Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is brunch a red flag?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What type of people are fine with getting day drunk/full and ruining their whole Sunday every week? .... Usually more drinking is involved in brunch and not lunch/dinner.
I doubt if brunches usually end in drunken debauchery, but I agree that people who go on Sunday brunches have too much time and money. And here in Europe any type of inebriation during the day is frowned upon. Far as I know, most brunches here don't serve alcohol.

Last edited:
M

member162951

What type of people are fine with getting day drunk/full and ruining their whole Sunday every week?
WTF, exaggerate much? Who said anything about "getting drunk" and "ruining their entire day"?

By spending a couple hours sitting at a restaurant having a wine or a c0cktail, eggs and pancakes with friends?

Again, if getting drunk and ruining the entire day is what your girl or any girl is doing or you think she is doing, then you should not be dating her.

You don't trust her and would venture to say even like her much or respect her and her decision-making process.

Anyway...

This argument is so ludicrous I'm bowing out. Work on your frame, paranoia and trust issues man, they sorely need improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt if brunches usually end in drunken debauchery, but I agree that people who go on Sunday brunches have too much time and money. And here in Europe any type of inebriation during the day is frowned upon. Far as I know, most brunches here don't serve alcohol.
Brunch here in the states is associated with drinking during the middle to late day on a Sunday usually.

WTF, exaggerate much? Who said anything about "getting drunk" and "ruining their entire day"?

By spending a couple hours sitting at a restaurant having a wine or a c0cktail, eggs and pancakes with friends?

Again, if getting drunk and ruining the entire day is what your girl or any girl is doing or you think she is doing, then you should not be dating her.

You don't trust her.

This argument is so ludicrous I'm bowing out. Work on your frame, paranoia and trust issues man, they sorely need improvement.
Who wants to be productive after a couple of mimosas, wine, or whatever ****tails paired with heavy brunch food? Even if you don't get drunk, you still don't want to do shvt after it because you are full and sluggish. There's a reason it is called brunch and not breakfast or lunch. Brunch is an event or occasion, not a meal.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
But the people who go get a $7 coffee every morning on their way to work and then eat out for lunch at work wasting $300+ every month are good with money?

Women going to brunch are like 5% of the population. Women/Men getting morning coffees and work lunches are like 40% of the population.

Men probably should be far more concerned about lack of financial sense from the people doing daily coffee and work lunches.

M

member162951

Who wants to be productive after a couple of mimosas, wine, or whatever
Sunday is a day of rest (from work and being "productive") and relaxation.

Let her catch up with friends for a couple of hours, YOU go do your own thing and meet up later.... for your own fun.

Makes for a much more balanced and happier relationship imo. It's a couple of hours a week for goodness sake.

Let each other breathe...

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Brunch in these coastal cities isn't just a fancy occasional treat – it's a regular part of the weekend routine. For many folks, it's as normal as hitting the gym or grocery shopping. It's just what you do on weekends.

You'll see groups of friends, couples, or even solo diners with laptops or a good book making their way to their favorite brunch spot. It's almost like a ritual. Wake up late, get dressed in something casual yet relaxed, and head out to meet friends or enjoy some alone time, all while digging into some delicious food.

This regularity also means that brunch spots are always buzzing with energy. It's a community where people from all walks of life come together. You'll find a mix of locals, out-of-towners, young professionals, creatives – all kinds enjoying their weekend staple.

And let's not forget the role of social media in making brunch a 'normal' thing. You'll see many folks snapping pics of their fancy plates or clinking mimosa glasses for the 'gram. It's part of the culture now – brunch isn't just a meal; it's an experience to share and showcase.

In short, in these cities, brunch is as regular as it gets. It's the go-to weekend plan, blending good food, chill vibes, and a community feel. It's not just a meal; it's a part of the lifestyle.

There's always a flip side to these trends. While many people are all about the brunch lifestyle, another crowd rolls their eyes at the whole thing. They see it as another part of the insular, maybe even pretentious, urban bubble.

With its fancy dishes, artisanal coffees, and Instagram-worthy setups, the brunch scene can seem a bit over the top for these folks. They might view it as people showing off or being part of an exclusive club about following the latest trends and being seen at the 'right' places.

Some even argue that it's less about the food and more about the image – like, are you there for the pancakes, or are you just there to post about it and show how extraordinary your weekend is? They see it as a symbol of a kind of urban elitism, where people are disconnected from the realities of everyday life outside these trendy neighborhoods. However, if your city has an excellent culinary scene (much of America does not), the different options for food are amazing; we're talking serious eats here. When a kid out of school can make 150k on their first job, they have more money than the share of couples in the US.

So yeah, while brunch is a regular, enjoyable thing for many, it's got its critics. Some see it as another way city life can be insular, focusing more on trends and appearances than genuine experiences. But, like with any trend, you've got people who love it, people who hate it, and plenty who don't care either way!

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you suck at making breakfast I wouldn't call it that either.
Another skill to learn.
Learn how to cook.
It's like knowing how to dance. Even if you just know some basics, you're miles ahead of so many other men it's ridiculous.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men probably should be far more concerned about lack of financial sense from the people doing daily coffee and work lunches.
Absolutely. Thermos exist for a reason.
1705348725479.png

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sunday is a day of rest (from work and being "productive") and relaxation.

Let her catch up with friends for a couple of hours, YOU go do your own thing and meet up later.... for your own fun.

Makes for a much more balanced and happier relationship imo. It's a couple of hours a week for goodness sake.

Let each other breathe...
I refuse to date a girl that thinks it is okay to get fvcked up with her friends every Sunday religiously. The type of people that do that are IMHO not high on my value spectrum. It shows me that she has low self-control & impulses, the inability to cut-off toxic friends, and poor time management.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Another skill to learn.
Learn how to cook.
It's like knowing how to dance. Even if you just know some basics, you're miles ahead of so many other men it's ridiculous.
Seriously, learning how to make a killer strata or frittata is stupid easy and makes you a gem among men if you make it for a sleepover.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I refuse to date a girl that thinks it is okay to get fvcked up with her friends every Sunday religiously. The type of people that do that are IMHO not high on my value spectrum. It shows me that she has low self-control & impulses, the inability to cut-off toxic friends, and poor time management.
Many here seem to think that brunch is about getting blotto, but it isn't. Anyone getting obliterated in public, no matter the setting is not a good choice for anything.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brunch in these coastal cities isn't just a fancy occasional treat – it's a regular part of the weekend routine. For many folks, it's as normal as hitting the gym or grocery shopping. It's just what you do on weekends.

You'll see groups of friends, couples, or even solo diners with laptops or a good book making their way to their favorite brunch spot. It's almost like a ritual. Wake up late, get dressed in something casual yet relaxed, and head out to meet friends or enjoy some alone time, all while digging into some delicious food.
That's how I mainly know about brunches. And frankly, I rarely hear of anyone drinking something stronger than a wine spritzer. Over here, brunches don't usually feature c0cktails although it's probably decades ago for me to be at a brunch. Maybe because I rarely get out of bed before noon on Sundays. And I have koryu jujutsu at two, so...

M

member162951

I'd also like to add that there's no rule saying that there even has to be alcohol involved.

She can certainly have brunch with friends and not have a glass of wine or Bloody Mary or any other type of alcoholic beverage.

She can have a sparkling water with lime or Virgin Mary as my girl often does.

Also, a couple of my girl's friends are big c0ck carousel riders. They are good friends and she does not judge them nor does she allow them to influence her in a negative way.

They all respect each other and their particular lifestyles.

You guys who clearly don't trust your girl to behave with integrity and/or assume she's too weak-minded to think for herself and NOT be influenced by her friends who live a different lifestyle, you need to dump the girl and find a new girlfriend.

One who doesn't need to be monitored or dictated to like she's a child. She already possess the qualities you seek and that foster trust before you ever even met her.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Seriously, learning how to make a killer strata or frittata is stupid easy and makes you a gem among men if you make it for a sleepover.
I used to do homemade chicken souvlaki with homemade naan bread for a lot of third date meals at my place or if I was feeling froggy I'd make a homemade sauce and lasagna that was so good it would make you want to go slap yo momma. :lol: :lol:

A man who knows how to cook and properly present food that tastes amazing is one of the most sexy things to a woman, especially because it's so rarely seen by them.

Plus you get to make them your kitchen assistant and boss them around giving them orders so it automatically puts them in a submissive state and you in a dominant state by default.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
@BackInTheGame78 brace yourself for all these lady killers to tell you that you're efeminate and that the biatch should be cooking for you while she blows you.

I used to do homemade chicken souvlaki with homemade naan bread for a lot of third date meals at my place or if I was feeling froggy I'd make a homemade sauce and lasagna that was so good it would make you want to go slap yo momma. :lol: :lol:

A man who knows how to cook and properly present food that tastes amazing is one of the most sexy things to a woman, especially because it's so rarely seen by them.

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Another skill to learn.
Learn how to cook.
I encourage people to elevate their culinary skills, good luck with your lessons.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
brace yourself for all these lady killers to tell you that you're efeminate and that the biatch should be cooking for you while she blows you.
Actually, one of my kittens made a sport of giving me fellatio while I'm making cappuccino because she hopes to make me mess up my micro-foam, but now I changed that into 'coffee is free, milk costs you a bj, and for sugar you have to kiss my cojones'. And for foam she has to fellate me while I work my Pavoni.

La Pavoni rebuilt.jpeg

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Actually, one of my kittens made a sport of giving me fellatio while I'm making cappuccino because she hopes to make me mess up my micro-foam, but now I changed that into 'coffee is free, milk costs you a bj, and for sugar you have to kiss my cojones'. And for foam she has to fellate me while I work my Pavoni.

View attachment 11911
Nice, did it come with pressure gauge or did you add it? Frankly, it’s tough to understand when you’re serving them Folgers'…

I spy a pizza cutter you eating pizza for bfast?!