Took magic mushrooms last night, what an experience

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me some edibles that had magic mushrooms, wow, I had a trip for 4 hours. Saw all my life, saw all of my insecurities, all the things that caused you trauma as a child, saw the signs I desired the most, I've never being more entuned with my emotions, it felt like a relieve to let me myself feel everything without judgement.

Has any of you done it? How was your experience?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me some edibles that had magic mushrooms, wow, I had a trip for 4 hours. Saw all my life, saw all of my insecurities, all the things that caused you trauma as a child, saw the signs I desired the most, I've never being more entuned with my emotions, it felt like a relieve to let me myself feel everything without judgement.

Don't do drugs!

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Several different ones. They can unearth what's buried in your subconscious and that can give you insights in your psyche.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much did you take? Will you do them again?

I have taken mushrooms probably close to 30 times now, most of those being within the last year; the other half in my mid 20s. My doses range from as small as .25g to as much as 4g, always on an empty stomach and ground up into a powder with hot water and lemon juice (which increases onset). The majority of my trips have been difficult or harrowing, but I've never had a "bad trip" (which I consider to something approaching psychosis). I always take them alone, either hiking or simply alone in my apartment. Sometimes I don't even listen to music. I just sit down, maybe walk around a bit, and write down my thoughts. Last time I wrote 2 pages of insights. The most troubling thing about them is they tend to dissolve boundaries and categories and it can make you seriously question a lot of things in your life. The illusion of the ego/self is shoved right in your face too and your unconscious/subconscious takes the front seat.

And in case anyone was curious, I posted a trip report on shroomery.org last year, but I'll copy and paste it here:

"I recently acquired an oz of mushrooms, two strains, supposedly they're both very strong. One of them is blue meanies, not sure about the other but it looks very similiar to the generic P cubensis strains I've used before. I thought I'd ease into it and try 1.75g to start out. I've tripped about a dozen times before this and would take anywhere from 2 to 4g on an empty stomach. I always weigh the mushrooms then grind them up and make them into tea with lemon juice. Always alone; usually I prefer to just stay in my apartment and sit in silence, sometimes with music sometimes not.

My set/setting weren't ideal. I didn't prepare much at all and it was a spontaneous/impulsive choice, although my motivation was to test the strength of the strain and get this ball rolling ASAP without hesitation. I want to use them all summer to heal and get myself back on track; I have a strong intentionality/goal in mind. I don't want to get into a long rant about what happened, but I want to give a few bullets points:

-I took the mushrooms at 5:45pm, and they didn't seem to fully wear off until midnight or so, and the "after effects" lasted until about 4am (couldn't sleep). Far longer than any trip I've had and shocking considering I only took 1.75g.

-My mind was rushed with insight, I had constant epiphenies and reminders about all the traumas, critical moments, etc in my life and how there are so many unresolved things, unprocessed, half-intentions all around me every day that I put off. I tried writing it all of this down in the most distilled form I could but eventually I realized it was just too much to bear all at once so I simply sat with it and let the thoughts do what they wanted.

-The categories/boundaries in my mind started to dissolve and I began questioning who in my life I could really trust and what mattered. I didn't know if I could trust my friends or family. I felt like I could only trust myself at the time.

Here I am the next day, and I feel fairly rejuvinated. I don't really believe in a "bad trip" in a sense and I plan on doing them again soon. What's puzzling, is that many of the insights and thoughts I had still seem entirely valid, and this trip really cemented just how many things are going wrong in my life and how much work I have to do to get myself into a better place. If I have to go through another 12 bad trips so be it - this was awakening and it's exactly what I needed."

Don't do drugs!
Bro calling mushroom a drug is straight retarded so I hope you're joking. Yes it's psychoactive and is indeed a drug but I really don't think it's fair to lump it in with things like pot, cocaine, alcohol, opiates, etc.

Last edited:

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much did you take? Will you do them again?

I have taken mushrooms probably close to 30 times now, most of those being within the last year; the other half in my mid 20s. My doses range from as small as .25g to as much as 4g, always on an empty stomach and ground up into a powder with hot water and lemon juice (which increases onset). The majority of my trips have been difficult or harrowing, but I've never had a "bad trip" (which I consider to something approaching psychosis). I always take them alone, either hiking or simply alone in my apartment. Sometimes I don't even listen to music. I just sit down, maybe walk around a bit, and write down my thoughts. Last time I wrote 2 pages of insights. The most troubling thing about them is they tend to dissolve boundaries and categories and it can make you seriously question a lot of things in your life. The illusion of the ego/self is shoved right in your face too and your unconscious/subconscious takes the front seat.

And in case anyone was curious, I posted a trip report on shroomery.org last year, but I'll copy and paste it here:

"I recently acquired an oz of mushrooms, two strains, supposedly they're both very strong. One of them is blue meanies, not sure about the other but it looks very similiar to the generic P cubensis strains I've used before. I thought I'd ease into it and try 1.75g to start out. I've tripped about a dozen times before this and would take anywhere from 2 to 4g on an empty stomach. I always weigh the mushrooms then grind them up and make them into tea with lemon juice. Always alone; usually I prefer to just stay in my apartment and sit in silence, sometimes with music sometimes not.

My set/setting weren't ideal. I didn't prepare much at all and it was a spontaneous/impulsive choice, although my motivation was to test the strength of the strain and get this ball rolling ASAP without hesitation. I want to use them all summer to heal and get myself back on track; I have a strong intentionality/goal in mind. I don't want to get into a long rant about what happened, but I want to give a few bullets points:

-I took the mushrooms at 5:45pm, and they didn't seem to fully wear off until midnight or so, and the "after effects" lasted until about 4am (couldn't sleep). Far longer than any trip I've had and shocking considering I only took 1.75g.

-My mind was rushed with insight, I had constant epiphenies and reminders about all the traumas, critical moments, etc in my life and how there are so many unresolved things, unprocessed, half-intentions all around me every day that I put off. I tried writing it all of this down in the most distilled form I could but eventually I realized it was just too much to bear all at once so I simply sat with it and let the thoughts do what they wanted.

-The categories/boundaries in my mind started to dissolve and I began questioning who in my life I could really trust and what mattered. I didn't know if I could trust my friends or family. I felt like I could only trust myself at the time.

Here I am the next day, and I feel fairly rejuvinated. I don't really believe in a "bad trip" in a sense and I plan on doing them again soon. What's puzzling, is that many of the insights and thoughts I had still seem entirely valid, and this trip really cemented just how many things are going wrong in my life and how much work I have to do to get myself into a better place. If I have to go through another 12 bad trips so be it - this was awakening and it's exactly what I needed."

Bro calling mushroom a drug is straight retarded so I hope you're joking. Yes it's psychoactive and is indeed a drug but I really don't think it's fair to lump it in with things like pot, cocaine, alcohol, opiates, etc.
I'd do it again. It was crazy, the same things happened to me, all the traumas I had, where did they come from, it was all a realization of my life how to overcome them, I relieved all those moments, it was refreshing to finally find answers.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've tried Magic Mushrooms, just ate them straight. Tasted not that great, but got them down. When I've tripped, I've always found my 'safe space' to be my toilet. Handy if I'm going to vomit, plus nice enclosed space where I know I can't do anything stupid. I remember having the toilet door open, and I was looking at the door across the hallway to my adjacent spare room. I saw a massive luminescent, ephemeral glowing Owl that spread it's wings, and embraced me.

That was nothing though, than the experience of taking LSD. I've had it about half a dozen times, the most potent trip was when I took 2 x 200ug tabs, which sent me into another world. In hindsight, after that experience, I really understood and got the mindset of 'set and setting'. Advance word of warning... taking LSD is like a TWELVEV HOUR roller-coaster ride that you cannot get off, so I advise not doing it in public. My first trip, which was only 1 tab, after I while I did go out to my local pub, and I saw some redneck men, and the trip accentuated the perception to make them look like Demons, which wasn't fun.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, but there is mounting evidence these substances can be used to treat a wide array of psychiatric issues that drugs cannot seem to help with, so definitely some powerful substances.
In Australia, I think it is specific to the State of Victoria, they are now allowing the medical profession to use Magic Mushrooms and MDMA to treat depression and anxiety.

Some psychiatrists say the jury is out on prescription of psychedelic drugs like MDMA and psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms

Australia is about to legalise MDMA and psilocybin for medicinal use. So how will it work?

TGA approves psilocybin and MDMA for use in treating depression and PTSD

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I did mushrooms I spent 2 hours convinced I was God and then 2 hours convinced I was a black man.

Not sure how unearthing that is.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The last time I did mushrooms I spent 2 hours convinced I was God and then 2 hours convinced I was a black man.

Not sure how unearthing that is.
When I took LSD once, I thought I was a massive Blueberry. And another point in the trip, I thought I was playing for the Chicago Bulls.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No but I have smoked shermstick PCP at a park once when I was younger. Shrooms on steroids.
I felt like I had powers like the x-men and the bird flying in the sky looked like the ghetto bird just staking out.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd do it again. It was crazy, the same things happened to me, all the traumas I had, where did they come from, it was all a realization of my life how to overcome them, I relieved all those moments, it was refreshing to finally find answers.
It's interesting how some people don't have the sort of experiences we have described. Many people do mushrooms only in a high energy social situation, or something to have "in the background" while they watch a movie or play games. Many people report purely visual phenomena or becoming "silly" and laughing a lot, which seems very foreign to me and seems like it's missing the point of the trip.

How much did you take??

I've tried Magic Mushrooms, just ate them straight. Tasted not that great, but got them down. When I've tripped, I've always found my 'safe space' to be my toilet. Handy if I'm going to vomit, plus nice enclosed space where I know I can't do anything stupid.

This is a bit alarming to me. Do you really have so little faith in yourself that you don't think you can be out and about? I've taken them before and walked around a downtown area. I don't quite understand this mindset. Have you ever actually done anything "stupid" on them? I definitely think it's best to cut off stimulation but a bathroom doesn't sound lovely.

I've never vomitted from them and if I get any naeusea or GI symptoms they are fairly mild. I recommend making them into a tea with lemon juice, it can help a lot with preventing nausea.
No but I have smoked shermstick PCP at a park once when I was younger. Shrooms on steroids.
I felt like I had powers like the x-men and the bird flying in the sky looked like the ghetto bird just staking out.
PCP is not like shrooms on steroids. Shrooms on steroids is something like Ayuascha/DMT.

Smoking PCP is a (dirty) way of achieving a dissassociative state (which is a completely distinct catagory of hallucinative experiences, the other 2 being psychedelia or delirium.

Last edited:

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@FlexpertHamilton I usually sought safety in the toilet, because that is where I would go when the trip got intense on LSD. Bear in mind, I tried LSD before Mushrooms, and I found LSD to be more intense. Also, when I was experimenting with these psycoactive drugs, I was also drinking alcohol heavily, so I wouldn't be in a good state to be out in public. At one time, I totally entered the LSD green fractal world, which seemed like an eternity. Ie: I lost all normal vision, and just went into the complete trip state; so no, not an ideal physical and mental place to be in public, and yes, I did vomit, but I think that was due to the alcohol.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, you thought you were Morgan Freeman? :rofl:
Yeah, @BillyPilgrim, what exactly did you mean by that? Was it contrasting powerful vs powerless in terms of your ego/subconscious and those were token manifestations? I've been reading this book about Caste by Isabel Wilkerson and it's been a eye-opener and hot page-turner book. Perhaps there are deeper issues at play based on the programming of society and those drugs are bringing them out.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im ignorant in the topic but interested, is this the substance that makes your experience positive or negative according to your mental state in that moment?

I would like to consider to try them but I'm afraid that all the mess inside my head would get me in trouble either then or later.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Done them a few times, not a heavy dose though. Always have had a great time. No major epiphanies, just peace.