Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My ultimate dream is to move to NYC

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are these simple foods? If you want to be full Dorian, all you need is peanut butter, oatmeal, rice, eggs, milk, protein powder, milk, frozen broccoli, bananas, frozen chicken breasts, frozen ground beef or turkey, and spices and seasonings. This might cost you 100 plus bucks upfront, but upkeep wise probably 70 a week. The key is to find a meal routine that you can keep and rotate.
Yeah, some of the foods you listed. You realize they eat between 6000-8000 calories a day right during off season right?
To keep this on topic, generally most folks you see walking around in NYC don’t actually live in Manhattan. A carton of milk may be $6 at the corner deli in the city but the one at home in their fridge they bought at the local grocery store for $3 like everyone else.

The trade off for being in Manhattan is you don’t need a car to do anything, you can have unlimited chicks come back to your place, and anything you could ever want is outsourced. Laundry and meal services are everywhere. My old coworker put me on to hello fresh when it first became a thing.

This guy bought his condo uptown Manhattan about 20 years ago for $250K. He since built a house out in the burbs & rents it out now. It’s worth 900K today and he’s getting 3K a month in rent.

Reaction score
Yeah, some of the foods you listed. You realize they eat between 6000-8000 calories a day right during off season right?
If you are eating 6k-8k calories a day then you are more than likely getting paid to do that, so money isn't a factor at that point.

The trade off for being in Manhattan is you don’t need a car to do anything, you can have unlimited chicks come back to your place, and anything you could ever want is outsourced. Laundry and meal services are everywhere. My old coworker put me on to hello fresh when it first became a thing.
Is Manhattan only for rich people?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason I just can’t stop having dreams about NYC. My goal is to move there next summer and try to make it in my music career, as well as live the party lifestyle and hang with social elites and models. It just seems like what I want to do in my 20’s. What do you all think? Does that kind of lifestyle get boring after a while?
I am from NYC and lived there my whole life. I don't see why people want to move there, but that is my perspective from an insider, I guess from the outside NYC may seem fun.

It sounds like your mindset revolves around exterior and superficial motivators. But at the same time that is your dream, not mine. Only one way to find out. Move there and live it for yourself. I'm sure you will like it for a while, perhaps you will like it permanently, who knows? It's hard to say, the same way some may like root beer and some don't. I personally hate it and can't see why people think root beer is good but hey drink it bud.

Modern Man Advice

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This part is completely false. People outside of NYC proper do not use the MTA subways. Half the people in Queens drive, along with everyone on Staten Island, Long Island, and Jersey/PA/CT. 90% of the girls walking down the street in Manhattan do not live in Manhattan.
This is not true and it is something you realize once you live in Manhattan itself. Every area of Manhattan is its own community and you end up seeing the same people over and over again at the bars in the given area. Sure, you get transplants and people from the outer boroughs coming but the regulars all end up being the locals to that community. Each neighborhood in Manhattan is flooded with 20-something women who go out to certain spots. It might not be true for Time Square or a tourist heavy area but in a LES or UES? Most women actually tend to live in the area or very much nearby.

This is probably your worst take. People living outside of Manhattan are fully aware of why they aren’t in Manhattan. Most it is a choice. Living near NYC means you can also “rent” it for the day whenever you want. People take their girlfriends to broadway shows, concerts, or on boat cruises. That’s not the appeal for a single guy but it’s just flat out wrong to assume everyone wants to be in Manhattan 24/7. I’ve never heard anyone complain that they wish they lived in Manhattan.
If you bring in an LTR then maybe I see where you are coming from but not exactly. Maybe someone does settle into an LTR and then realizes that the pace of life in a Jersey city is better suited for them compared to a Manhattan. In that situation, I'd argue that they are better off moving to an Atlanta, Kansas City, Dallas, or a city with a slower pace of life in general. These people are paying for the high cost of living and aggressive state taxes all to live an hour away from all of the fun. In that case, why not just move to an Atlanta or a smaller city which is better suited for couples.

This is just your opinion. I’ve banged triple digit girls from all over NYC and I’m pretty far out.
Okay great but the truth is if you lived in Manhattan, you could have banged a lot more than just that and probably better quality too. You could have also done triple digits over the years if you lived in a smaller city with a slower pace of life and saved a lot of money doing it.

My point being, NYC is not worth it unless you live in Manhattan as a single guy. Literally anything else that the outer boroughs offer is barely unique and other states, cities, and parts of the US can offer it for better quality and often at a better price.

Golfing? Go to Florida or somewhere out west, no point in going to Long Island.

Breweries? Go to California, no point in wasting time in NY.

Boat cruises? Go to Florida or somewhere down south.

Family life? Pick a Texas or Florida or any midwestern state, lower cost of living and more bang for your buck.

The outer boroughs and Jersey offer nothing unique to justify paying for life there.

Reaction score
Okay great but the truth is if you lived in Manhattan, you could have banged a lot more than just that and probably better quality too. You could have also done triple digits over the years if you lived in a smaller city with a slower pace of life and saved a lot of money doing it.

My point being, NYC is not worth it unless you live in Manhattan as a single guy. Literally anything else that the outer boroughs offer is barely unique and other states, cities, and parts of the US can offer it for better quality and often at a better price.

Family life? Pick a Texas or Florida or any midwestern state, lower cost of living and more bang for your buck.

The outer boroughs and Jersey offer nothing unique to justify paying for life there.
You are right, there's a reason Florida outpaced NY in population. Other than California, Texas, and Florida, the only state I would consider living in is Washington because it is gorgeous up there with a decent sized city. All of the other states have too many cons not worth dealing with IMHO.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The media also says everybody is leaving California which isn't true. I live in California and trust me, the traffic hasn't gotten any better and all of our houses and apartments are full. NYC is alive as it's ever been.
maybe the loser wagies who have to commute didn't leave

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason I just can’t stop having dreams about NYC. My goal is to move there next summer and try to make it in my music career, as well as live the party lifestyle and hang with social elites and models. It just seems like what I want to do in my 20’s. What do you all think? Does that kind of lifestyle get boring after a while?
NYC just like LA is shiete hole these days from what I heard.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My nephew moved to nyc couple years ago. He loves it, but he can afford a place without roommates.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't NYC kinda dead? The whole social thing changed due to bad policies and the pandemic. The next NYC is elsewhere.
On memorial day weekend this year, I went out for my birthday on the Saturday night.
At midnight the line to the place my brother wanted us to try out was literally around the block.

As long as you are OK to live with roommates in a tiny apartment and eat ramen noodles then sure...

The funniest reactions are the people who live there that go to other places and are shocked that normal houses have lawns and backyards and not just a bunch of concrete...
Living in Manhattan is for rich people, everybody knows that. You can get a place in the (relatively) affordable parts of the city.

Yeah for 5 times as much as other places.
NYC is expensive but anywhere relevant is also expensive. I doubt there's cheap housing and drinks in Las Vegas or Miami.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is not true and it is something you realize once you live in Manhattan itself. Every area of Manhattan is its own community and you end up seeing the same people over and over again at the bars in the given area. Sure, you get transplants and people from the outer boroughs coming but the regulars all end up being the locals to that community. Each neighborhood in Manhattan is flooded with 20-something women who go out to certain spots. It might not be true for Time Square or a tourist heavy area but in a LES or UES? Most women actually tend to live in the area or very much nearby.
You are right no one goes to LES or UES except locals. I’m talking about Midtown and Downtown. Where all the jobs are. The jobs and tourists.

If you bring in an LTR then maybe I see where you are coming from but not exactly. Maybe someone does settle into an LTR and then realizes that the pace of life in a Jersey city is better suited for them compared to a Manhattan. In that situation, I'd argue that they are better off moving to an Atlanta, Kansas City, Dallas, or a city with a slower pace of life in general. These people are paying for the high cost of living and aggressive state taxes all to live an hour away from all of the fun. In that case, why not just move to an Atlanta or a smaller city which is better suited for couples.
Atlanta, KC, and Dallas simply don’t offer everything you find as NYC metro. And they still have the god awful traffic and lower salaries.

Yes, had I lived in Manhattan or Brooklyn my lays would be higher. Probably by a factor of 3.

However, to say it’s the same in a smaller market is simply false. Pulling is a numbers game and the smaller markets don’t have it. Whether I live in NYC or an hour outside of it, there are still over 20 million people in the area. Only LA has similar numbers.

There is partial merit to what your saying but you are making it a black and white calculation. A significant majority people in NYC metro do not live in Manhattan or Brooklyn. To say the rest of us get no benefit from its proximity is just wrong.

In picking apart components of not living in the NYC burbs/boroughs you are ironically strengthening my argument. None of those places you listed offer all four components, except the NYC area.

Golfing, Breweries / Wineries, Boat Criuises, Beaches, and Family life (i assume you mean a house, yard, and good schools) are all accessible for people in this area. Can I get the same in other cities?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesse Pinkman is right about NYC if you are rich. My brother is rich and he would probably agree.

However assuming you don't have infinite money, there's tons of reasons why you would want to go to the outer boroughs.

For example, in queens I can play pool for $7 per hour per person. In Manhattan it cost me $20 per hour per person.

In queens I can get $7 c0cktails. Every place I've been in Manhattan is $15-20 c0cktails.

Reaction score
For example, in queens I can play pool for $7 per hour per person. In Manhattan it cost me $20 per hour per person.

In queens I can get $7 c0cktails. Every place I've been in Manhattan is $15-20 c0cktails
I knew Nashville was more expensive than Manhattan lol

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are eating 6k-8k calories a day then you are more than likely getting paid to do that, so money isn't a factor at that point.

Is Manhattan only for rich people?
I guess it depends on how you define "rich". Are we talking about billionaires and multi-millionaires or people who make low six-figures and drive an entry-level German luxury car? If it's the latter, NYC is full of them. But I wouldn't consider that "rich".

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew Nashville was more expensive than Manhattan lol
Nashville has more expensive drinks than $15-20 per c0cktail!?

$7 coccktails in Queens is still overpriced.
If you know a spot with cheaper drinks than that which isn't too hard to get to I'm definitely going to take notes.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Born there and I have to say my old neighborhood in Brooklyn has been gentrified if you're going to pursue music career does other cities you can go to for that goal.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are right no one goes to LES or UES except locals. I’m talking about Midtown and Downtown. Where all the jobs are. The jobs and tourists.
Locals being a ton of 20-something women who can afford to live in Manhattan. Dude, lots of women who fit the stereotype of the 20-something out of college, former sorority girl, and hot basic b1tch all live in Manhattan. I have partied with these girls and keep in touch with them on IG, they are all in Manhattan and at worst Brooklyn. Almost all other places are considered lower class, not cool, and weird. These girls will live with 5 roommates if they have to make Manhattan work but that is what they do. All the cool kids are in Manhattan dude.

Jersey and Queens are all locals who grew up in Jersey itself, immigrants, or people that just cannot afford NYC.

Atlanta, KC, and Dallas simply don’t offer everything you find as NYC metro. And they still have the god awful traffic and lower salaries.
Honestly they kind of do. What NYC offers is really the experience for a guy or girl in their 20s and maybe 30s to feel like they are still in college, not having to get married, singled, and can party hard. Most other cities you would get judged for that. Outside of that, there is nothing that unique about NYC that you cannot get in other cities.

Yes, had I lived in Manhattan or Brooklyn my lays would be higher. Probably by a factor of 3.

However, to say it’s the same in a smaller market is simply false. Pulling is a numbers game and the smaller markets don’t have it. Whether I live in NYC or an hour outside of it, there are still over 20 million people in the area. Only LA has similar numbers.
Other cities do as well and outside of the major NYC metro, it is no different than living in an Atlanta. Seriously, its all families and couples once you get to the outer boroughs anyways and the demographics of single women are no different than any other major metro. Logistics are a killer as most of the hot and single women actually do live in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

There is partial merit to what your saying but you are making it a black and white calculation. A significant majority people in NYC metro do not live in Manhattan or Brooklyn. To say the rest of us get no benefit from its proximity is just wrong.
You really get none tbh, I mean you are burning an hour of your day just to commute on a hot and sweaty subway loaded with drugged out homeless bums. No thanks!!

In picking apart components of not living in the NYC burbs/boroughs you are ironically strengthening my argument. None of those places you listed offer all four components, except the NYC area.

Golfing, Breweries / Wineries, Boat Criuises, Beaches, and Family life (i assume you mean a house, yard, and good schools) are all accessible for people in this area. Can I get the same in other cities?
Most major California cities offer all of that. A lot of southern cities by the water offer all of that.