Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Can you do anything to prevent baldness when you notice your hairline receding?

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By that I mean a certain diet and possibly exercise program.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
First 2 natural ideas that come to my mind are; Red Light therapy and every time you wash your hair, scrub your scalp like you're trying to wash peanutbutter out, really stimulate those follicles.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Keep whatya got healthy and growing.
Take biotin (B7) vitamins if you’re not eating enough eggs, milk, bananas…

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe... I started losing my hair in 2000 and ever since I've been eating cleaner it has really slowed down. But then again my hairline looks just like my dad's, and I look just like him. He's now in his 70s and his hair looks the same as it has for the past 20 years.

Genes are pretty much everything when it comes to hair loss. Look at the men in your family and those are your options.

Rogaine does work, but you have to use it continuously once you start and it's not cheap.

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep whatya got healthy and growing.
Take biotin (B7) vitamins if you’re not eating enough eggs, milk, bananas…
How much might alcohol consumption play into this?

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe... I started losing my hair in 2000 and ever since I've been eating cleaner it has really slowed down. But then again my hairline looks just like my dad's, and I look just like him. He's now in his 70s and his hair looks the same as it has for the past 20 years.

Genes are pretty much everything when it comes to hair loss. Look at the men in your family and those are your options.

Rogaine does work, but you have to use it continuously once you start and it's not cheap.
Is your hairline M shaped/widows peak? How deep is it?

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep your hormones in check, have a healthy diet and that's it. Saw palmetto and all those other holistic approaches won't stop a genetic deficiency. Your only real option in fighting hairloss is finasteride.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Keep your hormones in check, have a healthy diet and that's it. Saw palmetto and all those other holistic approaches won't stop a genetic deficiency. Your only real option in fighting hairloss is finasteride.
I like dutasteride and believe it works better. Hair loss is mainly inherited from your maternal grandfather’s dna, if he’s bald, you eventually will be also.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like dutasteride and believe it works better. Hair loss is usually inherited from the maternal grandfather’s genes, if he’s bald, you will eventually be also.
Yeah that as well

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is your hairline M shaped/widows peak? How deep is it?
Yes. maybe 2 1/2 inches. My dad is the same. All in all I drew the short

...every time you wash your hair, scrub your scalp like you're trying to wash peanutbutter out, really stimulate those follicles.
This is a myth.

I've also heard the one that you shouldn't wear a hat because it causes your hair to fall out.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. maybe 2 1/2 inches. My dad is the same. All in all I drew the short

This is a myth.

I've also heard the one that you shouldn't wear a hat because it causes your hair to fall out.
Good to know. Anecdotally it was effective.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The day comes closer you'll have to OWN that bald scalp of yours. Nothing is worse than a man with a receding hairline trying to deny it.

Work out. Being bald and being overweight won't attract women. Being bald while being ripped on the other hand...some inspirational pictures;

images (11).jpegimages (9).jpegimages (10).jpeg

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.

Derek from More Plates More Dates has covered this extensively. You can selectively block BDNF and androgen receptors in your hair follicles, you can stimulate hair growth, and many other things (I don't know the details since I haven't needed to do anything yet). He was balding himself and had a whole routine going to restore his hairline.

At some point though, with certain genetics there is nothing you can do except transplants. But, transplants have come a long way in the past 30 years or so, they're pretty damn good now.

Last edited:

Epicwinguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I shave it all clean just yet though? I still have hair up top.

IMG_20230119_143112620.jpg
IMG_20230120_093348455.jpg

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like diffuse thinning brother. Probably best to shave it off and grow the beard.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The day comes closer you'll have to OWN that bald scalp of yours. Nothing is worse than a man with a receding hairline trying to deny it.

Work out. Being bald and being overweight won't attract women. Being bald while being ripped on the other hand...some inspirational pictures;

View attachment 9554View attachment 9556View attachment 9555
All those men have varying degrees of African ancestry. It's well-known that black men have it easier pulling off the bald look.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Should I shave it all clean just yet though? I still have hair up top.
It’s your head, do what you want that keeps you feeling good about yourself. Life lets you know when a change is needed.