Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I'm starting to get a little sick of the contradiction between reacting making you a ***** and not reacting making you a *****.

Veréngárda

Banned
Reaction score
Originally.. this question (because it is basically a question) was going into "The Mature Man." But it seems to me that most older men "talk" about having stoicism while actually having exactly zero of it themselves so **** that.

The thread title should explain itself. If someone doesn't react to opposition, they're submissive because they're letting people walk all over them. If they do, they're submissive because they gave someone else power.

I submissive.. you submissive.. he, we.. submissive.

This is like our equivalent of slut-shaming. ****ed either way.

Where's the way out? Hm?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Being proactive is a posture you take towards the world. It requires an individual to accept responsibility for his situation (no matter how dire) and take the initiative to make things better. Instead of letting their conditions and circumstances be the driving force of their decisions, proactive people allow their values to determine the choices they make. Proactive people act rather than being acted upon.

Proactive people play the ball before it plays them.

Even when circumstances limit choices, a proactive person will find where he can still exercise his agency.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There isn't a contradiction. Being obsessed with what other people think of you and your behavior is pointless. There will always be haters.

If you react too much to things that don't deserve a reaction, you're trash. If you don't react when people take advantage of you, you're a pvssy.

The way out is to have sound moral principle and live by it.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally.. this question (because it is basically a question) was going into "The Mature Man." But it seems to me that most older men "talk" about having stoicism while actually having exactly zero of it themselves so **** that.

The thread title should explain itself. If someone doesn't react to opposition, they're submissive because they're letting people walk all over them. If they do, they're submissive because they gave someone else power.

I submissive.. you submissive.. he, we.. submissive.

This is like our equivalent of slut-shaming. ****ed either way.

Where's the way out? Hm?
It's more reacting subtly when people give you sh1t and being generally, but not absolutely, non-reactive. You then pick and choose when to react aggressively.