Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

#1 way to get very lean fast

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
rewire your brain to be embrace being hungry

hunger is a sign that your body is in a depleted calorie state (which is what you need to lose a lot of weight fast). Don't panic when you feel this, in fact, see it as a good sign and try to go as long as you can without eating anything

When you do eat, you want to eat healthy - protein, veggies, healthy fats but you need to eat as little as possible

The fear about losing muscle is mostly nonsense. They've done studies on people who have gotten all the way down to 6% BF and they haven't lost any real muscle. People just have way less muscle than they think so when they strip away all the fat, they're a lot smaller than they think they would be.

DJnoob

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like

Theres 3 types of people

1. FAT People who are trying to lose weight (body fat) and gain muscle
2. SKINNY people who are trying to gain weight (healhty weight) and gain muscle
3. Average people who are trying to lose body fat and gain muscle

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When you cut you're bound to lose some muscle mass. Eating enough protein and working out can mitigate the loss. I do agree that it shouldn't be feared if you're overweight as you'll look better and be healthier once you're down to a good size.

Once you've cut to a healthy body fat percentage you can go for a bulking phase if you want to have some muscle. Though for people who don't workout and have noobie gains to take advantage of, you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As for not eating, it sounds simple but that can lead to overeating in your next meal to compensate. I find not eating breakfast and lunch and then eating for the first time at 5pm gives me a smaller window to eat and thus I eat less calories. However, intermittent fasting isn't for everyone.

Simply determine your caloric maintenance level and cut 500 calories from it. When I cut I eat 2 meals a day and a protein shake and that keeps me at about 1800 calories and I lose weight. One thing to keep in mind is to count everything including sauces or condiments. You can improve your accuracy by weighing food such as chicken to get the actual calories you're eating.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
When you cut you're bound to lose some muscle mass. Eating enough protein and working out can mitigate the loss. I do agree that it shouldn't be feared if you're overweight as you'll look better and be healthier once you're down to a good size.

Once you've cut to a healthy body fat percentage you can go for a bulking phase if you want to have some muscle. Though for people who don't workout and have noobie gains to take advantage of, you can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time.
not really. They did studies on people in the military who cut down to 6% BF without losing any real muscle mass. Muscle is very very hard to lose

500 calories below maintenance? I do about 1500-1800 calories below maintenance with no problems

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've certainly found that I eat WAY more food than needed. 3 small meals a day is fine for someone trying to cut, as long as the nutrition is there.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By decreasing your calories too low immediately, you deprive your body and skin of vital vitamins/nutrients they need to operate at maximum capacity, slow down your metabolism, and eventually your body will habituate to the new lower calories and you will stop losing weight. Then you have to drop your calories further to drop more weight. Entirely inefficient.

1) Drop calories by 300-400. Increase calories expenditure by incorporating one cardio session 30 minutes daily;
2) Three weeks later, maintain the lowered calories, and increase calorie expenditure with 45 minutes of cardio;
3) Three weeks later, maintain the lowered calories, and incorporate two cardio sessions 30 min each, 60 minutes daily;
4) Three weeks later, drop calories 100-200 further and continue two cardio sessions 30 min each, 60 minutes daily;
5) Three weeks later, maintain the lowered calories, and increase calorie expenditure with two cardio sessions 45 min each, 90 minutes daily.

Gradual is key.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
By decreasing your calories too low immediately, you deprive your body and skin of vital vitamins/nutrients they need to operate at maximum capacity, slow down your metabolism, and eventually your body will habituate to the new lower calories and you will stop losing weight. Then you have to drop your calories further to drop more weight. Entirely inefficient.

1) Drop calories by 300-400. Increase calories expenditure by incorporating one cardio session 30 minutes daily;
2) Three weeks later, maintain the lowered calories, and increase calorie expenditure with 45 minutes of cardio;
3) Three weeks later, maintain the lowered calories, and incorporate two cardio sessions 30 min each, 60 minutes daily;
4) Three weeks later, drop calories 100-200 further and continue two cardio sessions 30 min each, 60 minutes daily;
5) Three weeks later, maintain the lowered calories, and increase calorie expenditure with two cardio sessions 45 min each, 90 minutes daily.

Gradual is key.

complete bro science nonsense that sounds good in theory but is not true in reality

the bodys survival instincts don't really kick in until you're like 7% bodyfat. The avg guy can get down to 10% BF and still be ripped by cutting calories down to nothing (1500 a day for me is fine). If you eat lots of veggies, some meat, some fruit and some healthy fats, that's still plenty nutrition

the goal is to get shredded ASAP so you can start gaining muscle again. You wanna spend as much time as possible in bulking mode

losing muscle is bro science nonsense. Muscle is very hard to gain and very hard to lose. Everybody thinks they're losing muscle when cutting because they think their 16 inch fatceps are all muscle

lose 20 lbs in 2 months cutting ASAP and then spend rest of year getting muscular as hell

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
complete bro science nonsense that sounds good in theory but is not true in reality

the bodys survival instincts don't really kick in until you're like 7% bodyfat. The avg guy can get down to 10% BF and still be ripped by cutting calories down to nothing (1500 a day for me is fine). If you eat lots of veggies, some meat, some fruit and some healthy fats, that's still plenty nutrition

the goal is to get shredded ASAP so you can start gaining muscle again. You wanna spend as much time as possible in bulking mode

losing muscle is bro science nonsense. Muscle is very hard to gain and very hard to lose. Everybody thinks they're losing muscle when cutting because they think their 16 inch fatceps are all muscle

lose 20 lbs in 2 months cutting ASAP and then spend rest of year getting muscular as hell
Hmm...

Your experience: Never been at a single-digit bodyfat percentage and been fat most of your life.

My experience: Been at single- or close to single digit body fat percentage for almost 20 years, and trained alongside professional or national-competing bodybuilders during most of my 20s.

But Fat-, err Big-, Dave knows better. Gotcha.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm...

Your experience: Never been at single digit bodyfat percentages

My experience: Been at single- or close to single digit body fat percentage for almost 20 years, and trained alongside professional or national-competing bodybuilders for most of my 20s.

But fat-, err Big-dave knows better.
I talk to lots of very serious lifters who get down to 8 to 9% bodyfat very quickly (say 2 months)

You don't really need that many calories to feel fine. I feel fine on 1500 calories a day. Am I mildly hungry all day? sure but it don't bother me. Hunger pains are a sign im getting lean

Metabolism slowing down because you're not eating enough is complete bro science bull****. You don't go into starvation/survival mode until you're like 6 to 7% BF. You think the avg gym rat going from 15 to 10% BF is hitting starvation mode? That's beyond laughable

Get lean ASAP...maximize amount of time spent on getting big and muscular

My best friend is 5'11 198 7% BF all year round. His key? he does zero cardio, just cuts calories down to nearly nothing when he wants to get lean.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cutting is for chumps. Clean bulk, clean maintenance is the way to go. For being slightly leaner in summer compared to winter, I simply add an extra 2 hours of cardio per week either the (real outdoor) bicycle or rowing machine.

....**** starvation.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
Cutting is for chumps. Clean bulk, clean maintenance is the way to go. For being slightly leaner in summer compared to winter, I simply add an extra 2 hours of cardio per week either the (real outdoor) bicycle or rowing machine.

....**** starvation.
You still have to eat in a calorie deficit to lose weight dude

and if you want to be very lean (9% BF), you have to be in a heavy calorie deficit

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

....**** starvation.
If your a$$ is FAT you have to shed the fat. If you are within 5-7 lbs, then it's not a big deal. Whale or pig style bulking is a bunch of bull, most of the gain is FAT.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
If your a$$ is FAT you have to shed the fat. If you are within 5-7 lbs, then it's not a big deal. Whale or pig style bulking is a bunch of bull, most of the gain is FAT.
if you're gaining more than 3-4 lbs a month, you're gaining 80% fat