Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I intend to lose more weight of course. Its not just about medical, but about feeling better about myself and improving my SMV. I know there are people here with 8-12% bf. I wont make these goals by playing games and hovering around medical borderlines.

The 40% bf limit was made up as that is the threshold for receiving more welfare money if you are too fat. I adoped their guidelines of what is an unacceptable level of bf. Its sti too high and I will continue the path of lowering it.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I intend to lose more weight of course. Its not just about medical, but about feeling better about myself and improving my SMV. I know there are people here with 8-12% bf. I wont make these goals by playing games and hovering around medical borderlines.

The 40% bf limit was made up as that is the threshold for receiving more welfare money if you are too fat. I adoped their guidelines of what is an unacceptable level of bf. Its sti too high and I will continue the path of lowering it.
It's been a few days since you've made this thread. How did it go so far?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking more about the actual actions. What did you do to see this improvement?
More exercise. Had a gym membership I was blowing $ 100 / mo but never actually using. Made 6 visits so far this month when I found out my bf went over 40%. I went odd hours, like 2 am in the morning I'd be working out, etc...

Also, there was a concerted family effort where my folks also cooperated and my dad no longer tried to sneak in chicken wings, muffins, pizzas behind my mother's back, and I did not splurge on deserts, etc....

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if food is healthy or unhealthy, if you eat too many carbs then you're going to get fat. This is common sense..
Well, this goes without saying. Healthy carbs are high in fiber and nutrients, which make them take longer to eat than unhealthy carbs. That is the reason he can eat a whole bag of potato chips faster than he can eat an actual potato. The net effect is that he takes in way more calories in total by eating the shvt food.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, this goes without saying. Healthy carbs are high in fiber and nutrients, which make them take longer to eat than unhealthy carbs. That is the reason he can eat a whole bag of potato chips faster than he can eat an actual potato. The net effect is that he takes in way more calories in total by eating the shvt food.
I had a roommate who thought that because a baked potato was organic, it was somehow healthier and lower in carbs. Her idea of snacking was eating a whole baked potato smothered in bbq sauce, but then she'd go on to complain about how she was fat and couldn't lose any weight.

The problem in both cases is willful ignorance.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a roommate who thought that because a baked potato was organic, it was somehow healthier and lower in carbs. Her idea of snacking was eating a whole baked potato smothered in bbq sauce, but then she'd go on to complain about how she was fat and couldn't lose any weight.

The problem in both cases is willful ignorance.
Potatoes are higher GI, therefore bad for snacking but perfectly fine when eaten with dinner. But if you’re seriously comparing a baked potato with potato chips I don’t know what else to tell you.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a 48h fast last week and work out 6 days a week resting in Saturdays. You need to get disciplined with your diet, I stopped eating any carbs/sugar 4 months ago I’m trying to touch 8% bf it’s going to be tough but I don’t give a fvck. I’m thinking to fast 24-48 hours weekly as I enjoy fasting and praying so much and the mental clarity it gives me.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Potatoes are higher GI, therefore bad for snacking but perfectly fine when eaten with dinner. But if you’re seriously comparing a baked potato with potato chips I don’t know what else to tell you.
I think most of the actual nutrition is in the skin. You probably know, there are a lot of varieties of potatoes. I like Yukon Gold. The blue ones are fun, too. Nutritionally, sweet potatoes are probably superior to any potato.

It's not so much that carbs as a concept are evil, but rather it's more a function of modern society and capitalism. What percentage of carbs at a grocery store are healthy? Ten? There are entire aisles of soda, chips, crackers and cookies. I have often wondered about measuring the aisle space in a grocery store and seeing how much space is dedicated to unhealthy food. It's got to be 90+%. So when a person goes into the store and buys anything with carbs, the odds are stacked way against you from the start.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not so much that carbs as a concept are evil, but rather it's more a function of modern society and capitalism. What percentage of carbs at a grocery store are healthy? Ten? There are entire aisles of soda, chips, crackers and cookies. I have often wondered about measuring the aisle space in a grocery store and seeing how much space is dedicated to unhealthy food. It's got to be 90+%. So when a person goes into the store and buys anything with carbs, the odds are stacked way against you from the start.
Carbohydrates are the body’s preferred energy source. There is nothing evil about the macronutrient. What you are saying is 100% true and a specifically Western phenomenon. Those refined / manufactured carbs aren’t even food.

Carbs are not evil. It’s just easier to tell people to avoid carbs altogether than convince people (especially western women) to replace sugar and processed junk carbs with legumes, fruit and whole grains. You are not going to get fat or diabetic eating healthy carbs.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I would suggest you take a nutrition class at your local community college.

You will learn the sugars are sugars, and the different types there are. Carbs are chemically made of simple sugars, most are complex carbs.

It’s all about insulin sensitivity and the bodies reaction to chemoreceptors in your gut.

Here’s some reading for those interested:

But are crackers really shvt food? Its not great food, but I thought shvt food is more like french fries, soda pop, oreo cookies, poutine, cheesecake, as opposed to crackers and biscuits (ie especially where Arrowroot flour is low glycemic). You can also have high-quality Keto foods that have no sugar in the ingredients and promote healthy fats, but then has like 100g of fat/saturated fat if it's a dessert (ie like a Keto-cheesecake or Keto-cupcake). They are expensive too and even diebetics can eat them! But even if you are healthy morbidly obese, (ie you have fat, but no indicators of chronic disease and everything else is 100% totally healthy), you can't argue that 40% + of healthy fat is good even if there is no shvt food.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bf still < 40%. Still borderline.

Went to the health food store and saw this cherry bomb donut and asked this ethnic hb8 girl for the donut. She replied that she had thought about eating it herself, but it's full of calories and fat so, as tempted as she is in eating it, she would pass on it. To this I replied, you are right, it's an interesting donut though. We talked for a bit about the nice donuts and then I walked off. Was too ashamed to ask this hb8 to take the donut out of the shelf and give it to me as I wanted her instead of the cherry bomb donut, but did not know how to articulate that in a non-creepy way, so I just left without her number or the donut.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
“Whens your break? Let’s split it over some coffee!”

Went to the health food store and saw this cherry bomb donut and asked this ethnic hb8 girl for the donut. She replied that she had thought about eating it herself, but it's full of calories and fat so, as tempted as she is in eating it, she would pass on it. To this I replied, you are right, it's an interesting donut though. We talked for a bit about the nice donuts and then I walked off. Was too ashamed to ask this hb8 to take the donut out of the shelf and give it to me as I wanted her instead of the cherry bomb donut, but did not know how to articulate that in a non-creepy way, so I just left without her number or the donut.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thats the goal, to get the donuts from the hb8's of this world.

Don't expect too much in the beginning, but stay consistent. First 4 weeks is the withdrawal phase. You may cheat every now and then, but be angry at yourself. Emotional eating is a perpetual negative loop, similar to any other negative addiction. It feels good fro a moment, shyte for much longer.

Be religious with exercising, even if it's just a little bit. Train and tell your mind and body that it's about time for a new ,fresh you. Work hard now and the summer might be yours. You got this. Keep reporting how it goes and dont be ashamed if you fail anywhere.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
But are crackers really shvt food? Its not great food, but I thought shvt food is more like french fries, soda pop, oreo cookies, poutine, cheesecake, as opposed to crackers and biscuits (ie especially where Arrowroot flour is low glycemic). You can also have high-quality Keto foods that have no sugar in the ingredients and promote healthy fats, but then has like 100g of fat/saturated fat if it's a dessert (ie like a Keto-cheesecake or Keto-cupcake). They are expensive too and even diebetics can eat them! But even if you are healthy morbidly obese, (ie you have fat, but no indicators of chronic disease and everything else is 100% totally healthy), you can't argue that 40% + of healthy fat is good even if there is no shvt food.
Anything in a box is probably sh!t food.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats the goal, to get the donuts from the hb8's of this world.

Don't expect too much in the beginning, but stay consistent. First 4 weeks is the withdrawal phase. You may cheat every now and then, but be angry at yourself. Emotional eating is a perpetual negative loop, similar to any other negative addiction. It feels good fro a moment, shyte for much longer.

Be religious with exercising, even if it's just a little bit. Train and tell your mind and body that it's about time for a new ,fresh you. Work hard now and the summer might be yours. You got this. Keep reporting how it goes and dont be ashamed if you fail anywhere.
You do feel terrible if you cheat. I cant buy bad food if there is a lady cashier anymore, too ashamed to do so.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 40% bf it's hilarious that one would shun the idea of banging a fatty to end a very long dry spell. All the while complaining that women's standards are too high.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@corrector any update?

Are you staying away from sugar and processed food and keeping active?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@corrector any update?

Are you staying away from sugar and processed food and keeping active?
I am staying away from sugar and processed foods and keeping active. (I did visit the Gym twice last week). There looks like there is one small diet breach in terms of eating half of a chocolate crossaunt (sp?) that my dad buys behind everybody's back (and he eats half himself and leaves the other half for me, etc..). I just spoke with him this morning not to do this again and explained that my weight is too stubborn to play games like that. Only other questionable thing is some waffles and maple syrup. May try to eliminate this from the breakfast altogether.

As it stands, the bf went up to 40.6% (it was 40% a couple of days ago), and don't have a clear explanation for the uptick of weight. I'll take another measurement again Wednesday next week. (if it is still above 40% by next Wednesday then I'll start looking into this medically again and set up a doctor's appointment - when I had intended to update this thread.....was sort of hoping it would be under 40% or keep it there before another update!).

It's hard to wrap my head around how small foods (ie lets say if you took a tablespoon of Maple Syrup, or half a small croussaunt (sp?) can equate to an extra pound or two of weight, when the item itself is not even a few gram of comparable weight, but I guess it's just the way it is.

The only saving grace for this health wise is that there has been no issue with the blood pressure, and on the last official doctor visit, no issues otherwise with my health apart from the obesity. However, it's still not a good precedent at 46 years old to be this obese as these issues tend to crop up in the 50s (ie from my experience as a life insurance agent talking to the public) and what steps I am taking here is obviously setting up my health outcomes in my 50s and 60s.