Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why the Gym will make you more of an Incel than a player

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the first piece of advice you receive on getting laid is to hit the gym. At glance, this sounds reasonable because muscles mean healthy and strong, but this is one of the worst things you can do to get women. Now, if you are a fat Pilsbury dough boy looking mofo then yes go to the gym, but if you are relatively skinny then you might want to pump the breaks a bit. You are much better off pursuing a hobby/lifestyle rather than going to Gold's Gym 3-4 hours a day. There's a reason the largest incel community was MISC on bodybuilding forums.com before it got shutdown. Now, if you love the gym then continue going to the gym. My only stance is that going to the gym for the sole purpose of attracting more women is completely stupid.

1). Women do not give two fvcks about how much you can bench press or your muscles. The only thing that turns a woman on is your abs, not your biceps. Notice all of the Fitness guys on YouTube don't have attractive girlfriends lol. In addition, the girls that workout on the same level as these guys aren't that attractive either, so I will give them that benefit of the doubt.

2). It eventually turns in to a cope rather than an asset. Get rejected by a girl, I'm going to hit the gym (blast manosphere shvt on your airpods lol). Get dumped by a plate, I'm going to hit the gym. Instead of understanding and learning from your mistakes and setbacks with women, you just go to the gym and repeat the same problems.

3). Not every guy is meant to have big muscles- There's a reason the term manlet exists lol. Maybe you are better off looking lean/skinny and going for the pretty boy look. Women love pretty boys on the same scale of bad boys, so this whole square jaw line masculine muscle head Addonis is a marketing tactic used by the manosphere to reel you in. It's easier for them to sell big muscles to a rock face guy then tell him to become lean up and look like Jeremy Meeks. I get way more girls being 10-12% BF, maintaining a cool haircut, and dressing appropriately vs when I was 18%-22% benching 315 lbs. If you are rock faced and above 6ft then getting big is probably a better path for you.

4). Unrelatable to most women- So your daily routine is to spend 1-2 hours in the gym, eat chicken breast, rice, broccoli, and protein powder every day, and you are an Andrew Tate/Fresh and Fit representative. How the fvck is any woman supposed to emotionally connect with you? You might be able to pull some bimbo looking or a quick fvck or wanting a break from the streets, but you will not be able to keep a normal girl. You are basically male equivalent of a girl that just goes to bars and clubs and parties 4-5 nights a week. Ironically, these are the only type of women y'all seem to go on dates with lol.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
There's a reason the largest incel community was MISC on bodybuilding forums.com before it got shutdown
Gymcels follow the advice of bulking up religiously in hope of becoming more attractive, however their attractiveness is often not improved significantly. A girl isn't even going to see your muscles unless you plan on walking around shirtless everywhere.

These gymcels try to cope with "Lift for yourself bro, not women". Even though zyzz literally started lifting because of chicks

images (20).jpeg

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the first piece of advice you receive on getting laid is to hit the gym. At glance, this sounds reasonable because muscles mean healthy and strong, but this is one of the worst things you can do to get women. Now, if you are a fat Pilsbury dough boy looking mofo then yes go to the gym, but if you are relatively skinny then you might want to pump the breaks a bit. You are much better off pursuing a hobby/lifestyle rather than going to Gold's Gym 3-4 hours a day. There's a reason the largest incel community was MISC on bodybuilding forums.com before it got shutdown. Now, if you love the gym then continue going to the gym. My only stance is that going to the gym for the sole purpose of attracting more women is completely stupid.

1). Women do not give two fvcks about how much you can bench press or your muscles. The only thing that turns a woman on is your abs, not your biceps. Notice all of the Fitness guys on YouTube don't have attractive girlfriends lol. In addition, the girls that workout on the same level as these guys aren't that attractive either, so I will give them that benefit of the doubt.

2). It eventually turns in to a cope rather than an asset. Get rejected by a girl, I'm going to hit the gym (blast manosphere shvt on your airpods lol). Get dumped by a plate, I'm going to hit the gym. Instead of understanding and learning from your mistakes and setbacks with women, you just go to the gym and repeat the same problems.

3). Not every guy is meant to have big muscles- There's a reason the term manlet exists lol. Maybe you are better off looking lean/skinny and going for the pretty boy look. Women love pretty boys on the same scale of bad boys, so this whole square jaw line masculine muscle head Addonis is a marketing tactic used by the manosphere to reel you in. It's easier for them to sell big muscles to a rock face guy then tell him to become lean up and look like Jeremy Meeks. I get way more girls being 10-12% BF, maintaining a cool haircut, and dressing appropriately vs when I was 18%-22% benching 315 lbs. If you are rock faced and above 6ft then getting big is probably a better path for you.

4). Unrelatable to most women- So your daily routine is to spend 1-2 hours in the gym, eat chicken breast, rice, broccoli, and protein powder every day, and you are an Andrew Tate/Fresh and Fit representative. How the fvck is any woman supposed to emotionally connect with you? You might be able to pull some bimbo looking or a quick fvck or wanting a break from the streets, but you will not be able to keep a normal girl. You are basically male equivalent of a girl that just goes to bars and clubs and parties 4-5 nights a week. Ironically, these are the only type of women y'all seem to go on dates with lol.
I somewhat agree. Gym is full of copium dudes. But I gotta say tho, that if you have a good body and it seems effortless, this might obviously works in your favor.

You gotta actually like going to the gym, to relieve stress, break some PR's stay in shape to perform better at work .

No outside factor will determine your success with women. You can drive a Ferrari and still be a beta btch. You can have an 8 pack and still go through a dryspell( I had my worst dryspell during my pro boxing days, because I expected women to fall out of the sky into my lap,lol).

There is actually has something ghey esque about being a gym cell. Extreme insecurity will NOT vanish by just lifting weights.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, but they can certainly help. If you are near-broke, fat, living at home, bald and old, you really think you can be successful with women?
No ofcourse not, but neither does it helps when you maxxx all these things , but yet see dude you described getting p00n left right. I think there are multiple threads active about this topic right now; dudes finding out INTERNAL issues need fixing also.

It helps ,but without the right mindset it will bring you nothing ( I mean NOTHING). Especially if you expect it will attract women like flies to a turd.

Bald and old are impossible to change anyhow. I think,it all boils down to that best version of yourself chase. One man needs to lose some physical weight ,the other man needs to add some mental weight, and some need both.

Reaction score
Mega L Thread and Bs. Just yesterday two girls in their 20s approached me in the night front of the market WAITING FOR ME and opening the door for me telling me how big and sexy I Look. Both gave me their number + More respect from women + they are much more attracted to you in general. You don’t have to smear them in the face that you are a gymbro, be humble about it, give off the i like to exercise vibe nothing more vibe. You look better when you are muscular, you don’t even have to be a player. Muscular guys attract also much more high value women, got also far often approached with a smile by women in the gym. They all were into hook ups, no games nothing.

I’m certainly not lying because when I was skinny, I was invisible for most women and it’s the complete opposite now. I’m the guy they would want to cheat with. Anyone who Denies being muscular doesn’t help is either autistic or was never muscular to begin with to understand the experience (body dysmorphia is also a thing here, skinny guys thinking they are muscular but look like walking bones)

Then why do I see a lot of muscular guys with average to ugly girls?

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your post is a bit negative. I lift,but not to the point where im a steriod abuser,ie,my arms are as thick as the top of someones legs..Im told im attractive,I was a bit of a pretty boy in my younger day and got told often,did ok with the ladies but boy was I puny,and I had more than one attractive woman tell me that I was good looking,but I was so skinny...rightly or wrongly this did get to me so I decided to bulk up a bit and I can tell you absolutely I got more and better women,when I did. My clothes fitted better,my arms wernt like toothpicks...my confidence improved as a result,and lemme tell ya,as I said, I wasnt/am not now massive by any means. Just lean muscular. People do comment,and notice,and its to the positive. So there is a happy balance where you dont wanna look like a guy whose carrying a roll of carpet under each arm,but you still are a decent size,in good shape.Thats where i am and im sure many other SS posters as well. Cant speak for everyone on my own experience of course, but not to mention how it helps in the mental dept,with the discipline,focus and good diet needed...these are only positives and regardless of women,will only help you in life.Its a fact

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The people who live in the gym and aren't influencers/models/actors/athletes, yes they are losers.

It's not appropriate to say it's a waste of time or makes you an incel tho. From what I have seen a lot of incels could use a few months in the gym to fix the pencil arms or stack of dimes for a neck. If they are rotund, then drop the weight so they don't get winded rolling out of bed.

Physique helps, we are talking about raw primal attraction here. It matters a great deal and makes things easier. Of course you still need charm, wit, social intelligence to progress things when an opportunity arises. You have to know how to act and speak so you don't say or do something stupid. Funnily enough when you are very handsome they do excuse your blunders to a degree.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to the gym because I want to keep as fit as possible so I can avoid cardiovascular problems or other such completely preventable diseases. The upside is that if I take my shirt off, I've even heard "oh my god' from women who weren't expecting me to be as fit as they initially thought. Hitting the gym WILL make you more attractive.

I agree that if you do it purely for narcissistic reasons, and it becomes an obsession to the point that you start juicing and talking about it all day, then you're probably going to end up getting less poon than if you spent some of that time actually approaching women. But then again, anyone who can't shut up about their 'thing' is shooting themselves in the foot; like vegans, atheists and crossfitters, to the point that they're memes.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get way more girls being 10-12% BF, maintaining a cool haircut, and dressing appropriately vs when I was 18%-22% benching 315 lbs. If you are rock faced and above 6ft then getting big is probably a better path for you.
OK, and what if you're sub-5'6"? :mad:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gymcels follow the advice of bulking up religiously in hope of becoming more attractive, however their attractiveness is often not improved significantly. A girl isn't even going to see your muscles unless you plan on walking around shirtless everywhere.

These gymcels try to cope with "Lift for yourself bro, not women". Even though zyzz literally started lifting because of chicks

View attachment 8904
Same goes for motorcycles and most sports cars, often you'll just attract attention from heterosexual men.

Your internal mindstate is most important. Many guys alsoo use the gym as a a crutch to build confidence.

That's not to say you shouldn't go but your focus should be on improving physical fitness above all else.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My only stance is that going to the gym for the sole purpose of attracting more women is completely stupid.
Correct.
The only thing that turns a woman on is your abs, not your biceps
I disagree. It's the arms and the V-taper that's attractive and signals to the woman on a primal level that the guy is strong and able to protect her. Regarding abs, if you have a 4pack it's plenty enough.
Then why do I see a lot of muscular guys with average to ugly girls?
That's a very good point. I've observed it myself and also muscular guys with older women. My guess is that beyond a certain point where lifting weights is about strength&health (there was a fitness magazine with that title ;)) being muscular is a marker of insecurity and self esteem issues. It's the equivalent of girls with fake boobs and injected lips. So when you're insecure you might go out with ugly/average girls because it assuages your fear that she might leave you for someone else or that some guy will steal her from you. Also, if one is deeply insecure/has anxiety/depression it makes sense he will go for a girl older than him that will act as a surrogate mommy and take care of him.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The op has to play to extremes, because that's the only place it has any footing. If you gym to stay healthy or even if it's just fun and becomes an obsession, it's one of the healthiest obsessions you can have. The only time you can say the gym is bad is if you reduce to absurdity.

It's like trying to argue that vitamins are bad for you. Yeah sure if you eat the whole bottle in one sitting or freebase your Flintstones, yes that's bad, but people stretch the gammat, with the large majority not lifting for silly or extreme reasons. Most are just hot healthy people.

I've picked up dimes at gyms, I've gotten crazy confidence from my progress in the gym, I catch people miring, it's a great stress blow off, I've met other healthy fit guys full of infectious charisma, I've been inspired by people's workout ethic, I've discovered so much about my will and capacity and ability to overcome and recover. The op just comes off as this massive cope. Working out has so many direct benefits to your health and indirect benefits to your ability to score that it's laughable to try and make a counterargument.

As others have mentioned, you can have a six pack and act like a biitch, which keeps you from getting laid. Attitude and body both matter, but don't conflate the two to try and make an argument against working out. If you have two guys that act the same way, the one with a more built body will on average get laid way more and with hotter women than the one without it. It's a no brainer.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The gym is not the be all end all. But helps a lot. The functional strength ability of being able to fight other men is very valuable when it comes to getting girls. The gym will do nothing for you if our behavior is still ****ed up. But it will compliment the right attitude really well. A guy I know is a a borderline ametuer-pro bpodybuilder and also never gets laid. This guy is using the gym and steroids as a cope. He basically looks jacked as ****, rolls around in a new sports car, and wears fancy clothes. At the same time he is just at home smoking marijuana all day and unemployed. He is very "confident" in social settings until someone calls his act or points out a weakness. He then gets upset and insecure. He is a complete act, and its now common knowledge among everyone that knows him that he is a fake. He also frequently "loses", "fights" by caving in to others without a punch thrown. They simply convince him into being bullied.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The op has to play to extremes, because that's the only place it has any footing. If you gym to stay healthy or even if it's just fun and becomes an obsession, it's one of the healthiest obsessions you can have. The only time you can say the gym is bad is if you reduce to absurdity.

It's like trying to argue that vitamins are bad for you. Yeah sure if you eat the whole bottle in one sitting or freebase your Flintstones, yes that's bad, but people stretch the gammat, with the large majority not lifting for silly or extreme reasons. Most are just hot healthy people.

I've picked up dimes at gyms, I've gotten crazy confidence from my progress in the gym, I catch people miring, it's a great stress blow off, I've met other healthy fit guys full of infectious charisma, I've been inspired by people's workout ethic, I've discovered so much about my will and capacity and ability to overcome and recover. The op just comes off as this massive cope. Working out has so many direct benefits to your health and indirect benefits to your ability to score that it's laughable to try and make a counterargument.

As others have mentioned, you can have a six pack and act like a biitch, which keeps you from getting laid. Attitude and body both matter, but don't conflate the two to try and make an argument against working out. If you have two guys that act the same way, the one with a more built body will on average get laid way more and with hotter women than the one without it. It's a no brainer.
Did you read my Op? I literally said to workout for you if you enjoy it. I never said working out was unhealthy anywhere in my post otherwise I would be a huge hypocrite. All I said was that gymcels use the gym as a cope instead of developing their game, personality, career, and etc. If you are struggling with women, then going to the gym and building muscles will more than likely make your situation worse than make it better.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The very title of this thread is absolutely stupid by the way. Even if you are going to the gym to cope, well, you at least semi patched the insecutrity. The amount of dumb content on "dating" forums is ridiculous.

Reaction score
Then why was the Misc on bodybuilding forums one of the most depressing sites on the internet? You are better off finding a local city run club and meeting girls through that then spending 4 hours a day at planet fitness with your protein IBS farts and gallon of water lol.

A lot of gym muscular guys don’t want to admit that women value skinny tattooed bad boys and pretty boys over muscle meat heads. Muscle bros either date overweight women or butter faces imho?

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Then why was the Misc on bodybuilding forums one of the most depressing sites on the internet? You are better off finding a local city run club and meeting girls through that then spending 4 hours a day at planet fitness with your protein IBS farts and gallon of water lol.

A lot of gym muscular guys don’t want to admit that women value skinny tattooed bad boys and pretty boys over muscle meat heads. Muscle bros either date overweight women or butter faces imho?
Dude. Anyone that uses the internet is more likely to be more socially incompetent. Why not meet the guys at a real gym.