Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Club / Bar game observations

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One night, one venue isn't an accurate sample size. I've been hitting (almost exclusively) college bars for the past 7 yrs. At some venues I'm literally over a decade older than EVERYONE in the venue.

Given we are both 30 The bouncer kind of looked at us like wtf are you two doing here but after a bit of sweet talking he let us slip in
Can almost promise you that either 1.) this was all in your head or 2.) you felt uncomfortable and your vibe was off--probs some combination of the two. All of my door guys love me--even when I go to college bars on college nights and am noticeably too old to be there. Just "Hey man, how's your night going," fluff, after a few times start dapping them up. Just act like you belong. This ties back into how the girls will receive you as well.

Some of these guys were moping up some poon but a lot of them were either getting blown out or rejected
It's funny, everyone talks sh1t about Gen Z dudes but tbh they're noticeably more confident than most older guys or most college kids from even like 5 or 6 yrs ago. But a lot of them also leave a lot of sh1t on the table and have no idea how to handle things if you roll into their sh1t. But I meet way more solid guys now than I did back in the day.

Young chicks nowadays seem to form very tight nit circles in clubs and unless you know one of them formally you aren't getting anywhere near them
These are usually freshmen & sophomores (1st or 2nd yr). And usually early in the night. Later in the night they usually break off--usually in 2s if they're tryna get some action. You can try gaming them in their spartan circles, but higher % of getting c0ckblocked and usually better to wait things out (you probably left hella early). At the literal bar or near the bathrooms is another good spot to camp. Also look for girls who take a step back from the circle, room scan, or are disengaged/bored with the convo. Look for windows, not walls.

When i was 20 this wasn't a thing , there would be ripe pickings in 1's and 2's all over the dance floor and girls would be very open to flirting / grinding /dancing with pretty much anyone who was up for it
This is accurate. I highly advise against tryna grind or get too touchy feely. Under the radar works way better. Remember, you're an outsider. She's in front of all her classmates and dudes she's crushing on and whatever else.

one gave me a stinking look because i smiled at her :rofl:
Dirty looks are an IOI--kind of a preemptive sh1t test. I use them to open--never had it fail. Girls who don't want you to talk to them will actively avoid looking at you at all.

But next thing one of the other warriors starts screaming in my face waving her finger saying i had just sexually assaulted her freind
You either have absolutely terrible luck or your vibe was super off. This literally never happens. And people only test you when they think you're gonna fail it.

Most of the other blokes just seemed to be doing their own thing with very little interest in the females and after an hour i can sort of understand why
This is a wild azz assumption lol. You talked to ONE girl. I've met so many dope girls over the years--girls with interests and ambitions and insights. You can't reduce people to your assumptions about them without ever having effectively engaged them.

Anyway does anyone know when young chicks started becoming ridiculously hostile towards anyone outside of their circle ?
Not true at all. Obv at a college bar, girls are highly, highly sensitive to what their friends think and maintaining their value within the group. But girls are only hostile to guys who have a fvcked up vibe. Unless they're fat--in which case you might get some hostility for no good reason. But I ate so much sh1t my first year--were those girls ridiculously hostile or was I just conveying low value subcomms and being socially uncalibrated? Most of those girls who blew me out initially, if I could go back in time and meet them the way I am today, would probably be hella sweet. Most girls are.

I'm not sure if it's social media that has provided these girls with a certain level of prestige but fvck me i was dying to bring a couple back to earth
Only noticeable effect of SM is when it comes to text responses. You get lost in the shuffle. In person, girls are still girls. Even influencers, verified accounts, etc. I meet these types fairly often. It doesn't matter. And the fact that you think you "need to bring [them] back down to earth" is such an epically fvcked mentality. Think about it. You're 30 stressing about the perceptions of 20 y/o girls? Which you're PROJECTING anyway lol.

Has anyone else noticed this fvckery going on out in field or did i just choose a bad night ?
Not in any city I've been in in the US. Doubt it's that different elsewhere. Will say that dedicated college bars are tough AF to pull. Because like I said, their entire social value is collected in one place and their friends wanna make sure they get home safe. A lot of the time the better play is to # close and seed hard for afterwards so that they can lobby your cause to their friends in private without being too obvious. Tho if you're chill and completely relaxed it's often possible to win over the friend group and do your thing from there. You also have to think of yourself as a guest in someone else's house--not in a way to where you're self-conscious or uncomfortable (which I think you were, judging by how other people responded to you) but in a way where you're respectful to the fact that you're an outsider and it's up to you to learn to navigate their ecosystem in a way that doesn't threaten it.

Last edited:

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One night, one venue isn't an accurate sample size. I've been hitting (almost exclusively) college bars for the past 7 yrs. At some venues I'm literally over a decade older than EVERYONE in the venue.

Can almost promise you that either 1.) this was all in your head or 2.) you felt uncomfortable and your vibe was off--probs some combination of the two. All of my door guys love me--even when I go to college bars on college nights and am noticeably too old to be there. Just "Hey man, how's your night going," fluff, after a few times start dapping them up. Just act like you belong. This ties back into how the girls will receive you as well.

Not in any city I've been in in the US. Doubt it's that different elsewhere. Will say that dedicated college bars are tough AF to pull. Because like I said, their entire social value is collected in one place and their friends wanna make sure they get home safe. A lot of the time the better play is to # close and seed hard for afterwards so that they can lobby your cause to their friends in private without being too obvious. Tho if you're chill and completely relaxed it's often possible to win over the friend group and do your thing from there. You also have to think of yourself as a guest in someone else's house--not in a way to where you're self-conscious or uncomfortable (which I think you were, judging by how other people responded to you) but in a way where you're respectful to the fact that you're an outsider and it's up to you to learn to navigate their ecosystem in a way that doesn't threaten it.
I'm sorry to break it to you bro but women and nightlife is taking up too much of your existence

Honestly it has changed massively in 10 years trust me i have been around the block

social norms have changed , attitudes have changes and game has changed everything is so dependent on status now that is because of social media platforms

At 30 i have absolutely zero interest in chasing and competing for low quality women around clubs in the hope of a crumb of pu$$Y

Like i said i did the majority of my sh@gging 10 years ago and i am glad about it

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry to break it to you bro but women and nightlife is taking up too much of your existence

Honestly it has changed massively in 10 years trust me i have been around the block

social norms have changed , attitudes have changes and game has changed everything is so dependent on status now that is because of social media platforms

At 30 i have absolutely zero interest in chasing and competing for low quality women around clubs in the hope of a crumb of pu$$Y

Like i said i did the majority of my sh@gging 10 years ago and i am glad about it
^^^lol can't imagine you're not a hit at the college bars.

You're literally making all these claims about a game you're not even participating in and about participants you're not even interacting with.

As someone who participates in the game I'm telling it like it is.

Take it for what it is. It's nothing personal.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, UK vs US.
cold approaching is a thing in any culture

think about how your parents met . Maybe they met through cold approach or just met througH mutual friends ( that cold approached to link the groups )

cold approach is maybe the only way to expand and diversity your social presence

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's been my experience over the years with it. Even if you go to a quieter place, it's still not that easy to pull from it.

The biggest change I've seen in nightlife since I turned 21 is flakiness. In the mid-2000s, if you got a phone number in a bar later at night (I want to exclude Happy Hours from this analysis), there was a decent chance you'd actually get a woman to show up on a first date. In the 2010s-present, that has diminished. Roosh mentioned this in the book "Game" (published in 2018) @nicksaiz65 . In bars 2010s-present, you might push for the same night lay harder than you had to push in 2000s and only accept the phone number/1st date if she won't agree to the same night lay.

This was also a good, mainly nightlife focused, analysis of changes in game in the 2000s/2010s.
Roosh is right on the money. You need to get that same night lay, or the flaking is nearly inevitable.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Typical bar in London is like this, an absolute sausage fest.
I'm not a UK'er, but I'm curious: If the bars [and presumably other nightlife environments?] are a sausage fest, then where do London'ish women most often hang out at during the hours conventionally associated with nightlife?

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not a UK'er, but I'm curious: If the bars [and presumably other nightlife environments?] are a sausage fest, then where do London'ish women most often hang out at during the hours conventionally associated with nightlife?
In Sydney, Australia it is significantly worse. I've seen clubs that are 96% men, they literally have to beg women to come in for free.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where the high status guys are usually in private / member only parties ,

Most IT girls don't want to be hanging out with "losers" because it doesn't make for aesthetic insta content

I have done pick up during the London nightlife and i have had some success but the girls have been VERY low quality

As i keep saying things have changed a lot , everyone is hyper image conscious so being "seen" or these days " tagged" with the wrong crowd is like social suicide

In Sydney, Australia it is significantly worse. I've seen clubs that are 96% men, they literally have to beg women to come in for free.
This happens at a lot of events in major citys , promoters know to get men in they need women there..... attractive women

( i know of a club in Birmingham that actively turns any woman under a certain criteria away)

To get men to spend decent money in a club there has to be that illusion they are a somebody

In the UK this culture is bred in the big cities , you will have groups of local blokes who chip together to get a table and some bottles most of them work Benial jobs like bricklayers / retail or admin but for one Saturday night only they feel a bit like a somebody

This is how the clubs get people to drop £150 on a £20 bottle of vodka

Kind of cringe but there we are that's the world we live in

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In general, bars tend to have too many sausages. Sports participation in nearly every sport is too sausage-y, even in so-called female friendly sports. Look at tennis. Tennis is supposed to be one of the most female friendly sports. As a tennis player, I see way more male players than female players. I've played at both public courts and private courts. Some private clubs have better ratios of tennis players, but most of those women are outside the ideal target demographic. Most are 40s/50s and married, though there are some divorced single moms in there.

I've been riding a bicycle more lately. I look at the cyclists on the paths that I ride. It's about 8 to 1 male to female.

Fitness classes at gyms and class-based studios have better ratios but even pickup in those venues is a bit of a challenge. Even with good ratios and no earbud problem, the challenge often often times boils down to 2 factors there....

1. Not many women are sociable before or after classes.
2. A good portion of the women in classes won't be women you'll want to approach.

London is awful for cold approaching, it's not in our culture at all.
That's not true. What about those PUAs like Tusk, Krauser, and Torero (RIP) who either currently run around/or have run around the streets of London cold approaching? Yes, street game and bar game are slightly different, but both are approaching strangers.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Online dating + anxiety disorders + egomania

They aren't in the bars to meet anyone. They're in the bars for a little attention but mostly an excuse to dress up and drink.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where the high status guys are usually in private / member only parties ,

Most IT girls don't want to be hanging out with "losers" because it doesn't make for aesthetic insta content

I have done pick up during the London nightlife and i have had some success but the girls have been VERY low quality

As i keep saying things have changed a lot , everyone is hyper image conscious so being "seen" or these days " tagged" with the wrong crowd is like social suicide

This happens at a lot of events in major citys , promoters know to get men in they need women there..... attractive women

( i know of a club in Birmingham that actively turns any woman under a certain criteria away)

To get men to spend decent money in a club there has to be that illusion they are a somebody

In the UK this culture is bred in the big cities , you will have groups of local blokes who chip together to get a table and some bottles most of them work Benial jobs like bricklayers / retail or admin but for one Saturday night only they feel a bit like a somebody

This is how the clubs get people to drop £150 on a £20 bottle of vodka

Kind of cringe but there we are that's the world we live in
like @Velasco and I pointed out in our previous posts , you just go to the wrong places

finding a good spot for nightlife is difficult but not impossible

also , girls in the UK are maybe the easiest to lay because you have a lot of expats from all the world ( especially in London ) + English girls are known to be promiscuous and like to party

quality might be a problem yes , especially if you want consistency of at least above average

If you want consistency , the only way forward is to go to the high end clubs ( real high end , not fake high end ) . In London you have a couple of them for sure

might take a while till you become a regular and cost a decent amount of money to put your style in order … but on the medium term it is worth it . It is not crazy expensive after the initial investment ( getting a great style - this also can help you in the day game too )

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say 6-7 years ago.

Online dating + anxiety disorders + egomania

They aren't in the bars to meet anyone. They're in the bars for a little attention but mostly an excuse to dress up and drink.
you will never meet normal girls in bars after a certain age

normal girls do not spend their free time in bars where guys get drunk and hit on them

most girls actually do not really go out that much during the night at all . And when they do they go to celebrate a birthday or something , so they will be with their friends most of the time

that is why the first impression that you make is very important . You have to give them a good reason on why they should talk with you instead of doing whatever they came there to do

VirtuousD

Don Juan
Reaction score
In general, bars tend to have too many sausages. Sports participation in nearly every sport is too sausage-y, even in so-called female friendly sports. Look at tennis. Tennis is supposed to be one of the most female friendly sports. As a tennis player, I see way more male players than female players. I've played at both public courts and private courts. Some private clubs have better ratios of tennis players, but most of those women are outside the ideal target demographic. Most are 40s/50s and married, though there are some divorced single moms in there.

I've been riding a bicycle more lately. I look at the cyclists on the paths that I ride. It's about 8 to 1 male to female.

Fitness classes at gyms and class-based studios have better ratios but even pickup in those venues is a bit of a challenge. Even with good ratios and no earbud problem, the challenge often often times boils down to 2 factors there....

1. Not many women are sociable before or after classes.
2. A good portion of the women in classes won't be women you'll want to approach.

That's not true. What about those PUAs like Tusk, Krauser, and Torero (RIP) who either currently run around/or have run around the streets of London cold approaching? Yes, street game and bar game are slightly different, but both are approaching strangers.
Lol have you not watched their stuff properly aside from the snippets of them approaching? I specifically recall Troy saying how nightlife is terrible in london, why do you think they are always travelling? They are struggling in their native.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's been my experience over the years with it. Even if you go to a quieter place, it's still not that easy to pull from it.

The biggest change I've seen in nightlife since I turned 21 is flakiness. In the mid-2000s, if you got a phone number in a bar later at night (I want to exclude Happy Hours from this analysis), there was a decent chance you'd actually get a woman to show up on a first date. In the 2010s-present, that has diminished. Roosh mentioned this in the book "Game" (published in 2018) @nicksaiz65 . In bars 2010s-present, you might push for the same night lay harder than you had to push in 2000s and only accept the phone number/1st date if she won't agree to the same night lay.

This was also a good, mainly nightlife focused, analysis of changes in game in the 2000s/2010s.
The latest that works from my experience the same night you got the number. After that, she's changed her mind/ new day for her.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
like @Velasco and I pointed out in our previous posts , you just go to the wrong places

finding a good spot for nightlife is difficult but not impossible

also , girls in the UK are maybe the easiest to lay because you have a lot of expats from all the world ( especially in London ) + English girls are known to be promiscuous and like to party

quality might be a problem yes , especially if you want consistency of at least above average

If you want consistency , the only way forward is to go to the high end clubs ( real high end , not fake high end ) . In London you have a couple of them for sure

might take a while till you become a regular and cost a decent amount of money to put your style in order … but on the medium term it is worth it . It is not crazy expensive after the initial investment ( getting a great style - this also can help you in the day game too )
I don't go to any places anymore mate , as i also pointed out i don't enjoy club environments anymore

I did it for nearly 10 years solid , i was good at it really good at it but i lost my drive for getting wasted and now i prefer early nights and getting plenty of beauty sleep

My observations were from a random one off i appreciate you can't really take much from that but i'm just reporting what happened

Maybe it was just a poor environment i don't know it certainly FELT to me like there had been some pretty serious changes in social etiquette

BDDazza

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been telling men to avoid the club for years, the quality of the women is often low and the chances of you getting laid is very small. More importantly, rather than stacking your money you're throwing it away on a pointless activity.

Young chicks nowadays seem to form very tight nit circles in clubs and unless you know one of them formally you aren't getting anywhere near them
last night i was seeing groups of 4 , 6 and 8 they were banded together like spartan warriors and most of them had hell of an attitude on them , one gave me a stinking look because i smiled at her. At one point i was having a little dance minding my own business a group of the spartans stormed past and i think one of them brushed her ass on my hand i in the process i don't think either of us really noticed.....But next thing one of the other warriors starts screaming in my face waving her finger saying i had just sexually assaulted her freind
In this video I explain that women who frequent the club with a group of friends are protected, her friends will **** block your advances sometimes out of jealousy thus ruining your chances of you progressing.

Anyway does anyone know when young chicks started becoming ridiculously hostile towards anyone outside of their circle?
After a while women get tried of being approached by men, invading their space, trying to grind on them without permission, asking to buy them drinks under the false pretences. When women are together they feel brave enough to fend men off!

But from a man's perspective, its frustrating that women are going to club wearing revealing clothes yet are surprised when men behave like men.

To me this is something thats come about in the last 5 years or so
We are probably around the same age, in London and other parts of the UK there was always hostility around men approaching women.

View attachment 8956

Typical bar in London is like this, an absolute sausage fest.
Actually this isn't a typical bar in London.

This is probably somewhere in zone one, its actually pubs with outdoor seating. This is different from a bar which is primarily indoors and fancier. In pubs everyone dresses casual and there is usually no music, in a proper bar the women wear sexier clothes, men dress smart, the drinks are more exotic and overpriced, and there is a touch of light background music.

Last edited:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I went to Liverpool there were tons of women at every bar and club.

Although in Greece, there were only women in clubs, bars were all men.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think to summarise this

Everyman needs to go through his right of passage in the club in his early 20's its great fun and if you have anything about you , you will get some sloppy lays

However For a man in his 30's its an extremely toxic environment that isn't conducive to success with women , your health or success

This illusion that a guy in his 30's can be out in a club every weekend picking up high quality women is absolute delusion