Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Funny Thing about Tinder/OLD

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Is that it's common "advice" on the internet to pick something from her profile and send something "interesting" to her in the first message. This might be a personal anecdote but I've noticed I get way more replies if I just send a simple "hey" instead.

People on the internet always say "hey" is boring but I get way more replies by doing that. Sending an interesting message based on her profile only got me a 10% reply rate while a simple "hey" got me a 40% reply rate

The few women who replied to the interesting message were just looking for online chat buddies anyways, a third of the ones who replied to "hey" actually wanted to meet up.

Has anyone else observed this on OLD?

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is that it's common "advice" on the internet to pick something from her profile and send something "interesting" to her in the first message. This might be a personal anecdote but I've noticed I get way more replies if I just send a simple "hey" instead.

People on the internet always say "hey" is boring but I get way more replies by doing that. Sending an interesting message based on her profile only got me a 10% reply rate while a simple "hey" got me a 40% reply rate

The few women who replied to the interesting message were just looking for online chat buddies anyways, a third of the ones who replied to "hey" actually wanted to meet up.

Has anyone else observed this on OLD?
Agreed. I never bother with targeted openers, they are a waste of time. The girl will either like your pics or she won’t. You can’t make her like you with a creative opener.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to me that a personalized opener that clearly required some effort is a terrible way to show value...it implies that what you show is not enough to get a reply and that you're fine wasting time with no certainity of getting a reply.

The guy opening with a "hi" is basically saying "not sure if you reply or not, either case if you want some effort from me you need to give something back".

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. I never bother with targeted openers, they are a waste of time. The girl will either like your pics or she won’t. You can’t make her like you with a creative opener.
Also women have very short attention spans, she probably doesn't even bother reading the creative openers. I do notice women at least read my profile and make comments based on what I put in the bio.

It seems to me that a personalized opener that clearly required some effort is a terrible way to show value...it implies that what you show is not enough to get a reply and that you're fine wasting time with no certainity of getting a reply.

The guy opening with a "hi" is basically saying "not sure if you reply or not, either case if you want some effort from me you need to give something back".
I agree with that, the Hi shows high value. I even feel like women lose attraction if the guy makes a long and creative first message.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent this summer sending at least 30 personalised openers, for exactly zero result before i gave up.

The women, simps and white knights on the internet who tell you to write personalised openers and put effort into talking are, as usual, talking about the world they would like to exist. They are not talking about the world we exist in. In the real world, what matters is whether she thinks youre hot enough or not. I agree with WDW that you will not raise but lower your smv in her eyes by putting effort in.

If i could do it again, every message would just be "hey". Ironically, that's what my last message was that got a response before i deleted the app.

Last edited:

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Bingo. If you show interest in her, and that you've actually read her profile, then you're already simping.

Women want men who aren't interested in her. For a woman to experience burning desire, she must feel like she is chasing a man who i above her in value. If you are showing interest in her then, unfortunately, you're already revealing that you view her as an equal. (Note to the Autists - this does not mean that you act like an as$hole either and make it really clear that you're "not" interested in her. You just play aloof and non-needy. It's as simple as that).

My opener for every single woman online is "Hello (name)" - that's it. Chick thinks "why isn't this guy putting any effort into his opener" and the hamster wheel starts spinning. It's insane. I've experimented with this a lot and I've discovered that it's better for you to put out a simple opener, and then gauge the interest-levels in her response. From there I ramp up to getting her number and putting in a quick 15 min phone call to get the vibe going, then immediately move to logistics and planning a meet. If she's not biting the bait then she gets next'ed.
That's exactly what works, go for the number and call them. Too many guys spend way too much time texting and "getting to know them" that they are confused when the girl ghosts them after they asked for a meetup.

I spent this summer sending at least 30 personalised openers, for exactly zero result before i gave up.

The women, simps and white knights on the internet who tell you to write personalised openers and put effort into talking are, as usual, talking about the world they would like to exist. They are not talking about the world we exist in. In the real world, what matters is whether she thinks youre hot enough or not.

If i could do it again, every message would just be "hey". Ironically, that's what my last message was that got a response before i deleted the app.
They also tell guys not to ask for numbers/dates "too soon". This is why men need to avoid places like reddit for "advice".

I've seen guys on reddit who spend weeks sometimes even months texting a girl before asking to meetup, of course in the comments everyone's cheers him on.

They also tell guys to put effort in their profile with professional photos and a well written bio, they even say have a photo with friends even though girls are here to date you not your friends.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I'll never forget an immortal comment I read on a Heartiste blog post back in the early days of RedPill:

"Imagine for a moment how much it would suck to be a woman. You can only get turned on when someone is mean to you."

My life changed forever after reading that comment.
Being mean to her is a really good way to gauge her interest levels, if she cares she will respond and if you mean nothing to her she will just ignore you.

Do this - After your opener, and a few text exchanges, just send her your number and leave it up to her to text you. If she texts you, then reply and set up a call. It is the ultimate compliance test. Asking for a chick's number is giving her an opportunity to say "I need to get to know you more first."
That's the thing I've been missing, I haven't given them my number or tried to call them. I'm going to have to give this method ago to see what results i get

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you guys thoughts on asking for her number, but she counter offers with a chat through Zoom before shell give out her real number? I havent taken up any of them on the offer and my instinct is to just next them because theyre trying to control the frame.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Nice, Ive always gone for the number after 3-4 exchanges and just next if they dont comply. Ive never fallen for that need to get to know you bs.
Same here man Even before the red pill, i would always tell them that the whole point of a date is to get to know someone.

Do these girls really have nothing better to do all day then text strangers on a dating app? You would think they at least had some hobbies or interests.

Don Dark Horse

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I go on and off OLD every now and then.

Each time I try to do something different and see if results change.
The most recent time, I gave myself one week to score a date and after one week was up I delete the app.
This time all I said to a match was send my number. No hello, just the number. A few girls texted right back on WhatsApp. A few said "No you text me first" followed by their number (No thanks).

After a few texting exchanges, I asked them out for drinks/coffee. None resulted in a date.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score

The most recent time, I gave myself one week to score a date and after one week was up I delete the app.
This time all I said to a match was send my number. No hello, just the number. A few girls texted right back on WhatsApp. A few said "No you text me first" followed by their number (No thanks).

After a few texting exchanges, I asked them out for drinks/coffee. None resulted in a date.
Have you tried calling them after getting the number?

I have the same results as you, tons of matches but almost none actually result in a date.

There was one girl that was keen to meetup, but refused to give her number. Pretty suspicious if you ask me

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I like your no bullsh1t, no fvcks given attitude.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do these girls really have nothing better to do all day then text strangers on a dating app? You would think they at least had some hobbies or interests.
Women don't have passions and hobbies(as a group)

They're whole eco system and oxygen source is wrapped up in what Men think of them and how desired they are. all they speak about is men, and the man that messes them around.

they have the freedom of choice in 2021, and how do they repay society?

1) they choose jobs they can do in a dressing gown.
2) take pics of themselves (I thought they were ssooooo much more than that?)
3) Alcoholism.

literally left to their own devices they prove everything we say.

Theyre also totally corrupted from online gratification, and the short term relationships they keep getting in. thats before i even start on their single mother upbringing & feminist indoctrination which starts at school

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Women don't have passions and hobbies(as a group)

They're whole eco system and oxygen source is wrapped up in what Men think of them and how desired they are. all they speak about is men, and the man that messes them around.

they have the freedom of choice in 2021, and how do they repay society?

1) they choose jobs they can do in a dressing gown.
2) take pics of themselves (I thought they were ssooooo much more than that?)
3) Alcoholism.

literally left to their own devices they prove everything we say.

Theyre also totally corrupted from online gratification, and the short term relationships they keep getting in. thats before i even start on their single mother upbringing & feminist indoctrination which starts at school
You know how many woman would answer with "hanging with friends" when i asked them what their hobbies were? They really could not have made something up better than that.

They have had equality for at least 60 years yet have not achieved a single thing while men have invented the computer and internet in that same time frame.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know how many woman would answer with "hanging with friends" when i asked them what their hobbies were? They really could not have made something up better than that.

They have had equality for at least 60 years yet have not achieved a single thing while men have invented the computer and internet in that same time frame.
thats another thing, they mostly use the same basic sentences, christ its so cringe, were letting children take over all because we cant control our lust.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, they don't. I've met too many of them. Relying on a man to take her out of her boredom hole.

Ontopic: I say "hi" as well with the best results.
I keep the interesting things for later in the conversation. Most of it on a date, not just while online.
Also, not saying much about you on your profile can work well.

Last edited: