Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sorry Vegans...the truth hurts.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Major health organization declares meat, eggs and milk are a source of vital nutrients that often are not contained in vegan sources or contained in meaningful levels that we need on a regular basis.

It's corporate propaganda.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Bet anyone can find a link to support just about anything, the question is who is behind the peer-reviewed studies cited, if in fact any are at all.

let’s see FIAN.ORG a site I’ve never heard of with crappy site design and questionable at best content with absolutely no sourcing for many of the claims made in its articles.

FIAN (FoodFirst Information and Action Network) is a non-governmental organization that works to promote the right to food and to advocate for food sovereignty around the world. It was founded in 1986 and is based in Germany, with offices and national sections in various countries.

As a non-governmental organization, FIAN is not owned by any individual or company. Instead, it is governed by a board of directors and relies on funding from a variety of sources, including private donations, grants from foundations, and government support. The organization is also supported by a network of volunteers and partners who work to promote its mission and objectives. Sounds Greenpeacy. Soy boy alert.

vs

Fortune Magazine, Hrm that’s a tough decision to make.

At least I know who they are:

Fortune magazine is currently owned by Fortune Media Group Holdings Limited, a company that is part of the Chatchaval Jiaravanon-led conglomerate, Charoen Pokphand Group (CP Group). CP Group is a Thai conglomerate that has interests in various industries, including agribusiness, retail, telecommunications, and media. Fortune Media Group Holdings Limited acquired Fortune magazine from Meredith Corporation in 2018

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's corporate propaganda.

Unlikely. Humans were not designed to eat only vegetables no matter how badly some people want to pretend they were.

The only thing you have to do is look at our teeth to know that. Our teeth have evolved to eat both plants and animals and do not resemble pure plant eating animals teeth at all.

Additionally, if we were not supposed to eat meat it would make us sick, not have nutrients our bodies require like Vitamin K2 that are hard to find in non fermented forms outside of animal meat and byproducts.

There is also a reason that many places with plant based diets have diseases or conditions caused by nutrient deficiencies that don't exist in places where animals and animal byproducts are eaten.

Honestly, it's pretty much common sense. Anyone arguing against this is arguing against common sense.

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Back in the Game,
Good post,I stayed in the household of an Old Gentleman of 110 years,mobile and all his smarts,he ate moderately started the morning with an egg and a glass of Milk,he ate a moderate amount of meat and Dairy no fried foods at all and never less than four serves of GREEN vegetables a day.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unlikely. Humans were not designed to eat only vegetables no matter how badly some people want to pretend they were.

The only thing you have to do is look at our teeth to know that. Our teeth have evolved to eat both plants and animals and do not resemble pure plant eating animals teeth at all.

Additionally, if we were not supposed to eat meat it would make us sick, not have nutrients our bodies require like Vitamin K2 that are hard to find in non fermented forms outside of animal meat and byproducts.

There is also a reason that many places with plant based diets have diseases or conditions caused by nutrient deficiencies that don't exist in places where animals and animal byproducts are eaten.

Honestly, it's pretty much common sense. Anyone arguing against this is arguing against common sense.

Humans evolved eating meat by burying it and letting it rot before they ate it. Cooking food was actually invented because vegetarian foods needed it to make the carbohydrates digestible. Early man got easy protein and fat, but carbs were the hardest to come by. If you want to get in touch with your roots, bury some raw meat in your yard, then dig it up a few months later and eat it fresh without cooking it.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Bible Belt,
For a miserable six months,while a struggling young Man,my weekends were spent going on the ferry to Taronga Park Zoo,then either fishing off the pier,enjoying conversation with the old "down and outs" similarly occupied or sneaking under the fence to enjoy the Birds and Animals....There I always most enjoyed the Orang Utans.....Through the wire,only feet away I used to eyeball one who perhaps in vain illusion, I thought recognised and enjoyed my company....On reflection this Orange Man soo like me,was invariably chewing on something,an Orange peel a piece of Cabbage,a rotten carrot he munched away all day...While I think you make a good point about our eating carrion,maybe the discovery of fire was another big deal breaker enabling us to soften hard food and get enough calories to fill our worm riddled bellies....In its turn this gave us free time,time to think and develop the wherewithal to evolve the Civilised state most of us enjoy today.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my own personal experience I can literally feel my body atrophy if I don’t have meat

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
From my own personal experience I can literally feel my body atrophy if I don’t have meat
*Purely anectdotal I know, but..

About 7 yrs ago, dated a chick for a while, who was a pretty full-on vegetarian - Not quite full Vegan, but not far off.
6 yrs younger than me... Nice and slim at the time, reasonably fit, though did get tired easily.
Saw her a couple of weeks ago, she'll be 53 now - She's basically falling to pieces lately.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Our ancestor were eating as much meat as the could, and we made it this far, but sure veggies is all you need.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Humans are biological omnivores. However, omnivores share more in common anatomically with herbivores than with carnivores. Humans are no exception to this.

Nutritionally, the essential nutrients lacking from a vegan diet are the B and D vitamins and EPA / DHA in sufficient quantities. Animal foods, particularly fatty fish, contain the missing nutrients. Although, meat, and dairy can provide B / D vitamins, they are not essential to the human diet.

“Plant-based” is not the same as “vegan” or “plant-exclusive.” The standard Western diet contains far too many animal foods and not enough fruits and vegetables.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on where you're buying your meat from they recently open up a sprouts grocery store where i'm at they are very expensive what do you guys buy your meat at?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on where you're buying your meat from they recently open up a sprouts grocery store where i'm at they are very expensive what do you guys buy your meat at?

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am definitely omnivore and could never be vegan/vegetarian.

But I think you CAN have a healthy vegetarian diet. You just have to be extremely attentive to everything and do it all right to make sure you're not deficient and end up with poor results. Sort of like owning a pit bull vs a dog that doesn't need that perfect ownership to keep it in check.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am definitely omnivore and could never be vegan/vegetarian.

But I think you CAN have a healthy vegetarian diet. You just have to be extremely attentive to everything and do it all right to make sure you're not deficient and end up with poor results. Sort of like owning a pit bull vs a dog that doesn't need that perfect ownership to keep it in check.
Yes you can but most people do not have the nutritional knowledge or discipline to do so, but I don't understand the point anyway, it's much more accurate to say "you can be healthy in spite of a plant-based diet" rather than "plant-based diets are healthy".

For instance almost no one knows that heme iron and animal protein is significantly more bioavailable than plant protein and non-heme iron. Almost no one knows that organ meat and eggs are the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet. Even grassfed+grass finished organic ground beef is a nutritional powerhouse compared to almost any vegetable or fruit.

Then of course there's the array of nutrients like taurine, carnosine, CoQ10, EPA/DHA etc. Most vegans and vegetarians just eat processed garbage (like the beyond burger, which is basically mcdonalds-tier level of processing) and their health detoriates rapidly because they don't know what they're doing. It's no wonder most of them start eating dairy, or fish to compensate.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes you can but most people do not have the nutritional knowledge or discipline to do so, but I don't understand the point anyway, it's much more accurate to say "you can be healthy in spite of a plant-based diet" rather than "plant-based diets are healthy".

For instance almost no one knows that heme iron and animal protein is significantly more bioavailable than plant protein and non-heme iron. Almost no one knows that organ meat and eggs are the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet. Even grassfed+grass finished organic ground beef is a nutritional powerhouse compared to almost any vegetable or fruit.

Then of course there's the array of nutrients like taurine, carnosine, CoQ10, EPA/DHA etc. Most vegans and vegetarians just eat processed garbage (like the beyond burger, which is basically mcdonalds-tier level of processing) and their health detoriates rapidly because they don't know what they're doing. It's no wonder most of them start eating dairy, or fish to compensate.
Yep. I agree with all of that.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you saying its over for vegan-cels?