and really have no desire to go out. I'm trying to stay positive by reiterating to myself all the health benefits from it but I'm just not feeling them yet. I know it takes time but man it's tough.
That's a great start. Luckily I've never gotten hooked on any of that stuff even tho I used to drink quite a bit back in my college days.

I used to go out and drink water when I was hardcore into working out. It actually became a topic of conversation quite often and most of the time the people were super positive and complimentary towards me for it.

I mean it probably helped that it was obvious I took it seriously based on how I looked, but still.

I used to joke with people to get me "the hardest water they got on tap" and they used to crack up laughing...

Have fun with it...if you are out at the bars looking for deep meaningful conversation you are in the wrong place...most of the people don't have the intelligence level necessary to have anything more than surface level convos I find to begin with.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am currently on a 3 month streak. Was drinking too much for my own liking. The funny thing is most women seem to actually reepect it. If you've been drunk enough times, you kinda learn to tap into that side of your personality on command. I dont like the fact that alcohol can hit me unexpectedly different nowadays. I like to be in control when i meet a woman for the first time .

I have to admit i dont go out because if a potential fallback. The temptation is too much for me right now. I will go to a festival in August and drink there and then back to zero .I think alcohol is the most damaging, underestimated and dangerous drug currently available.

What works for me is make women talk about themselves. And respond with some sharp humor here and there.

Last edited:

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a great start. Luckily I've never gotten hooked on any of that stuff even tho I used to drink quite a bit back in my college days.

I used to go out and drink water when I was hardcore into working out. It actually became a topic of conversation quite often and most of the time the people were super positive and complimentary towards me for it.

I mean it probably helped that it was obvious I took it seriously based on how I looked, but still.

I used to joke with people to get me "the hardest water they got on tap" and they used to crack up laughing...

Have fun with it...if you are out at the bars looking for deep meaningful conversation you are in the wrong place...most of the people don't have the intelligence level necessary to have anything more than surface level convos I find to begin with.
Part of the reason I started is to see some damn results from working out 5x a week and eating moderately good without seeing the results I feel I should see. I was consuming at least an additional 1000 calories from booze a week. Mathematically speaking it should help me burn fat, cals in vs cals out, but nothing yet. I know it’s early though.
I am currently on a 3 month streak. Was drinking too much for my own liking. The funny thing is most women seem to actually reepect it. If you've been drunk enough times, you kinda learn to tap into that side of your personality on command. I dont like the fact that alcohol can hit me unexpectedly different nowadays. I like to be in control when i meet a woman for the first time .

I have to admit i dont go out because if a potential fallback. The temptation is too much for me right now. I will tongo a festival im August and drink there and then back to zero .I think alcohol is the most damaging, underestimated and dangerous drug currently available.

What works for me is make women talk about themselves. And respond with some sharp humor here and there.
That's impressive man. Lately all my social activities with friends revolve around alcohol. And like you, I'm not really going out much due to temptation. Hell I faked it at a Super Bowl watch party I attended. It was miserable, honestly seeing everyone getting loud and toasting to BS. while I threw every shot of mine in the sink. My best friend and I have a routine of hitting up a sports bar on weekends and having a few while watching a game. We have this unspoken thing that we don't admit out loud which is that we both go to get buzzed every time we go out. Kinda like an end of the work week stress reliever type thing.
The biggest issue with no alcohol streaks is early stage dates. It's quite difficult to have a 1st or 2nd date without alcohol.

It's entirely possible to arrange dates without alcohol (tech-assisted or daygame). Doing the dates without alcohol is more difficult to make a reality.
I'm not even considering dating right now. If I was I can see a coffee date, which I've done before but I feel women don't really want to date a guy who isn't being his usual self or is in the middle of something like I am.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of the reason I started is to see some damn results from working out 5x a week and eating moderately good without seeing the results I feel I should see. I was consuming at least an additional 1000 calories from booze a week. Mathematically speaking it should help me burn fat, cals in vs cals out, but nothing yet. I know it’s early though.
I've lost 10 kg ( approx 20 lbs) in the span of almost 3 months, including a injury and the flu. I work out 5 days a week, have a morning routine doing push ups, squats planks ect. So its hard to pinpoint what exactly caused my weight loss, but i have no doubt that cutting alcohol helps a lot . There's over 200 calories in a can of beer. Add to that the easy and bad foods you'll crave.

I also eat healthy with an occasional cheat moment every two weeks. Honey instead of sugar. No more snacks, maybe chocolate peanuts. No more fastfood, icecream . Just writing about it makes me crave that shyte.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lost 10 kg ( approx 20 lbs) in the span of almost 3 months, including a injury and the flu. I work out 5 days a week, have a morning routine doing push ups, squats planks ect. So its hard to pinpoint what exactly caused my weight loss, but i have no doubt that cutting alcohol helps a lot . There's over 200 calories in a can of beer. Add to that the easy and bad foods you'll crave.

I also eat healthy with an occasional cheat moment every two weeks. Honey instead of sugar. No more snacks, maybe chocolate peanuts. No more fastfood, icecream . Just writing about it makes me crave that shyte.
Why does writing about heaping ice cream sundaes, a sumptuous value meal, crispy hot fries, a dripping burger melting with cheese and sauces, or tangy chicken nuggets make you crave them, Gamisch? I'm not seeing the connection here.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's impressive man. Lately all my social activities with friends revolve around alcohol. And like you, I'm not really going out much due to temptation. Hell I faked it at a Super Bowl watch party I attended. It was miserable, honestly seeing everyone getting loud and toasting to BS. while I threw every shot of mine in the sink. My best friend and I have a routine of hitting up a sports bar on weekends and having a few while watching a game. We have this unspoken thing that we don't admit out loud which is that we both go to get buzzed every time we go out. Kinda like an end of the work week stress reliever type thing.

I'm not even considering dating right now. If I was I can see a coffee date, which I've done before but I feel women don't really want to date a guy who isn't being his usual self or is in the middle of something like I am.
I know man. This is my 100th try staying away from alcohol. I remember i had to do a showcase in a place filled with hot students. But due my abstinence from alcohol i felt kinda out of place. I even regreted my sober state later on when i fell back. Tgat memos gin in tgis endless loop of falling back. So my policy this year os dates = no alcohol. Now I'm somewhat in fear for when the summmer comes tho...

Its an interesting personal mission to become able to enjoy things without being dependent upon substances. The end of the week relief thing doesnt has to be less fun when you drink a Sprite or a coke. I vividly remember hanging with OG's who preferred to be as sober as possible wherever they went.

Thats what makes alcohol so dangerous. Its socially accepted and displayed for everyone to see and be tempted by it. I hate those fecking commercials where they associate their drink with being cool, pretty and popular ect. I hope they'll ban that shyte just like they did with tobacco. Last time i drank a bottle of Jack Daniel's there were no Latina women and party, but rather a hangover that took me a week to recover from. Some people are just not meant to drink.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does writing about heaping ice cream sundaes, a sumptuous value meal, crispy hot fries, a dripping burger melting with cheese and sauces, or tangy chicken nuggets make you crave them, Gamisch? I'm not seeing the connection here.
If there's one thing I've learned about bad habits ,addictions ect ,it's that the actually journey isn't that bad but rather quite enjoyable, it's just the outcome that's harmful.

I remember when i am letting myself go, i actually enjoyed the lifestyle. I have a sweet taste so i fecking love cakes fastfood ,milkshakes . If i would've lived in the States with all those endless crazy fastfood options, i would be royally Fecked!

This is something peopel tend to overlook. Yes ,the crackhead begging for money is a sad thing, but little do we know how thoroughly he enjoys getting his hit. The man whose overweight at least enjoys his meals more than fitness goals dude eating broccoli with chicken and drinking water every day.

I like bad food, but my body is a sponge. I work out i am ripped. I eat bad iam FAT. This picture illustrates me being disciplined vs me "enjoying " life and not caring.
main-qimg-91b9347799baea8ae45802d19b639f52-lq.jpeg

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there's one thing I've learned about bad habits ,addictions ect ,it's that the actually journey isn't that bad but rather quite enjoyable, it's just the outcome that's harmful.

I remember when i am letting myself go, i actually enjoyed the lifestyle. I have a sweet taste so i fecking love cakes fastfood ,milkshakes . If i would've lived in the States with all those endless crazy fastfood options, i would be royally Fecked!

This is something peopel tend to overlook. Yes ,the crackhead begging for money is a sad thing, but little do we know how thoroughly he enjoys getting his hit. The man whose overweight at least enjoys his meals more than fitness goals dude eating broccoli with chicken and drinking water every day.

I like bad food, but my body is a sponge. I work out i am ripped. I eat bad iam FAT. This picture illustrates me being disciplined vs me "enjoying " life and not caring.
View attachment 9771
The flip side to this is that when you're currently in an addiction, the abstinence is surprisingly enjoyable after the brief transition period.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently doing a cleanse myself. I am taking milk thistle extract, liver support tablets and turmeric for the liver and two different digestive enzymes for gut health. It's clearing me out, especially in the mornings. The research is constantly expanding on the perks of having a healthy gut biome, whether it's from taking probiotics or enzymes. Look into it sometime.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Massive props, I did 2 months no alcohol after 20 years solid abuse. I stopped drinking beer nearly a year ago, never again. Vodka or wine only.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice job, OP. Prayers up.

I used to drink cider beer 1-2 a night, nothing crazy. I realized it was just a mild sweet craving I have with dinner. I replaced it faux wine, then phased that out into homemade juices. Watermelon, pineapple, mangos, you name it. Habits are hard to break.. have to be done slowly over time. I barely drink at all now. Only a single glass of wine if my wife and I are out on date.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
will say some prayers for you homie. I am very lucky to have avoided addiction during the pandemic because there was nothing else to do but drink. Quit the life stressors and lifestyle that were driving me to drink so much and now its back to normal. I think its important to find some healthy hobbies.
My drinking got very heavy when I was with my ex during covid. After the breakup it was at minimum 10 drinks every single weekend due to wanting to socialize and get some strange. I went on a few dates, most of the meeting places were at local bars, once to a bowling alley but all involved drinks. I had 2 kinda ghost me after a couple of dates and 1 of them made mention of the fact I would only suggest going out to places that involved drinking. I took that as a hint that I might be drinking too much.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got into some bad drinking/smoking habits during the pandemic. It was hard to kick, but I did quit cold turkey for several months and then only drank when being social or a special occasion. That little reset was all it took to get me back and I noticed my sleep and anxiety improved greatly as result. What helped me was having a calendar/tracker to stay focused and I had a pact with my brother to not drink so we could keep each other in check. Totally worth it

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Made it 4 full weeks. And getting a serious case of FOMO. Buddy I haven’t seen in awhile is wanting to get out for Sunday Funday so gonna join in.
Some pros I’ve noticed:
My waistline shrunk about half an inch since I started.
Digestion issues have gone away.
Clearer head.
Sense of pride.

some struggles:
Not as social.
Weekends became just another 2 days.
FOMO.
Friends respected my goal however did not invite out when they went out. While I understood the reasoning, it still sucked.

my aim is to do this 2-3 times a year.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think it's lame your friends didn't invite you out. I have friends that abstain from booze and my muslim friends always come out even when there is booze involved. I go for months at a time stopping drinking just to test my self control and my buds were always understanding of that.

Did your sleep get better?

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Friends respected my goal however did not invite out when they went out. While I understood the reasoning, it still sucked.
I've found that a major benefit of not drinking at clubs or other nightlife events is that you are forced to improve your natural confidence. You can't use the crutch of alcohol to destroy your fears — you have to overcome them yourself. And when you do this over and over, you become more ballsy than all the other guys. You become an approaching machine gun — and you haven't had a sip of alcohol.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Made it 4 full weeks. And getting a serious case of FOMO. Buddy I haven’t seen in awhile is wanting to get out for Sunday Funday so gonna join in.
Some pros I’ve noticed:
My waistline shrunk about half an inch since I started.
Digestion issues have gone away.
Clearer head.
Sense of pride.

some struggles:
Not as social.
Weekends became just another 2 days.
FOMO.

my aim is to do this 2-3 times a year.
Congrats bro! The first few weeks are the toughest, because you can " still see it," while walking away from it. After a couple more weeks it will be " outta sight" more.

Imho you've reached an age where going out shouldn't be a priority anyway. These are the years that can mark you for life. I drank way too much and now i have eyebags, and need surgery to remove them. All from having a poor lifestyle. If you become big now and stay healthy you'll be a sexy 50 y.o man instead of a living zombie lookalike.

When you go out keep in mind you are a non drinker now. If you would normally have 10 drinks, right now 3 will suffice. Be careful tho,the fomo might get even stronger after you tasted alcohol again.

I had half a glass of champagne few days ago after not drinking for 3 months. I was with a woman, felt like F it and took a few sips. Shyte actually did fecked me up a little bit , as in I did really felt it in my system doing something.

Its dangerous to go out trying to stay sober. Ive lost like 20 pounds due no alchohol and fanatically working out / eating healthy. I remind myself that IF I am going out sometime again I'll be looking at my very best. Eventually you'll discover qhat works for you. Just stay cautious about drinking!