Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

Steno

Don Juan
Reaction score
There isn't much unique about daygame here and it's not the ideal city for daygame. Nevertheless, it is a good option for meeting people.

There are two walking paths in Dallas proper that draw some audience. Those two areas have the most options for approaching. There's certainly sufficient foot traffic at both but getting attention can be challenging. Most women wear earbuds if alone on both of those paths. Parks in Dallas exist but are nothing special compared to any other Top 25 US city.

There are a few malls in Dallas but mall game was never my strong suit. Mall game has been affected by the pandemic, as has my next option.
I am new to Dallas and have a hard time finding good places to daygame. I tried several mall and grocery/department stores but noticed that women are always there in groups, either with their boyfriend or family members. I could also just be looking at the wrong parts of Dallas, might need to find a denser area that has more people.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am new to Dallas and have a hard time finding good places to daygame. I tried several mall and grocery/department stores but noticed that women are always there in groups, either with their boyfriend or family members. I could also just be looking at the wrong parts of Dallas, might need to find a denser area that has more people.
As I said in the part you quoted, daygame in Dallas isn't ideal and it can be challenging. Retail gaming has been hurt by indoor masking. My sense is that you are choosing the wrong parts of metro Dallas for trying to do these approaches. Even in some of what I would consider the better areas of Dallas for day game, approaching is challenging at non-bar venues here.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NC and VA? Bougee AF.
Dallas has a bit of a boujee thing going on. It can most commonly be found in Dallas itself in some neighborhoods close to Downtown Dallas that have a higher proportion of singles. The Park Cities bubble (University Park and Highland Park) are wealthy enclaves near Downtown Dallas but have few singles. That's mostly empty nesters and couples with children under 18.

The north of Dallas suburbs are all about family life, especially Plano and Frisco. In those areas, there's not much for singles. I've generally avoided spending free time in those areas, including the few spots that are supposed to have some amount of singles things happening, like Addison and the Shops at Legacy area in Plano.

Lots of immigrant men too killing the vibe.
I'd disagree. A lot of the immigrant men are Asian men (Chinese and Indian) in Plano and Frisco coming to the USA with their Asian wives. They don't affect the scene at all. I'm not as well versed on the Hispanic/Latino scene in Dallas. I know some of the bars that draw well with the Hispanic/Latino community and there are places that someone could day game if only interested in Hispanic/Latino women.

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any good clubbing places in Dallas for college men under 21? I know of Stereo Live (EDM) and the Green Elephant. Stereo Live is super if you like high action EDM and has a good young crowd on weekends. The Green Elephant is a pretty ****ty venue that just suffices for frats wanting to hold parties.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any good clubbing places in Dallas for college men under 21? I know of Stereo Live (EDM) and the Green Elephant. Stereo Live is super if you like high action EDM and has a good young crowd on weekends. The Green Elephant is a pretty ****ty venue that just suffices for frats wanting to hold parties.
I'm not aware of any good clubbing places for the 18-20 year old crowd.

18-20 year olds who are enrolled in college have one of the best day game and social circle setups available. Men who are 25-40 years old are often envious of what 18-20 year olds have available to them and take for granted. However, most college men under utilize the day game options available to them mostly out of ignorance of them. Additionally, some are ineffective with their social circle options. Approaching women in classes, extracurricular activities, the campus gym, and randomly on campus are better bets. Check out the thread below for more information on that.

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...m-someone-that-went-to-a-party-school.273268/

I'm not surprised by what you report about The Green Elephant. The Green Elephant is close to Southern Methodist University (SMU). It's a dive bar near SMU. That's so strange because SMU is considered upscale because of high tuition prices. I wouldn't think a good portion of the SMU student audience would be into going to a dive.

Stereo Live is in a neighborhood I consider to be a bad neighborhood.

Reaction score
I'm not aware of any good clubbing places for the 18-20 year old crowd.

18-20 year olds who are enrolled in college have one of the best day game and social circle setups available. Men who are 25-40 years old are often envious of what 18-20 year olds have available to them and take for granted. However, most college men under utilize the day game options available to them mostly out of ignorance of them. Additionally, some are ineffective with their social circle options. Approaching women in classes, extracurricular activities, the campus gym, and randomly on campus are better bets. Check out the thread below for more information on that.

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threa...m-someone-that-went-to-a-party-school.273268/

I'm not surprised by what you report about The Green Elephant. The Green Elephant is close to Southern Methodist University (SMU). It's a dive bar near SMU. That's so strange because SMU is considered upscale because of high tuition prices. I wouldn't think a good portion of the SMU student audience would be into going to a dive.

Stereo Live is in a neighborhood I consider to be a bad neighborhood.
A lot of privileged college white kids are obsessed with white working class/confederate culture. I was shocked by this too when I was in college.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of privileged college white kids are obsessed with white working class/confederate culture. I was shocked by this too when I was in college.
Southern Methodist University is a school of privileged white kids. I don't think Confederate culture is a thing in Dallas. Dallas/Dallas County didn't start experiencing growth until 1900, decades after the end of the Confederacy. Dallas was a tiny Western town in 1850-1860 when the North-South conflict was escalating in route to the Civil War.

Dallas has never had a strong Southern feel like Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc.

If you go east of Dallas on Interstate 20, you get into East Texas on the way to Shreveport, Louisiana. East Texas is more rural feels far more Southern that Dallas. If you go north of the Dallas area near Lake Texoma and the Oklahoma border, you could make a similar point as well.

Reaction score
Southern Methodist University is a school of privileged white kids. I don't think Confederate culture is a thing in Dallas. Dallas/Dallas County didn't start experiencing growth until 1900, decades after the end of the Confederacy. Dallas was a tiny Western town in 1850-1860 when the North-South conflict was escalating in route to the Civil War.

Dallas has never had a strong Southern feel like Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, etc.

If you go east of Dallas on Interstate 20, you get into East Texas on the way to Shreveport, Louisiana. East Texas is more rural feels far more Southern that Dallas. If you go north of the Dallas area near Lake Texoma and the Oklahoma border, you could make a similar point as well.
Lol good point, I did party at the Skellig and saw a lot of SMU kids there. I think the confederate shvt is unique to the south south schools. I’ve always considered Texas just Texas except for the Beaumont, Piney Woods/Texarkana part lol. Uptown Dallas and the area near SMU looked a lot like the nice parts of Nashville and Vanderbilt & Belle Meade area so it makes sense. I wouldn’t mind living there as opposed to Nashville but it gets too cold in Dallas for me lol. I do wish Houston would ditch its free zoning law shvt.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol good point, I did party at the Skellig and saw a lot of SMU kids there. I think the confederate shvt is unique to the south south schools. I’ve always considered Texas just Texas except for the Beaumont, Piney Woods/Texarkana part lol. Uptown Dallas and the area near SMU looked a lot like the nice parts of Nashville and Vanderbilt & Belle Meade area so it makes sense. I wouldn’t mind living there as opposed to Nashville but it gets too cold in Dallas for me lol. I do wish Houston would ditch its free zoning law shvt.
I think there’s a good approaching culture at The Skellig. I mentioned the one night I was there pre-pandemic and multiple guys were approaching. I didn’t see a lot of SMU guys that night. Privileged college kids are not known to be volume approachers as they are more social circle & swipe app guys.

There are Dallas-Nashville parallels. Uptown still looks nice but the crowds have gotten more ghetto since 2015-2016. I’ve been avoiding the Uptown area at night for a long time.

It is true that Dallas can get cold but it’s winters are mild compared to most of the United States.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, Texas is not confederate sh*t. Sounds like usual anti Texas bull from yankees.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, Texas is not confederate sh*t. Sounds like usual anti Texas bull from yankees.
Yes, Texas was a Confederate state but it was not a highly populated area from the 1840s-1860s. This was more relevant in the Southeast.

Dallas isn't a Southern experience at all. Anyone looking for a Southern experience in Dallas will be sorely disappointed.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For what its worth, the group I noticed the most pride towards Confederate and Southern culture from were people up north who lived in small towns and suburbs. I never knew that Long Island, NY worshipped the Confederacy so much until I started meeting a ton of people from there and unfortunately having to work with them (hands down some of the trashiest and most classless suburban people I've ever met). The confederate worshipers up north have a lot of that pent up racism inside of them because so much of the north is strongly liberal.

Even in my time down south, the northern kids were amongst the most racist and also heavily worshiping of southern culture because they had so much more to compensate for. I even noticed it in my years in NYC where the suburban kids would worship so much of the redneck culture in order to distance themselves from NYC's diversity.

Reaction score
For what its worth, the group I noticed the most pride towards Confederate and Southern culture from were people up north who lived in small towns and suburbs. I never knew that Long Island, NY worshipped the Confederacy so much until I started meeting a ton of people from there and unfortunately having to work with them (hands down some of the trashiest and most classless suburban people I've ever met). The confederate worshipers up north have a lot of that pent up racism inside of them because so much of the north is strongly liberal.

Even in my time down south, the northern kids were amongst the most racist and also heavily worshiping of southern culture because they had so much more to compensate for. I even noticed it in my years in NYC where the suburban kids would worship so much of the redneck culture in order to distance themselves from NYC's diversity.
Dude Yes, Williamson County and Sumner County are the most racist counties in TN and they are basically a haven for northerners that relocated to Nashville.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For what its worth, the group I noticed the most pride towards Confederate and Southern culture from were people up north who lived in small towns and suburbs.

Even in my time down south, the northern kids were amongst the most racist and also heavily worshiping of southern culture because they had so much more to compensate for.
Native Dallas residents are not that easy to find for the transplanted adult as I mentioned in the first post. Most people that move to Dallas as adults end up socializing with other people who moved to Dallas as adults, and often post college adults. Dallas was a minor outpost throughout the 1800s so the Antebellum and Reconstruction era attitudes of the Southern US weren't much of a thing historically in Dallas.

Dallas has a larger black population than Denver or Phoenix.

Native Dallasites don't talk much about the Old South.

Dude Yes, Williamson County and Sumner County are the most racist counties in TN and they are basically a haven for northerners that relocated to Nashville.
Williamson and Sumner Counties are the outskirts of Nashville. Their Dallas area equivalents would be Collin, Denton, and Rockwall Counties. Outskirt areas in both Nashville and Dallas have experienced meteoric growth. People are moving to both Nashville and Dallas from everywhere.

derringerG

Banned
Reaction score
It's fantastic to get such detailed intel but what is your overall rating of dallas, /10?

How would you compare it to other metro areas you've visited or lived in?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's fantastic to get such detailed intel but what is your overall rating of dallas, /10?

How would you compare it to other metro areas you've visited or lived in?
Dallas is a rather mediocre mating environment. I wouldn't recommend moving here as a means of improving mating outcomes. However, this does not mean that it is not a good place to live when considering all lifestyle variables.
I would rate Dallas' mating market a 5.5 out of 10 as I'm conflicted between 5 and 6.

Prior to Dallas, I did live in another Top 15 US metro area and I would have also ranked that metro area close to Dallas in terms of its mating market. In terms of all lifestyle considerations, Dallas is a better option.

It would be interesting to see how others in this thread who have lived in Dallas would rate it on the 10 point scale.

Reaction score
I would rate Dallas' mating market a 5.5 out of 10 as I'm conflicted between 5 and 6.

Prior to Dallas, I did live in another Top 15 US metro area and I would have also ranked that metro area close to Dallas in terms of its mating market. In terms of all lifestyle considerations, Dallas is a better option.

It would be interesting to see how others in this thread who have lived in Dallas would rate it on the 10 point scale.
Dang :(

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have said many times that I think Austin and Dallas are the two most challenging large city dating markets in Texas. I perceive Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio as superior mating market options.

Texas has some interesting mid-sized markets such as Amarillo, Abilene, El Paso, Laredo, Lubbock, Waco, Midland-Odessa, Brownsville-Harlingen, and Corpus Christi. Those are all places between 120,000 and 700,000 in population. Some of those are worse than others. Midland-Odessa is a metro area of around 265,000 but it is a bad sausage fest due to the petroleum/energy industry presence in the Permian Basin. Midland-Odessa would not be a mating market I'd recommend. Amarillo and Lubbock could make sense under the right circumstances.

Dallas is a better mating market than many large cities, especially the West Coast cities.

momentomori

Don Juan
Reaction score

What US metros would go ahead of Dallas? Dallas seems appealing because it's affordable, unlike coastal cities.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What US metros would go ahead of Dallas? Dallas seems appealing because it's affordable, unlike coastal cities.
In terms of the mating environment or overall quality of life?

Dallas is less affordable than it once was. Housing prices, including rents, have risen dramatically.