Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

#1 way to get very lean fast

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1500 calories of healthy food is a lot of food anyways

People think they need to eat 2500 calories to feel ok - its emotional eating nonsense
And they are fat a$$es with guts. They arms might be swole, but everything else is FAT.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rewire your brain to be embrace being hungry

hunger is a sign that your body is in a depleted calorie state (which is what you need to lose a lot of weight fast). Don't panic when you feel this, in fact, see it as a good sign and try to go as long as you can without eating anything

When you do eat, you want to eat healthy - protein, veggies, healthy fats but you need to eat as little as possible

The fear about losing muscle is mostly nonsense. They've done studies on people who have gotten all the way down to 6% BF and they haven't lost any real muscle. People just have way less muscle than they think so when they strip away all the fat, they're a lot smaller than they think they would be.
It's fat intramuscularly, and water that comes out.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You still have to eat in a calorie deficit to lose weight dude

and if you want to be very lean (9% BF), you have to be in a heavy calorie deficit
The calorie deficit is there. More cardio + muscle gain = caloric deficit. I keep my eating the same. When I want to lean out, I simply increase cardio. 2 hours extra of cardio per week is ~1,2000 to 1,500 calories, or ~200 calories per day.

I'm naturally lean as is (~10-12%, all year round), so I don't have much weight to lose at any given time.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your a$$ is FAT you have to shed the fat. If you are within 5-7 lbs, then it's not a big deal. Whale or pig style bulking is a bunch of bull, most of the gain is FAT.
I've never advocated dirty bulking. Clean bulk all the way. It can be done. It's easier in my opinion to adjust cardio volume than fool around with starvation or force feeding diets.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score
I've never advocated dirty bulking. Clean bulk all the way. It can be done. It's easier in my opinion to adjust cardio volume than fool around with starvation or force feeding diets.
you're naturally inclined towards being lean

I have a terrible appetite and I'm naturally inclined towards being fat. If I don't starve myself, I can never be anywhere near as lean as you are

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My approach is getting it off any means necessary and staying within 5-10 lbs of your leanest bf%. So you never have a lot to lose. If I'm real sloppy one day, I can do a fast or low eating day to counter it or more cardio. Different tools to get it done. One fast day a month ain't going to kill anyone, and aint' going to kill your muscle either. It's good for the digestive system to get a break, plus it gives you more control over your eating.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you're naturally inclined towards being lean

I have a terrible appetite and I'm naturally inclined towards being fat. If I don't starve myself, I can never be anywhere near as lean as you are
Possible. It's just a math equation like a budget. One can increase income, cut spending, or both. Same with calories. Increase the expenditure, cut the food intake, or both.

My approach is getting it off any means necessary and staying within 5-10 lbs of your leanest bf%. So you never have a lot to lose. If I'm real sloppy one day, I can do a fast or low eating day to counter it or more cardio. Different tools to get it done. One fast day a month ain't going to kill anyone, and aint' going to kill your muscle either. It's good for the digestive system to get a break, plus it gives you more control over your eating.
Yea, fasting is good too. You do 24 hour or 36 hour fast?

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve done fasting before. Even with water. Now I don’t feel thirst unless I exercise and I can suppress my hunger for a long period of time too. But Dave, you do lose muscle from being in a deficit. Your metabolism DOES slow down from being in a deficit if you don’t jumpstart your body by exercising like a mofo. That’s not broscience at all, I can tell you first hand (I lost 16 lbs in 4 days once when I was 15 and probably around 7% or 8% bf, never doing that again though).

And here’s why you lose muscle: your body will use up all the food you’ve last eaten, right? Then it will start to use up all the glycogen stores in the muscles themselves. Then it will start burning fat. We all know this. But what people don’t know is that muscle requires maintenance, once it is built it does not just stay there indefinitely. It needs to be maintained. You working out in a deficit now means that your body doesn’t have all the necessary amino acids for muscle growth and maintenance. ‘Okay then you just supplement with a LITTLE bit of protein Double, just make sure that you’re still in a deficit while doing it’. But what stupid people don’t realize is that their heart muscle is much more important than their skeletal muscle. Your body already knows this though. So in order to keep your heart functioning, your body will use the protein, break it down, and convert it into fuel for your body to use as energy. Almost none of it will go to your muscles.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve done fasting before. Even with water. Now I don’t feel thirst unless I exercise and I can suppress my hunger for a long period of time too. But Dave, you do lose muscle from being in a deficit. Your metabolism DOES slow down from being in a deficit if you don’t jumpstart your body by exercising like a mofo. That’s not broscience at all, I can tell you first hand (I lost 16 lbs in 4 days once when I was 15 and probably around 7% or 8% bf, never doing that again though).

And here’s why you lose muscle: your body will use up all the food you’ve last eaten, right? Then it will start to use up all the glycogen stores in the muscles themselves. Then it will start burning fat. We all know this. But what people don’t know is that muscle requires maintenance, once it is built it does not just stay there indefinitely. It needs to be maintained. You working out in a deficit now means that your body doesn’t have all the necessary amino acids for muscle growth and maintenance. ‘Okay then you just supplement with a LITTLE bit of protein Double, just make sure that you’re still in a deficit while doing it’. But what stupid people don’t realize is that their heart muscle is much more important than their skeletal muscle. Your body already knows this though. So in order to keep your heart functioning, your body will use the protein, break it down, and convert it into fuel for your body to use as energy. Almost none of it will go to your muscles.
Fasting for one day wont eat muscle. Your glycogen stores and fat will be depleted. You can even do a moderate workout on this day. I throw in a fast day every so often to change things up.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting for one day wont eat muscle. Your glycogen stores and fat will be depleted. You can even do a moderate workout on this day. I throw in a fast day every so often to change things up.
Ofc. Over the long term it’s negative but a couple of days at a time I think is best tbh.

bigdave17

Banned
Reaction score

this is all bro science bull****

multiple studies have proven that the body does NOT burn muscle under calorie deficit unless you are completely inactive. Any normal male consuming protein and working out with weights will not lose muscle

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is all bro science bull****

multiple studies have proven that the body does NOT burn muscle under calorie deficit unless you are completely inactive. Any normal male consuming protein and working out with weights will not lose muscle
It isn’t broscience. I know what I’m talking about because I EXPAND upon their research and take into account their limitations. Studies also say that women grow muscle mass at the same rate as men do and that testosterone has no muscle enhancing effect on the human body either unless exogenous. But no one believes that either due to limitations of the studies.

There is a reason why you never see any lean strongmen. When you exercise, your muscles break the **** down. Simple right? When you are in a deficit, your body is unable to fully repair broken down muscle, much less build more.

The problem with people who don’t understand the biology is that they don’t see limitations with studies and they can’t draw conclusions on their own. It’s a known fact that when ice cream sales go up that more people drown too. Me bigdave, me bigbrain. Hurr durr let’s just ban ice cream that’ll solve the problem hurr durr.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to get lean, 80% has to do with what you eat and 20% are your workouts.

- Start by reducing food intake, at least 3 meals packed with veggies/avocados/proteins and eliminate grains by 85%.
- I'd stick to cardio at the beginning, at least 45 minutes a day.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to get lean, 80% has to do with what you eat and 20% are your workouts.

- Start by reducing food intake, at least 3 meals packed with veggies/avocados/proteins and eliminate grains by 85%.
- I'd stick to cardio at the beginning, at least 45 minutes a day.
Interesting I've read on one thread on BodyBuilding.com cardio should be done once or twice a week, as not to tax the nervous system

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting I've read on one thread on BodyBuilding.com cardio should be done once or twice a week, as not to tax the nervous system
I don't know much about that, but at least shoot for cardio 3 times a week.
Shocking the body gives the best results.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rewire your brain to be embrace being hungry

hunger is a sign that your body is in a depleted calorie state (which is what you need to lose a lot of weight fast). Don't panic when you feel this, in fact, see it as a good sign and try to go as long as you can without eating anything

When you do eat, you want to eat healthy - protein, veggies, healthy fats but you need to eat as little as possible

The fear about losing muscle is mostly nonsense. They've done studies on people who have gotten all the way down to 6% BF and they haven't lost any real muscle. People just have way less muscle than they think so when they strip away all the fat, they're a lot smaller than they think they would be.
You do realize, when you are hungry, your body goes into reserve mode and can actually work against you in losing weight? It can go as far as burning muscle for fuel if you are not careful.

It's best to limit carbs and sugar and focus on high quality meats and fats for weight loss and lean muscle building.