Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I expect Lower Greenville to get the bulk of the audience. That place is already packed on weekends. It's going to be moreso during Saturday. I went to grab some images of past years: Looks exactly like the crowd I expect to show up.

View attachment 9810
Where do you think there would be the most college-aged girls? Lower or Upper Greenville?

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you think there would be the most college-aged girls? Lower or Upper Greenville?
Likely both. Remember, bars are 21+. House parties are not. I've seen this routine before at college.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can make a case around either one. I'll make the case here for each.

Lower Greenville: The big case for Lower Greenville is that there will be more people. The downside to this is that Lower Greenville will be very bar oriented. Bars are 21+ so men need to be 21+ to party. Women who are 21+ are either juniors or seniors in undergrad. A lot of the housing stock near Lower Greenville is single family detached houses. A lot of those single family detached houses are owned by people 25-44, many of whom have families. Those people will not be having parties. Some of those houses that are rented out to SMU students. It will take some effort to figure out the houses owned by people having parties and also to get into these random house parties hosted in houses off of Greenville south of Mockingbird.

Upper Greenville: Upper Greenville is where the parade is located. The parade is all ages. Since Upper Greenville's housing stock is more apartment complexes closer to Greenville Avenue, these are people who aren't families with children. There's more of an unmarried population in the apartments off of Upper Greenville. Some of these apartments are 21+, while some allow SMU students 18-20. Once again, if you want to go to a party in an apartment off of Upper Greenville, you'll need some social connections to make that happen. Also, a lot of these apartments are smaller and cannot host a lot of people in them. That limits the size of a party.

I wouldn't recommend either if under 21 and lacking an invitation to a private party or two prior to the day getting started.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I expect Lower Greenville to get the bulk of the audience. That place is already packed on weekends. It's going to be moreso during Saturday. I went to grab some images of past years: Looks exactly like the crowd I expect to show up.

View attachment 9810
In looking at these pictures, I would call it an overrated shiit show.

Anyway, another St. Patrick's Day Parade is complete. There are still some post parade parties going on as I write this, but a lot of the parade-related day drinking stuff around Greenville Avenue is over. There's still some night game that can be done tonight on Lower Greenville.

On an ordinary Saturday night, Lower Greenville is one of many areas with a vibrant bar and restaurant scene. Tonight, it is center stage.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just got back from celebrations. The bulk of the crowd was a lot of undesirables. By that, I meant a lot of women that looked like sluts or were low quality. Whether they were fat or just marked all over in tattoos, you really didn't get many hot women. Or let me say it another way, you got a lot of hot women but they were completely outnumbered by the not so hot women. The parade itself was half good and half ghetto. People running into the streets to either picked up tossed beads or the parade stopping briefly so they can run and interact with the crowd. I haven't done parades in a long time but I could have sworn you're suppose to keep it going in a timely matter. But I suppose the parade is a good example of the not-so-great prestige of Dallas that everyone likes to overrate. Cops everywhere, too, while loud music is playing every block while everyone is drinking and doing club dancing. It felt like I was down in Deep Ellum on a Saturday night.

The block party was crowded, but you ran into more good looking women here. I got a lot of compliments on my patrick's day attire, but I'm sure most of the women and men were saying it because of my fitness. Which led to the next thing. Here is where I found my entry into a private parties cause I was talking with some guys and their female friends and they all thought I was cool and decided to bring me along to various house parties all throughout Greenville. These are where the middle class families are. There were other parties happening in the neighborhood like that, but these guys treated me well and it was certainly a different vibe from being on Greenville. They had kegs, lots of food, and the girls were not the girls you saw majority walking on the street.

By the way, SW15, the night scene in Lower Greenville was actually not as big as it usually is. Likely everyone went home by then and were tired out. It felt like a Thursday night actually. The bulk of any social activity happened in the middle of the day at the block party.

Overall, I would say that my day was saved by the private parties.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I found my entry into a private parties cause I was talking with some guys and their female friends and they all thought I was cool and decided to bring me along to various house parties all throughout Greenville. These are where the middle class families are. There were other parties happening in the neighborhood like that, but these guys treated me well and it was certainly a different vibe from being on Greenville. They had kegs, lots of food, and the girls were not the girls you saw majority walking on the street.
I would say that my day was saved by the private parties.
I'm not surprised by this. The street scene is way too crowded. I was hyping the private party scene as the key element to a good parade day experience on Greenville.

The best people know the street scene is overhyped.

By the way, the night scene in Lower Greenville was actually not as big as it usually is. Likely everyone went home by then and were tired out. It felt like a Thursday night actually. The bulk of any social activity happened in the middle of the day at the block party.
Interesting. The parade starts at 11 AM and people get out to Upper Greenville by 9-10 AM in a lot of cases. By sunset, people can be partied out. That seems to be what happened.

The bulk of the crowd was a lot of undesirables. By that, I meant a lot of women that looked like sluts or were low quality. Whether they were fat or just marked all over in tattoos, you really didn't get many hot women. Or let me say it another way, you got a lot of hot women but they were completely outnumbered by the not so hot women. The parade itself was half good and half ghetto.
Typical

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the lounge scene like in Dallas? top tier women or mid?
The lounge scene in Dallas is about what you'd expect out of one of the US' most populated areas. Both top and mid-tier women can be found in lounges.

Ordinary bars seem more plentiful in Dallas than nightclubs with dance floors.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I haven't emphasized this already, I will emphasize it now.

Dallas is an extremely competitive mating market.

Like most US areas, there is a surplus of single men in Dallas. Dallas is a bit of a sausage fest.

Dallas women are pretentious with sky high expectations, especially the White women in Dallas. Non-White women in Dallas, especially ones in the poorer neighborhoods, are more likely to have realistic expectations. Some of those women are likely to end up with broke guys with many tattoos though. White women with bachelor's degrees + and white collar jobs are often the ones with the very high expectations.

Women here are used to physically appealing men, similar to what @Jesse Pinkman describes about Miami. There are also a decent amount of money in Metro Dallas, so that makes women desire money here.

Due to the male surplus in Dallas, there is a decent amount of male thirst in Dallas.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Like most US areas, there is a surplus of single men in Dallas. Dallas is a bit of a sausage fest.

Dallas women are pretentious with sky high expectations, especially the White women in Dallas. Non-White women in Dallas, especially ones in the poorer neighborhoods, are more likely to have realistic expectations. Some of those women are likely to end up with broke guys with many tattoos though. White women with bachelor's degrees + and white collar jobs are often the ones with the very high expectations.

Women here are used to physically appealing men, similar to what @Jesse Pinkman describes about Miami. There are also a decent amount of money in Metro Dallas, so that makes women desire money here.

Due to the male surplus in Dallas, there is a decent amount of male thirst in Dallas.
I've always felt if you are a top 30% guy you will do fine. For sure there is some competition.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

What cities are not competitive mating markets? From my understanding, there's going to be top tier guys everywhere who are sharing the hottest girls.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What cities are not competitive mating markets? From my understanding, there's going to be top tier guys everywhere who are sharing the hottest girls.
You mean what areas of cities. You'd kill it in any poor or ghetto part of town. Alternatively, international is the best for men. Women are less stuckup overseas.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Places where single women outnumber single men or at least closer to balanced.

In most US cities, single men outnumber single women until their mid-40s.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is a great article that mentions Dallas a few times, mostly in comparison to New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, and Miami. The article refers to those cities as the Big 4 and I'll use that term throughout the rest of this post.

The article asserts that Dallas is more social circle heavy than the Big 4. That's probably true, but as I have mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't consider Dallas to be social circle heavy. There are too many transplants in Dallas for it to be social circle heavy. The sheer number of adult transplants to Dallas means that there is some amount of openness to meeting new people. In the context of the mating environment, most of the transplants are attracted to using swipe apps when needing to date. Swipe apps do well in Dallas because of the weak social circles. There are some good social circles in Dallas but it is difficult to get into them. Most adults who transplant to Dallas in the 20s or 30s won't be getting into one of these social circles or they'll be at the fringes of them. These transplanted adults might meet people in some good, established social circles as co-workers, but those won't be their good friends.

There are a few primarily outdoor patio bars in Dallas that are social circle heavy. The seating arrangements there are not conducive at all to approaching. These patios mainly have long tables for seating or lawn chairs arranged in circles. Neither seating arrangement leads to people meeting new people. While these patio bars can be fun places to go with male friends, especially on a 70-80 degree day in the spring or fall, they won't be productive in terms of arranging dates. People need to be standing and walking to start new interactions.

The article mentions that few PUA bootcamps are run in Dallas. That's true and I'm fine with that. PUA bootcamps tend to go to Austin more than Dallas. PUA bootcamps tend to ruin gaming environments in cities anyway as many of the PUA bootcamp attendees are socially awkward guys who turn off a lot of women.

As I mentioned in the first post, daygame is neutral here. It's not frowned upon here to run daygame. Women aren't exactly closed off in Dallas but they aren't exactly welcoming either. Also, there are few places in Dallas with sufficient foot traffic for running daygame outdoors. There are 1-2 main paths, and the better of those two is already daygame saturated. I have daygamed outdoors in both of those areas and most daygaming sessions there aren't that fruitful. That's sort of the nature of outdoor daygame. There's also nothing unique about approaching in bookstores, malls, or grocery stores here.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean what areas of cities. You'd kill it in any poor or ghetto part of town.
In writing a lot of this Dallas thread, I've been writing it from the experiences of middle class or higher typically White males attempting to attract-seduce middle class or higher typically White females.

In Dallas, there are poorer and ghetto areas. These are mainly Hispanic and Black areas. There are a few well known nightclubs in Dallas that are mainly Hispanic and it'd be difficult to hear any English spoken in them.

There are some lower class White women around Dallas, mainly in some downscale suburbs like Lewisville, or older parts of inner ring suburbs like Irving or Richardson. Some of them can even be found in a few Dallas neighborhoods with older housing stock, often in rented homes.

The biggest problem dating in poor or ghetto areas of Dallas are that women become single moms fast in these areas. Women who have less than a bachelor's degree tend to have their first child earlier in life and things don't often work out with the baby daddy of their first child. This is a recipe for poverty. There are some decent choices in the under 25-27 and childless range of poor and lower middle class women without bachelor's degree but it can take a while to find them. Ideally, it's best for a man to be under 35 when looking for them.

There are other behavioral problems encountered when dating poorer, less educated women. They may be flakier in their overall life commitments. While plenty of middle class or higher White women act flaky in romantic endeavors, they do manage to keep their white collar work commitments, Lower class women can be flaky in both romance and in their careers. Obesity is often a bigger problem in lower class female populations too.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

This is a great article that mentions Dallas a few times, mostly in comparison to New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago, and Miami. The article refers to those cities as the Big 4 and I'll use that term throughout the rest of this post.

The article asserts that Dallas is more social circle heavy than the Big 4. That's probably true, but as I have mentioned earlier in the thread, I don't consider Dallas to be social circle heavy. There are too many transplants in Dallas for it to be social circle heavy. The sheer number of adult transplants to Dallas means that there is some amount of openness to meeting new people. In the context of the mating environment, most of the transplants are attracted to using swipe apps when needing to date. Swipe apps do well in Dallas because of the weak social circles. There are some good social circles in Dallas but it is difficult to get into them. Most adults who transplant to Dallas in the 20s or 30s won't be getting into one of these social circles or they'll be at the fringes of them. These transplanted adults might meet people in some good, established social circles as co-workers, but those won't be their good friends.

There are a few primarily outdoor patio bars in Dallas that are social circle heavy. The seating arrangements there are not conducive at all to approaching. These patios mainly have long tables for seating or lawn chairs arranged in circles. Neither seating arrangement leads to people meeting new people. While these patio bars can be fun places to go with male friends, especially on a 70-80 degree day in the spring or fall, they won't be productive in terms of arranging dates. People need to be standing and walking to start new interactions.

The article mentions that few PUA bootcamps are run in Dallas. That's true and I'm fine with that. PUA bootcamps tend to go to Austin more than Dallas. PUA bootcamps tend to ruin gaming environments in cities anyway as many of the PUA bootcamp attendees are socially awkward guys who turn off a lot of women.

As I mentioned in the first post, daygame is neutral here. It's not frowned upon here to run daygame. Women aren't exactly closed off in Dallas but they aren't exactly welcoming either. Also, there are few places in Dallas with sufficient foot traffic for running daygame outdoors. There are 1-2 main paths, and the better of those two is already daygame saturated. I have daygamed outdoors in both of those areas and most daygaming sessions there aren't that fruitful. That's sort of the nature of outdoor daygame. There's also nothing unique about approaching in bookstores, malls, or grocery stores here.
I was born and raised in Dallas. Relocated to other cities but when I come back it’s the same people hanging out with the same people. It is very social circle heavy. Be that as it may, you can still meet MANY strays, especially in downtown.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was born and raised in Dallas. Relocated to other cities but when I come back it’s the same people hanging out with the same people. It is very social circle heavy. Be that as it may, you can still meet MANY strays, especially in downtown.
I haven't perceived it as social circle heavy but I've never had a viable social circle in my 10+ years in Dallas. I'm a lot like @BPH in the sense that I have arranged my dates/sex partners over the years from approaching strangers and tech-based methods. How can you perceive Dallas as social circle heavy when there are many adult transplants coming in all the time? These adult transplants come into both the singles heavy areas near downtown and then there are married guys with families transplants moving to suburbs in Collin County all the time. These adult transplants aren't getting into established social circles upon relocation and they are often making friendships with other adult transplants with weak networks.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't perceived it as social circle heavy but I've never had a viable social circle in my 10+ years in Dallas. I'm a lot like @BPH in the sense that I have arranged my dates/sex partners over the years from approaching strangers and tech-based methods. How can you perceive Dallas as social circle heavy when there are many adult transplants coming in all the time? These adult transplants come into both the singles heavy areas near downtown and then there are married guys with families transplants moving to suburbs in Collin County all the time. These adult transplants aren't getting into established social circles upon relocation and they are often making friendships with other adult transplants with weak networks.
Because there’s still a ton of people who were born in Dallas and never left. They’re just not at the popular, hip bars. They’re in the hole in the walls, small business places.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because there’s still a ton of people who were born in Dallas and never left. They’re just not at the popular, hip bars. They’re in the hole in the walls, small business places.
Over the years, I've likely spent more time at the popular, hip bars. I can think of some examples of smaller holes in the wall where I have been that might fit that description. However, in my time in Dallas, I have been more of a daygame person than a nightlife venue person overall.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was so confused when I got quoted trying to find where it was lol.