Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please help

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
So hello brothers. I'm 48. Marine Corps veteran. Spent 20+ years in the Marines. Master guns. Should be the ultimate alpha male. Was married 13 years. 2 great kids. Been divorced since 2013. Been dating a blast from the past for 5 years. She's super successful in the tech world but I can feel her pulling away and it's turning me into a *****. I used to be hard as ****. Wtf? Help brothers.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Hey Gunny, 5 years is a long time and frankly the pure attraction side of things for women fades. Sounds like you got complacent, maybe put on some weight? Stopped being the person you were? Is that possible? What about you has changed?

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Gunny, 5 years is a long time and frankly the pure attraction side of things for women fades. Sounds like you got complacent, maybe put on some weight? Stopped being the person you were? Is that possible? What about you has changed?
I appreciate the response brother. No weight has been gained. Still hard as ****. The only thing that changed is maybe I've became an afc? My gf makes a ton more money

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you tell more about how she is pulling away? I will answer more in depth after that

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's super successful in the tech world but I can feel her pulling away and it's turning me into a *****. I used to be hard as ****. Wtf? Help brothers.
She's pulling away because you started to get too comfortable.

Using logic to convince her otherwise or logical strategies will only fail.

Leverage tit for tat.

She pulls away, you pull away.

This only works if while you are playing tit for tat, you are ACTIVELY planning for a life without her.

At the very least getting used to the idea, and being OK with never seeing her again.

This is the only way.

Forget short term texting strategies and what to say.

FORCE your attention elsewhere.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
You're lacking options /abundance and confidence in yourself and the idea that women greatly desire you.

So when she pulls away, instead of realizing what might be causing it, you start to feel bad about yourself.

Me, I know what women want and i know how to take advantage of that. If a woman pulls away, I know that i might be showing her signs that im not as interested or that im not the right type of guy for her, or will b reak her heart, play her, etc.

I'd learn to not care and realize just as easily as you found her, u can find much better. Knowing this is crucial. I've had some of the hottest women leave my life and when I was younger I used to think "man idk if ill find a girl like her" which was pathetic because then the next girl I found after her was much hotter/better. Its a weird thing..

The only hard part about this is you've been locked in with her for 5 years. Since I never had anything that lasted that long, I'm going to bow out of giving any further advice.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I appreciate the response brother. No weight has been gained. Still hard as ****. The only thing that changed is maybe I've became an afc? My gf makes a ton more money
Regardless of what they say, this is usually a major issue eventually. They won't be actively thinking about it, but subconsciously, socially, etc they will feel superior to you because of it and they don't want to feel that way with a man, they want the man to be higher in that domain than they are. Eventually it erodes their respect level for you to the point they will likely end up dumping you or will start the process of emotionally detaching and then physically detaching hoping you will dump them.

I would bet this is a big part of the issue, and honestly there isn't much you can do about it unless you have ways to bridge that gap that you aren't using currently.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Regardless of what they say, this is usually a major issue eventually. They won't be actively thinking about it, but subconsciously, socially, etc they will feel superior to you because of it and they don't want to feel that way with a man, they want the man to be higher in that domain than they are. Eventually it erodes their respect level for you to the point they will likely end up dumping you or will start the process of emotionally detaching and then physically detaching hoping you will dump them.

I would bet this is a big part of the issue, and honestly there isn't much you can do about it unless you have ways to bridge that gap that you aren't using currently.
Concur. Dealing with this even though he is PRO in his sport and makes 6 figures outside it.

Cheers

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to get out for a minute.

Grab some of your fellow Marines and head to Vegas for a weekend bender. Tell her what you're doing and that you'll touch base on Sunday night/maybe Monday. Live it up and have the time of your life.

Come next week, see where the cards fall.

The point, maybe you'll be the one who's ready to go...maybe her...maybe whatever.... but maybe you just need to toss this stale monotonous thing up.

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score

I dumped her today. I just couldn't take her crap anymore.

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
She's pulling away because you started to get too comfortable.

Using logic to convince her otherwise or logical strategies will only fail.

Leverage tit for tat.

She pulls away, you pull away.

This only works if while you are playing tit for tat, you are ACTIVELY planning for a life without her.

At the very least getting used to the idea, and being OK with never seeing her again.

This is the only way.

Forget short term texting strategies and what to say.

FORCE your attention elsewhere.
Dumped her today.

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good man putting an end to it. The game is different with career women amigo. Let them be who they are, use them for what they’re good for, and never get too close. Always have more options.
Yep I definitely got my use out of her. She was at the wall anyway.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Career/top brass/management/power hungry corporate women turn me off outside of bed really.
They are somewhat challenging and masculine.
I don’t need em to challenge my decisions at every turn.
I got that patriarchy bloodline from my grandfathers where I prefer my woman to be less exposed to that fast paced environment where they can boss men around and get an ego boost out of it.

I have always found the cute retail / grocery store cashier chicks or the women who have their own small thriving business from the ground up more attractive.
These women have always been more LTR material and very feminine in the company of their man.

You did the right move. Next time don’t get too emotionally attached with a woman. 99.9% of them come and go.

Stamper75

Don Juan
Reaction score
Career/top brass/management/power hungry corporate women turn me off outside of bed really.
They are somewhat challenging and masculine.
I don’t need em to challenge my decisions at every turn.
I got that patriarchy bloodline from my grandfathers where I prefer my woman to be less exposed to that fast paced environment where they can boss men around and get an ego boost out of it.

I have always found the cute retail / grocery store cashier chicks or the women who have their own small thriving business from the ground up more attractive.
These women have always been more LTR material and very feminine in the company of their man.

You did the right move. Next time don’t get too emotionally attached with a woman. 99.9% of them come and go.
Yes sir. Lesson learned. Never again. I dated her many years ago in my late teens. She sought me out. I'm just going to work on myself and try to heal, work out more and keep reading red pill literature voraciously. Thank you

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So hello brothers. I'm 48. Marine Corps veteran. Spent 20+ years in the Marines. Master guns. Should be the ultimate alpha male. Was married 13 years. 2 great kids. Been divorced since 2013. Been dating a blast from the past for 5 years. She's super successful in the tech world but I can feel her pulling away and it's turning me into a *****. I used to be hard as ****. Wtf? Help brothers.
Congrats on dumping her. No man needs a "successful woman" aka boss *****. We dont care about her money, we dont care about her success.

For future LTRs though.... if you find her loosing respect/becoming less compliant/pulling away/sexually not availlable, try using dread game.

This will keep her on her heels and her head working the problem instead of creating bs for you.

It works wonders for me and can turn situations like yours around.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
After 5 years the relationship probably got stale. Who knows if her job had anything to do with it. Once the “honeymoon” period is over, it’s hard to keep the romance alive if there is not constant effort on both sides, aka complacency. She might have been taking you for granted as she back pedaled once you dumped her.

Just curious, what job do you have now after the military, or are you retired? Women can’t stand to see a guy relaxing when they are working. It’s a funny dynamic how a woman will work like a dog to support their children but will not support their man if he is not working, even if he is a decorated serviceman. This is their hypergamous nature.

Thank you for your service btw.

Last edited: