Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Testosterone at 527

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Don’t forget prolactin levels…

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just had mine tested. 453. I don’t know what to compare it to. If I test this every year does it fluctuate up and down or is it a linear progression/regression over time?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just had mine tested. 453. I don’t know what to compare it to. If I test this every year does it fluctuate up and down or is it a linear progression/regression over time?
It fluctuates based on the time of day, it could move down as you get older. I highly doubt it will move up since you are healthy, and conscientious about your diet and fitness . It could remain linear until your late 50s... Though I'd consider sub 500 starting to get on the lower side... If I went down to 375-400, I'd consider TRT...

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
It can fluctuate wildly - that’s total t, what’s your ft and shbg? What’s your diet like? Do you carry fat? Your levels are normal at your age. Of course some people are higher and lower but you’re in range.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It can fluctuate wildly - that’s total t, what’s your ft and shbg? What’s your diet like? Do you carry fat? Your levels are normal at your age. Of course some people are higher and lower but you’re in range.
FT and SHBG?

I don’t carry much fat. Probably 10-15% my abs are always visible. My fasting glucose and triglycerides are normal/low (89 and 61). My diet is very clean no sugar or refined carbs, no fried foods. Recently I dropped red meat and eggs at the urging of my doctor. My main protein sources are fish at this point. My cholesterol has been steadily trending upward year over year Doc wants me to consider a statin. I am concerned that cutting out things like meat, dairy, and eggs forever will nuke my testosterone.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's OK. I had mine tested recently and to my surprise is was fairly high (just shy of 700 I believe)
I was CERTAIN that mine would be super low (look young for my age, can't grow a beard, not much body hair, don't seem to put on muscle easily etc)

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Free testosterone and sex hormone binding globulin - things normally checked when you do hormone panels, the other thing is e2 - estradiol.
Sounds like your diet is on definite track.
FT and SHBG?

I don’t carry much fat. Probably 10-15% my abs are always visible. My fasting glucose and triglycerides are normal/low (89 and 61). My diet is very clean no sugar or refined carbs, no fried foods. Recently I dropped red meat and eggs at the urging of my doctor. My main protein sources are fish at this point. My cholesterol has been steadily trending upward year over year Doc wants me to consider a statin. I am concerned that cutting out things like meat, dairy, and eggs forever will nuke my testosterone.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Free testosterone and sex hormone binding globulin - things normally checked when you do hormone panels, the other thing is e2 - estradiol.
Sounds like your diet is on definite track.
Thank you guys for this conversation. I’ve never had my test checked and had to request my doc just to include it. This thread made me ask. Unfortunately I don’t have any baseline history to compare it to. I follow trends when looking at labs.

If my test has dropped from 900 to 453 in 10 years I probably have a problem where as a 500 to 453 drop in the same time frame not as much. Shame our doctors don’t automatically check like they should.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Well you were 23 bro. Are youthfull level of testosterone is what makes you feel great, it varies for everyone.

For some folks 100mg of T a week on a long Esther is enough to put them in the 900’s. I watch my levels like a hawk, and my urologist is keen to get me on given my age, but I’m going to wait to drop below 600 to do anything about it.

Thank you guys for this conversation. I’ve never had my test checked and had to request my doc just to include it. This thread made me ask. Unfortunately I don’t have any baseline history to compare it to. I follow trends when looking at labs.

If my test has dropped from 900 to 453 in 10 years I probably have a problem where as a 500 to 453 drop in the same time frame not as much. Shame our doctors don’t automatically check like they should.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My good friend (nurse) hooked me up today for free. I let him draw 6 bottles of blood and told him to run everything on me.

Testosterone, SHBG, FAI, Prolactin, Estradiol, Vit D, Clotting, U&E, Liver/Bone profile, Full blood count.

I'm a bit nervous as I've only ever done blood tests for STD/STI's but always wanted my T levels checked since I heard it was a thing. I would guess my T levels are low, I've not taken my health seriously my whole life up until this year (consistent alcohol, tobacco and drug abuse for 15+ years).

I had high blood pressure last December. That's been reduced from a year of cutting smoking, drinking, carbs/sugar and lifting. My blood pressure is 133/73 which I was told is good. Heart rate 85bpm (I want to lower it with more cardio but they said it's not bad).

I took a picture of the screen showing my Blood gas, oximetry, electrolyte and metabolite values, but was told everything looks good. Blood gas values are perfect except my pO2 looks low 2.72 kPa (healthy range is 4.0–5.3 kPa ) (likely due to smoking which I've quit but not sure, I do feel short of oxygen at night). My metabolite values are perfect. Electrolyte values are perfect except low Calcium - Ca2+ @ 1.23 mmol/L (normal range 2.2 - 2.6 mmol/L) - should I worry about that? Oximetry values... I'll decipher later.

I get all my results tomorrow, fingers are crossed for nothing too damaging and hopefully some high T levels (I only really wanted my T levels tested but thought why not get it all done and face any health issues early), I feel the best I've ever felt, personally. Low pO2 and low Calcium is a worry though but nothing I can't fix I'm sure. Now I think about it I completely cut out dairy (except occasional cheese) about 5 years ago and only recently introduced cheese. I probably have low Vit D too.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had high blood pressure last December. That's been reduced from a year of cutting smoking, drinking, carbs/sugar and lifting. My blood pressure is 133/73 which I was told is good.
Nice work getting your blood drawn. It’s something we as men need to take seriously and often don’t. I know some guys in their 30s that haven’t been to the doctor in over 5 years. Kudos to you, this is a good look.

High blood pressure runs in my family. Everyone has it. Black people have a predisposition towards hypertension. Not sure why but we do. 133/73 is actually not a “good” blood pressure. It’s a stage 1 hypertension. Meaning you don’t currently need meds yet but you will eventually if you don’t get that top number (systolic) consistently under 125. <120/80 is the optimal range.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice work getting your blood drawn. It’s something we as men need to take seriously and often don’t. I know some guys in their 30s that haven’t been to the doctor in over 5 years. Kudos to you, this is a good look.

High blood pressure runs in my family. Everyone has it. Black people have a predisposition towards hypertension. Not sure why but we do. 133/73 is actually not a “good” blood pressure. It’s a stage 1 hypertension. Meaning you don’t currently need meds yet but you will eventually if you don’t get that top number (systolic) consistently under 125. <120/80 is the optimal range.
I think men do take it seriously but we have that fear of hearing/seeing things we don't want to hear/see. I was really nervous the whole day, since I gave the blood, I've been so nervous for the results. I think a lot of us have that mental block, I've encouraged my best friend to also get the blood work done.

Ok the nurse that did it is black, with hypertension, so it makes sense he told me it was good when it's not. I just saw 140 is high so I need to get 133 to 120s ASAP. I'm also half black (Jamaican) maybe that plays a part in it? It’s winter here, black (and south Asian/ethnic) people don’t sweat as much in colder climates so the salt builds up. It’s why we are recommended to have less salt than white people. On the plus side we don’t suffer heat/sun stroke like white people in hotter climates. It’s mainly a salt/sweat/climate issue.

My body still needs to feel the effects of cutting smoking/alcohol and I do drink about 500-600mg of caffeine a day which might be a problem? I also have been working from home for 2.5 years with very little cardio. I will start walking more. Running/jogging will burn muscle while I’m on keto.

I'm going back in 3-4 months to see if I can get everything in better ranges/values.

EDIT: I just spoke to the nurse he said going over by 3 on the systolic is ok considering I was very worked up while doing the blood pressure test (they drew blood first, stupidly). So going over by 3 is OK in this instance as my diastolic range is fine and I did the test while shaken up (yeah I'm a pvssy).

He said when he put the probe on my finger that calculates my oxygen levels and that's more accurate than a VBG test and my levels were fine.

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve not done steroids or test but I would like a massive shot as I like the idea of being 18 again. The only issue is, I have a mad temper. Twice in my life I could have killer someone in a rage. I’m not aggressive but I have a switch which flicks and twice I almost killed someone, thankfully I didn’t and avoided jail.

if I was amped up on test I would be afraid of what could happen.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve not done steroids or test but I would like a massive shot as I like the idea of being 18 again. The only issue is, I have a mad temper. Twice in my life I could have killer someone in a rage. I’m not aggressive but I have a switch which flicks and twice I almost killed someone, thankfully I didn’t and avoided jail.

if I was amped up on test I would be afraid of what could happen.
Test is not related to anger or violence but to dominance and success.

Roided people tend to be violent only cause people pisses them off or stand on their way to their goal.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Test is not related to anger or violence but to dominance and success.

Roided people tend to be violent only cause people pisses them off or stand on their way to their goal.
This is the issue. I do have an angry and violent streak, you gotta know yourself.

If I started pinning test I would genuinely be worried.

when I was lifting in my early 30s I read 2 books on AAS and what put me off it:

- Potential for rage. I have heard your argument but in my experience, guys jacked on roids are more aggressive. I got smashed by an MMA fighter when I was 12 - hospitalised, no reason for the “fight”, it’s kind of put me off both roids and MMA. He was clearly jacked on it.

- Cancer risk. I have a lot of years smoking behind me, don’t want to risk It. Plus there seems a muchhigher occurance of young male athletes getting cancer than in general pop. My soccer team have had 3 guys in 10 years get cancer in early 20s and all these guys were big - biggger than natty I would say. As pro athletes they can’t be on gear but I think they were at some point.

- Hair loss

- The post cycle depression. I’ve got an angry streak but also have a depressive one. Not to give the impression I’m a nut job but I do know these things lurk.

- potential for addiction. I know if suddenly I was able to F 5 times a day and had all this energy and power, I would not want 3 months of being weak and low libido. I’d want to stay on.

i thought long and hard about it. Currently I have enough libido to get by and enough energy to do what I need. I’m currently too fat to do a cycle anyway, I read you need to be down at 10_15% otherwise all that far makes gyno likely.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Another thing people don’t talk about with I creased testosterone levels is increased DHT - this not only causes hair loss, it will enlarge your prostrate…no bueno.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the issue. I do have an angry and violent streak, you gotta know yourself.

If I started pinning test I would genuinely be worried.

when I was lifting in my early 30s I read 2 books on AAS and what put me off it:

- Potential for rage. I have heard your argument but in my experience, guys jacked on roids are more aggressive. I got smashed by an MMA fighter when I was 12 - hospitalised, no reason for the “fight”, it’s kind of put me off both roids and MMA. He was clearly jacked on it.

- Cancer risk. I have a lot of years smoking behind me, don’t want to risk It. Plus there seems a muchhigher occurance of young male athletes getting cancer than in general pop. My soccer team have had 3 guys in 10 years get cancer in early 20s and all these guys were big - biggger than natty I would say. As pro athletes they can’t be on gear but I think they were at some point.

- Hair loss

- The post cycle depression. I’ve got an angry streak but also have a depressive one. Not to give the impression I’m a nut job but I do know these things lurk.

- potential for addiction. I know if suddenly I was able to F 5 times a day and had all this energy and power, I would not want 3 months of being weak and low libido. I’d want to stay on.

i thought long and hard about it. Currently I have enough libido to get by and enough energy to do what I need. I’m currently too fat to do a cycle anyway, I read you need to be down at 10_15% otherwise all that far makes gyno likely.
I totally understand what you talk about, those are legit concerns.

Regarding the addiction part for what I know once you get into TRT it's for my life, it's not a roid cycle that has a begining and an ending.

The few exception I heard of are men that want to have kids so they get off temporary but it's not my field of experience so cant tell much.

I spoke with a guy that does TRT by himself (no public healthcare involved, he just buys his stuff on the black market) and he said that he was prone to depression but no longer is now.

Regarding the MMA thing, well I trained MMA for few years and I can say that it's like a magnet for people fcked up in the head, myself included.

Many had anger issues, some were angry at their parents, others got abused, others were professional failures...violence is probably a self medication practice for men unlike women that needs to talk about it.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally understand what you talk about, those are legit concerns.

Regarding the addiction part for what I know once you get into TRT it's for my life, it's not a roid cycle that has a begining and an ending.

The few exception I heard of are men that want to have kids so they get off temporary but it's not my field of experience so cant tell much.

I spoke with a guy that does TRT by himself (no public healthcare involved, he just buys his stuff on the black market) and he said that he was prone to depression but no longer is now.

Regarding the MMA thing, well I trained MMA for few years and I can say that it's like a magnet for people fcked up in the head, myself included.

Many had anger issues, some were angry at their parents, others got abused, others were professional failures...violence is probably a self medication practice for men unlike women that needs to talk about it.
Ive not been involved but that’s the impression I got. The other problem is that I have a rare form of arthritis so I’ve been told to avoid impact sports. Basically my neck is often really stiff, if I caught a right hook really bad I can see it breaking my neck.

I would, however, like the thought that I could defend myself and family if needed. However, in my experience of fights and trouble, it’s often your mind first which gets you out of this, and then when things go down, it’s generally who gets who first. Very rarely is it “3,2,1 fight”. The only time I’ve had to, I sucker punched the guy before he knew it. The other 3 times, I got mugged at knifepoint and I just gave over the cash, I wasn’t going to fight over change in my wallet.

I Am sure there are good guys in MMA but after getting mauled at 12 as I say, I kind of hated the sport. I do like boxing though but I see that as a game of chess, mma just seems like a scrap to the death.

to be fair to the guy who beat me, I met him years later. The guy came up to me when I was 16 (and naturally didn’t have much credibility on the street) and he basically said he was sorry, he was an angry kid, thanked me for not calling cops (I ain’t no snitch) and told me that if I were ever in trouble he would smash them on my behalf and I just need to ask. I never needed to, everyone in the local pubs knew I was on good terms with him and I never had trouble, so there’s a good man in there.