Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think the housing shortage is due to so many bachelor men not living with women?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would prefer not to date a dog chick. If you end up living together (or at least staying over), you’ll get stuck walking it.
Fortunately, you're a Gen X'er and X'ers aren't as pet crazed as Millennials. Most Millennial women have a dog, single or attached.

I am allergic to cats so dating a cat owning woman longer term isn't that feasible. I can date a cat owning woman so long as I never go to her place for more than 15 minutes or so. That's possible in theory but difficult to pull off in practice in the real world.

It's difficult to eliminate women owning either a cat or a dog. There aren't many petless women.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fortunately, you're a Gen X'er and X'ers aren't as pet crazed as Millennials. Most Millennial women have a dog, single or attached.

I am allergic to cats so dating a cat owning woman longer term isn't that feasible. I can date a cat owning woman so long as I never go to her place for more than 15 minutes or so. That's possible in theory but difficult to pull off in practice in the real world.

It's difficult to eliminate women owning either a cat or a dog. There aren't many petless women.
So you're saying it difficult to find a pŭssy without a pŭssy? :p

logicallefty

Reaction score
Things don’t make any sense to me on this issue. You got less people working and more people buying houses. I just don’t get it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things don’t make any sense to me on this issue. You got less people working and more people buying houses. I just don’t get it.
Less people working traditional jobs****. Lot of wealth is being made through internet content, the “gig economy,” only fans, side hustle jobs like Uber, bitcoin investing, shvt like that.

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think we've all seen the housing shortage that is upon us, but it's not like there's been a lot of immigration (the recent surge in asylees notwithstanding) since 2016, and the fertility rate is below replacement level.

This leads me to one conclusion: the housing shortage is due to the explosion of bachelor males and hypergamic chicks having their own places instead of them living together either in legal or common-law marriage (i.e., shacking up).

WHAT!
How did you arrive to such hypothesis?

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it would help to clarify what you mean by housing shortage? I know in my neighborhood, there's already 3 unsold listings that I drive by. 2 have been there for a month or longer now. Another has been there for 2 weeks. Market supply of homes on the market have gone up while demand has almost completely halted. I know many people who aren't moving out of their apartments anymore because these new rent prices continue to increase faster and faster. It doesn't make sense to move out if your rent will increase by 30% when you can stay for significantly less increase and not pay the moving fees.

Wealthy and intelligent people are holding off from buying as they know rates will go up in the forseeable future. It's already been telegraphed by the market and fed.
--

If you're talking about the rental market, I'm guessing most people here don't live in the major blue metro cities where there's mass exodus of people leaving due to crime, politics, taxes, etc. Those city folk are leaving for more rural areas which may be why the rest of America is starting to see their towns/smaller cities being flooded with new people.

If you have a variable rate.......rip.
"Wealthy and intelligent people are holding off from buying as they know rates will go up in the forseeable future. It's already been telegraphed by the market and fed."
Never confuse the news with the truth. They tell you what they want so that you act in their best interest, and not yours. The rates must come one or the houses will b. Lost.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We now have 1% of ALL Albanian males here in the UK via dinghy. They are slowly
releasing the results of our UK census held in 2021, 10 MILLION foreign nationals
living here according to the most recent data. Of course that doesn't count the
undocumented illegals, nor take into account those that simply didn't bother to
fill in the census in the first place. Nor does it take into account the huge number
of people of foreign descent that just happened to be born here. The most popular
name given to babies born in the UK is Mohammed or a differently spelt version of the
same name. These are children born from marriages, bearing in mind that men from that
particular religion can have 4 or 5 wives. Single people are not the issue. Houses are being
built here at a rapid rate, most of them destined to be 'social' housing, subsidised of course
by the taxpayer. We have the highest population density in Europe due to our diminutive
land mass. 40,000 people arrived (that we know of) by boat on the South coast this year alone.
That's a lot of people by UK standards, bear in mind we sent about 64,000 men to the Normandy
landings in WWII to get some scale of the numbers involved here.

It's not just a housing shortage, school places are snapped up at a rate greater than they can be
provided, three week wait to see a Doctor if they'll see you at all, sod all chance of seeing a dentist,
roads gridlocked, social services funding is a bottomless pit. £7m GBP a day spent on hotels for the
new arrivals alone. All bankrolled by the taxpayer, who can barely afford electricity and gas these days
never mind the cost of petrol and diesel. The fact is we are bursting at the seams and still they arrive
in their thousands expecting Treasure island.

Last edited:

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is likely a huge huge supply of housing that boomers and rich ppl are holding onto when living in properties too big for them.

I think when boomers die there will lots of property hitting the market.

Think how many old and retired boomers live in large family properties when its just one old couple and lots of unused rooms. Its all about the difference in generational wealth. Boomers have it all and the younger generation are facing a shortage of housing.

logicallefty

Reaction score
There is likely a huge huge supply of housing that boomers and rich ppl are holding onto when living in properties too big for them.

I think when boomers die there will lots of property hitting the market.

Think how many old and retired boomers live in large family properties when its just one old couple and lots of unused rooms. Its all about the difference in generational wealth. Boomers have it all and the younger generation are facing a shortage of housing.
You hit the nail on the head about the boomers. They were all about public image. To a mentally unhealthy level. They would buy the biggest and fanciest houses, vehicles, etc. that they could afford or not afford (either way) just to look good for everybody else. It was sickening. My aunt would rake her leaves five or six times a day just so her yard look better than her neighbors yard. To me this is mentally deranged behavior. I think When the boomers croak and their estates try to sell their big four and five bedroom houses, they are going to struggle to find Gen X, millennials, etc. to buy them. We don’t want the burden of a big fancy house and we don’t give a fvck what others think of us. We have much bigger stresses to worry about. For housing we want affordable and convenient. I think that speaks for most of us anyway post boomer.

Me personally I don’t even want to own a house at all anymore. My last owned house was really new and I was only the second owner. I thought it should be low maintenance for years to come. Nope. It was eating every drop of savings that I could possibly come up with for repairs. As soon as I started renting my savings started to go up immediately and still is.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head about the boomers. They were all about public image. To a mentally unhealthy level. They would buy the biggest and fanciest houses, vehicles, etc. that they could afford or not afford (either way) just to look good for everybody else. It was sickening.
A cultural commentator has called the later part of the Baby Boomers as the Jones Generation, as the main ethos was to keep up with the Joneses.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We now have 1% of ALL Albanian males here in the UK via dinghy. They are slowly
releasing the results of our UK census held in 2021, 10 MILLION foreign nationals
living here according to the most recent data. Of course that doesn't count the
undocumented illegals, nor take into account those that simply didn't bother to
fill in the census in the first place. Nor does it take into account the huge number
of people of foreign descent that just happened to be born here. The most popular
name given to babies born in the UK is Mohammed or a differently spelt version of the
same name. These are children born from marriages, bearing in mind that men from that
particular religion can have 4 or 5 wives. Single people are not the issue. Houses are being
built here at a rapid rate, most of them destined to be 'social' housing, subsidised of course
by the taxpayer. We have the highest population density in Europe due to our diminutive
land mass. 40,000 people arrived (that we know of) by boat on the South coast this year alone.
That's a lot of people by UK standards, bear in mind we sent about 64,000 men to the Normandy
landings in WWII to get some scale of the numbers involved here.

It's not just a housing shortage, school places are snapped up at a rate greater than they can be
provided, three week wait to see a Doctor if they'll see you at all, sod all chance of seeing a dentist,
roads gridlocked, social services funding is a bottomless pit. £7m GBP a day spent on hotels for the
new arrivals alone. All bankrolled by the taxpayer, who can barely afford electricity and gas these days
never mind the cost of petrol and diesel. The fact is we are bursting at the seams and still they arrive
in their thousands expecting Treasure island.
And did those (immigrant) feet, in modern times, walk upon England's mountains green ...

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head about the boomers. They were all about public image. To a mentally unhealthy level. They would buy the biggest and fanciest houses, vehicles, etc. that they could afford or not afford (either way) just to look good for everybody else. It was sickening. My aunt would rake her leaves five or six times a day just so her yard look better than her neighbors yard. To me this is mentally deranged behavior. I think When the boomers croak and their estates try to sell their big four and five bedroom houses, they are going to struggle to find Gen X, millennials, etc. to buy them. We don’t want the burden of a big fancy house and we don’t give a fvck what others think of us. We have much bigger stresses to worry about. For housing we want affordable and convenient. I think that speaks for most of us anyway post boomer.

Me personally I don’t even want to own a house at all anymore. My last owned house was really new and I was only the second owner. I thought it should be low maintenance for years to come. Nope. It was eating every drop of savings that I could possibly come up with for repairs. As soon as I started renting my savings started to go up immediately and still is.
What will you do when you want to retire, yet still have to pay rent? By then your rent could be 4-5 times what it is now. What you are seeing is only the short term picture. I just sold a house I lived in for 17yrs and tripled my money. Walked away with $300k cash minus the $20k I had left on the loan. You factor in my expenses and loan interest and I still came out miles ahead of renting. The rent always goes up. A mortgage will only go up slightly because of taxes.

logicallefty

Reaction score
What will you do when you want to retire, yet still have to pay rent? By then your rent could be 4-5 times what it is now. What you are seeing is only the short term picture. I just sold a house I lived in for 17yrs and tripled my money. Walked away with $300k cash minus the $20k I had left on the loan. You factor in my expenses and loan interest and I still came out miles ahead of renting. The rent always goes up. A mortgage will only go up slightly because of taxes.
I live in Illinois. People are leaving this state in masses. It just took me two years to sell a 250k house that was only 14 years old and in decent shape (because of all the crap I had to do to maintain it). There won't be anyone left here to buy houses people want to sell in about 5-10 years. Whoever is here with a house will be STUCK. Everyone is leaving because of the high taxes, crappy weather, and bad politics. If you want to see Illinois in the not so distant future, look at the City of Detroit. We are headed there. Also, we just lost another fortune 50 company, Caterpillar, who moved it's HQ to Texas. When the big boys are doing it, you can't ignore it.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I live in Illinois. People are leaving this state in masses. It just took me two years to sell a 250k house that was only 14 years old and in decent shape (because of all the crap I had to do to maintain it). There won't be anyone left here to buy houses people want to sell in about 5-10 years. Whoever is here with a house will be STUCK. Everyone is leaving because of the high taxes, crappy weather, and bad politics. If you want to see Illinois in the not so distant future, look at the City of Detroit. We are headed there. Also, we just lost another fortune 50 company, Caterpillar, who moved it's HQ to Texas. When the big boys are doing it, you can't ignore it.
Hey, at least you still have Sears.

logicallefty

Reaction score