"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

What to do or how to network if there is only one junior Java, JavaScript developer job in my local city centre

Jason9

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I'm looking to change careers as the pay is not good with my current job.

I live in the United Kingdom.

I'm looking to go into programming/developer jobs after developing a GitHub portfolio of projects.

I've looked for entry level, junior Java, JavaScript jobs in my local city centre and there is only 2 junior Java developer jobs and 1 junior JavaScript jobs available in my local city centre. Which is hardly anything.

It doesn't matter what search terms I use. Still only one entry level/junior JavaScript job in my local city centre.

Java, JavaScript, C#, Python, PHP, node, react etc.

What can I do here? I wonder why the limited prospects for junior roles. I remember back in 2016 were there were a lot of entry level/junior java developer jobs in my local city centre. I should've just pursued it back then.

Some people say certain jobs are not advertised on the job sites.

People say networking, so I go to network events and someone may offer me a position which is not advertised?
 
Last edited:

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Jason9

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I think the key is search for any Python or JavaScript events in my city.

Go to Python, JavaScript meet ups in my local city centre and network.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,866
Reaction score
19,093
Many companies have dropped hiring for junior devs significantly because AI has taken their role...and to be honest, AI is much better in a lot of cases than most junior devs.

However, if you want to get into this field you need to understand what is important in terms of making decisions further up the chain and into architectural concerns. Not going to lie, it's tough for new devs because writing code isn't really done by hand anymore. But to learn other things you need to understand the code.

So you essentially have to learn twice as much to be useful these days.
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,076
Reaction score
1,710
Age
29
Many companies have dropped hiring for junior devs significantly because AI has taken their role...and to be honest, AI is much better in a lot of cases than most junior devs.

However, if you want to get into this field you need to understand what is important in terms of making decisions further up the chain and into architectural concerns. Not going to lie, it's tough for new devs because writing code isn't really done by hand anymore. But to learn other things you need to understand the code.

So you essentially have to learn twice as much to be useful these days.
Holy sh*t. I didn’t realize companies weren’t hiring juniors like that. I’m glad I got out when I did, I feel bad for the new college grads.

On one hand I was like “college would have been 10x easier if I went when AI was a thing” but then you’d have the job market, so..
 

DonJefe19

Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2025
Messages
81
Reaction score
52
Age
40
I'm looking to change careers as the pay is not good with my current job.

I live in the United Kingdom.

I'm looking to go into programming/developer jobs after developing a GitHub portfolio of projects.

I've looked for entry level, junior Java, JavaScript jobs in my local city centre and there is only 2 junior Java developer jobs and 1 junior JavaScript jobs available in my local city centre. Which is hardly anything.

It doesn't matter what search terms I use. Still only one entry level/junior JavaScript job in my local city centre.

Java, JavaScript, C#, Python, PHP, node, react etc.

What can I do here? I wonder why the limited prospects for junior roles. I remember back in 2016 were there were a lot of entry level/junior java developer jobs in my local city centre. I should've just pursued it back then.

Some people say certain jobs are not advertised on the job sites.

People say networking, so I go to network events and someone may offer me a position which is not advertised?
You have two options:
  1. Forget about programming and find another lucrative occupation
  2. If you're deadset to become a programmer, change your mentality from being employee to being entrepreneur
Seriously, the job market is quite hostile to entry level developers for several reasons. Companies are having a harder time to find cheap money to hire devs and the hiring process has become stupidly stringent. You're not going to be willing to put up with the shenanigans that you have to go through just get an entry level job that pays you a fair wage. It maybe many months, if not years, before you actually get an interview for a programmer job if you're willing grind for it. There's just better job opportunities that you can find faster and achieve success whether that's lucrative pay or more time freedom.

But if you're stubborn and you absolutely want to become a programmer, you have to stop doing what everyone else is doing which is begging larger enterprises to take you in as an entry level. You have to turn your attention to smaller companies in your home town or neighboring towns and ask them where you can help them with their IT problems. They don't have to resources like a large organization has when comes to competing in the software space, and they are willing to pay you a significant amount to help me figure things out. It could be as simple as building an AI workflow for them to make operations more efficient and that sh8t is easy to put together.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

DonJefe19

Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2025
Messages
81
Reaction score
52
Age
40
Many companies have dropped hiring for junior devs significantly because AI has taken their role...and to be honest, AI is much better in a lot of cases than most junior devs.

However, if you want to get into this field you need to understand what is important in terms of making decisions further up the chain and into architectural concerns. Not going to lie, it's tough for new devs because writing code isn't really done by hand anymore. But to learn other things you need to understand the code.

So you essentially have to learn twice as much to be useful these days.
Not so much that AI is replacing juniors but that money is getting more expensive to borrow. When money gets tight you either make your hiring more efficient by getting more seniors to do more or you delegate offshore. Juniors are not cheap because they f*k up more than a true seasoned dev.
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,076
Reaction score
1,710
Age
29
You have two options:
  1. Forget about programming and find another lucrative occupation
  2. If you're deadset to become a programmer, change your mentality from being employee to being entrepreneur
Seriously, the job market is quite hostile to entry level developers for several reasons. Companies are having a harder time to find cheap money to hire devs and the hiring process has become stupidly stringent. You're not going to be willing to put up with the shenanigans that you have to go through just get an entry level job that pays you a fair wage. It maybe many months, if not years, before you actually get an interview for a programmer job if you're willing grind for it. There's just better job opportunities that you can find faster and achieve success whether that's lucrative pay or more time freedom.

But if you're stubborn and you absolutely want to become a programmer, you have to stop doing what everyone else is doing which is begging larger enterprises to take you in as an entry level. You have to turn your attention to smaller companies in your home town or neighboring towns and ask them where you can help them with their IT problems. They don't have to resources like a large organization has when comes to competing in the software space, and they are willing to pay you a significant amount to help me figure things out. It could be as simple as building an AI workflow for them to make operations more efficient and that sh8t is easy to put together.
I seriously question if this whole SWE stuff is even worth it these days. Hmm.
 

DonJefe19

Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2025
Messages
81
Reaction score
52
Age
40
I seriously question if this whole SWE stuff is even worth it these days. Hmm.
Software development is going through an evolutionary transition much like what it experienced in the last decade and the preceding decades. But again, if you're a software dev without professional experience, you're going to be more successful turning your attention towards smaller businesses then focusing on getting into a corporation. Most businesses have no clue how AI works and are willing to pay a lot of money for someone to just setup a Anthropic account and put together a n8n server.
 
Top