Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

My ultimate dream is to move to NYC

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Again, those prices apply to NYC-only, usually just Manhattan. Most people in the area do not live in Manhattan. There are people at my office that live in the Poconos (PA) in large 200K houses.

I pay $110 / month full coverage car insurance in NJ. My electric bill in the height of summer with daily A/C use and charging my electric car every night was only $95 last month. You guys really don’t know what you are talking about because you don’t live here.
No offense but living an hour away is not living in the city.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you’re a great musician and guitarist, can you make a decent living being a street performer in the subways or something?
No. You can make it though with work. The reality is more like you will live in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Jersey City, or Newark, work a day job, then do your music on the side at various spots across the city. Its wedding season crazy over here right now, I know some DJs that make a killing just doing weddings 3-4 days a week every summer.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'll add in as someone who spent over 5 years in NYC because of all of the BS I have read on this thread from both sides. For one, OP, if you want to move to NYC, just do it and stop posting thread after thread after thread about it. We are not here to give you validation or motivate you. Spend your energy towards coming up with a plan to move to NYC and stop wasting time fantasizing.

Now for others and what they say.

Absolutely don't bother with NYC if you are not going to live in a Manhattan or maybe certain parts of Brooklyn, it is a waste of time.

Seriously, there is no point to living in NYC if you live anywhere other than Manhattan really. The Bridge and Tunnel crowd (Jersey and outer boroughs) brags about how they are getting a better bang for their buck until you realize how awful it is to constantly be on those subways and deal with sketchy homeless people that have become even more emboldened. Even the girls in that crowd are usually shacking up with some guy in Manhattan.

Outside of Manhattan there is literally nothing to bother with in NYC as a single guy. The whole city becomes a dump and cultural wasteland full of bitter people who have an inferiority complex due to not living in Manhattan. Queens is nothing but families and wannabe adults. Even Brooklyn is full of snotty hipsters that try to come off as accepting but are really just snarky jealous k-nts with an inferiority complex.

If you cannot make it work and get to Manhattan, everywhere else in NYC is a waste of time because you can usually get something much better for a better rate in other cities anyways. Whatever you are going for with NYC, you will only find in Manhattan.

Roommates are a must.

For you especially. You need roommates and you need them to make Manhattan work. Get the Roomi app or get on Craigslist. Get a hotel for a month or something while you look for roommates. They also have Co-Living spaces as well.

There you are, now stop with this mental masturbation and get to work.

Also, this blog talks a lot about life in NYC

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'll add in as someone who spent over 5 years in NYC because of all of the BS I have read on this thread from both sides. For one, OP, if you want to move to NYC, just do it and stop posting thread after thread after thread about it. We are not here to give you validation or motivate you. Spend your energy towards coming up with a plan to move to NYC and stop wasting time fantasizing.

Now for others and what they say.

Absolutely don't bother with NYC if you are not going to live in a Manhattan or maybe certain parts of Brooklyn, it is a waste of time.

Seriously, there is no point to living in NYC if you live anywhere other than Manhattan really. The Bridge and Tunnel crowd (Jersey and outer boroughs) brags about how they are getting a better bang for their buck until you realize how awful it is to constantly be on those subways and deal with sketchy homeless people that have become even more emboldened. Even the girls in that crowd are usually shacking up with some guy in Manhattan.

Outside of Manhattan there is literally nothing to bother with in NYC as a single guy. The whole city becomes a dump and cultural wasteland full of bitter people who have an inferiority complex due to not living in Manhattan. Queens is nothing but families and wannabe adults. Even Brooklyn is full of snotty hipsters that try to come off as accepting but are really just snarky jealous k-nts with an inferiority complex.

If you cannot make it work and get to Manhattan, everywhere else in NYC is a waste of time because you can usually get something much better for a better rate in other cities anyways. Whatever you are going for with NYC, you will only find in Manhattan.

Roommates are a must.

For you especially. You need roommates and you need them to make Manhattan work. Get the Roomi app or get on Craigslist. Get a hotel for a month or something while you look for roommates. They also have Co-Living spaces as well.

There you are, now stop with this mental masturbation and get to work.

Also, this blog talks a lot about life in NYC

I don't know anything about NYC. But this has basically confirmed for me I will never live there - and be perfectly content I don't.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offense but living an hour away is not living in the city.
Ditto.

Right on the money. All of these people living way out and commuting are halfa$$ing life in NYC. Those hours add up when you cannot be at a spot compared to someone in Manhattan who can easily walk where they need to. If you have to commute an hour plus to get to NYC, you are better off living in an Atlanta, Raleigh, or some significantly cheaper city. The outer boroughs of NYC are no different than any city in middle America or the south, you get the same people wanting to desperately start families.

Fact of the matter is that in NYC, it is all or nothing. You either live in Manhattan and make it work or you waste your time dealing with trashy Bridge and Tunnel girls who desperately want to shack up with a Manhattan guy on the weekend.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally, I'll say that the difference between New Yorkers that live in Manhattan versus those that don't is initially subtle but overtime you start to realize its massive. New Yorkers that do not live in Manhattan have this massive inferiority complex that comes out in them trying to act self-righteous and morally superior. It is comical to hear someone living in Queens say "but I get more space bro!". Dude, you don't live in NYC to be in your apartment, you live in that city to be out and about!

In Manhattan, you get people who are always striving to do better and be better. They are the ones that are out at bars on weekends having fun but they work really hard. They may be rude and cut throat but they have a sort of professionalism and decency to them. It is the NYC everyone comes for. The NYC made up of educated transplants, classy people, and the who's who.

People in the outer boroughs, especially Jersey, are some of the worst to generally deal with. They put on the morally superior "but we are adults who are financially responsible" mask but are loaded with envy and bitterness over not being able to afford Manhattan. They love to talk about their financially responsible choices but are literally pouring over into the city every weekend. Ever unfortunate enough to have one as a friend? They will beg to sleep on your couch because you have a spot in Manhattan.

Finally, I ask anyone considering a move to NYC and thinking of living in the outer boroughs, why not any other city then? Go live in a Kansas City, Atlanta, Cleveland, Nashville, Houston, etc. You'll get the same exact people who obsess over sports teams and trying to act as financially responsible adults. Seriously, you can get all of this without paying NY taxes! Just go to an Atlanta or Cleveland at that point because the Bridge and Tunnel crowd in the northeast is the same as the one you would encounter in a small southern city. Same sports obsessions, same desperation to try and come off as adults, and same envy towards the people in Manhattan who actually managed to live in the city.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of your take is true @Jesse Pinkman but it’s also incredibly narrow minded and flawed.

This is fair from an “experience” point of view. If one truly wants to live in NYC, they need to be in Manhattan or downtown Brooklyn.

This part is completely false. People outside of NYC proper do not use the MTA subways. Half the people in Queens drive, along with everyone on Staten Island, Long Island, and Jersey/PA/CT. 90% of the girls walking down the street in Manhattan do not live in Manhattan.

This is probably your worst take. People living outside of Manhattan are fully aware of why they aren’t in Manhattan. Most it is a choice. Living near NYC means you can also “rent” it for the day whenever you want. People take their girlfriends to broadway shows, concerts, or on boat cruises. That’s not the appeal for a single guy but it’s just flat out wrong to assume everyone wants to be in Manhattan 24/7. I’ve never heard anyone complain that they wish they lived in Manhattan.

Fact of the matter is that in NYC, it is all or nothing. You either live in Manhattan and make it work or you waste your time dealing with trashy Bridge and Tunnel girls who desperately want to shack up with a Manhattan guy on the weekend.
This is just your opinion. I’ve banged triple digit girls from all over NYC and I’m pretty far out.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The diet thing isn't that expensive if you don't mind eating the same thing every day.
Well, I know of a pro who eats $800 dollars worth of simple foods(standard bodybuilder diet) a month. That would be what, 1200-1500 in NYC?

Reaction score
Well, I know of a pro who eats $800 dollars worth of simple foods(standard bodybuilder diet) a month. That would be what, 1200-1500 in NYC?
What are these simple foods? If you want to be full Dorian, all you need is peanut butter, oatmeal, rice, eggs, milk, protein powder, milk, frozen broccoli, bananas, frozen chicken breasts, frozen ground beef or turkey, and spices and seasonings. This might cost you 100 plus bucks upfront, but upkeep wise probably 70 a week. The key is to find a meal routine that you can keep and rotate.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are these simple foods? If you want to be full Dorian, all you need is peanut butter, oatmeal, rice, eggs, milk, protein powder, milk, frozen broccoli, bananas, frozen chicken breasts, frozen ground beef or turkey, and spices and seasonings. This might cost you 100 plus bucks upfront, but upkeep wise probably 70 a week. The key is to find a meal routine that you can keep and rotate.
Yeah, some of the foods you listed. You realize they eat between 6000-8000 calories a day right during off season right?