Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crypto trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If btc and eth aren't large parts of your core holdings I think that is incredibly foolish. Everything else is a speculative tech bet, which has its place but shouldn't be the entirety of your holdings.
I don't think it's foolish at all owning zero BTC & ETH. The prices are high which will not give maximum ROI as other cryptos. Me personally Im focusing on the flare network, Central Banks and what companies were talked about by the IMF. CBDC's are coming, restrictions are inevitable, and non of us knows whats going to happen. I'm betting on myself from all the months I've spent doing my homework. At the end of the day I'm a noob but Im confident in myself.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's foolish at all owning zero BTC & ETH. The prices are high which will not give maximum ROI as other cryptos. Me personally Im focusing on the flare network, Central Banks and what companies were talked about by the IMF. CBDC's are coming, restrictions are inevitable, and non of us knows whats going to happen. I'm betting on myself from all the months I've spent doing my homework. At the end of the day I'm a noob but Im confident in myself.
This is the argument of many new to the space and a majority get completely wrecked. There are short periods of massive overperformance but most do not buy in at the correct levels or sell at the peaks. Anyone who has made and kept money in this space would not recommend all small cap alts. I doubt you will listen though, most have to learn through experience, including myself.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the argument of many new to the space and a majority get completely wrecked. There are short periods of massive overperformance but most do not buy in at the correct levels or sell at the peaks. Anyone who has made and kept money in this space would not recommend all small cap alts. I doubt you will listen though, most have to learn through experience, including myself.
Im not new as in I haven't followed the space. I meant more as actually investing, building a portfolio. As I stated I'm confident in myself, if I lose well then so be it. I'd rather take responsibility for losing on my decisions, then invest in someone else's. Like you said you have to learn through experience. I'm also not one to take people seriously of very one sided in their beliefs.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not new as in I haven't followed the space. I meant more as actually investing, building a portfolio. As I stated I'm confident in myself, if I lose well then so be it. I'd rather take responsibility for losing on my decisions, then invest in someone else's. Like you said you have to learn through experience. I'm also not one to take people seriously of very one sided in their beliefs.
Strictly going for the home run keeps people broke, the few stories of it happening just encourage bad investment. I would suggest follow what the smart money is doing and not reddit/twitter degens. Good luck though

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an emerging technology that is going through parabolic growth, you can't look at short times frames, zoom out past a few months. Long term it has more than outpaced inflation when traditional hedges have not. It is also much more than a hedge. Gold and silver don't always move in lockstep on small time frames. You have been calling it a scam since 3k, so probably should just counter trade your opinions at this point.
Gold went up this week, by the way. That's what inflation hedges do. Btc has not been tested as a hedge, because we have not seen real inflation in its lifetime. Inflation destroys an economy and the first thing to go is money wasted on frivolous, pointless purchases, you know, like crypto. Nerds are playing with house money they don't need. When the economy crumbles, they will sell their coin because they lost their job. That would leave crypto to the smart money institutional players, who would like to use it as a hedge. That's why this is bitcoins big moment. It had better go up when the dollar goes down, or the smart money is goong to bail.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold went up this week, by the way. That's what inflation hedges do. Btc has not been tested as a hedge, because we have not seen real inflation in its lifetime. Inflation destroys an economy and the first thing to go is money wasted on frivolous, pointless purchases, you know, like crypto. Nerds are playing with house money they don't need. When the economy crumbles, they will sell their coin because they lost their job. That would leave crypto to the smart money institutional players, who would like to use it as a hedge. That's why this is bitcoins big moment. It had better go up when the dollar goes down, or the smart money is goong to bail.
This week it did, but it does not perfectly follow inflation or the inverse of the dollar. How has it performed over the last 6, 12 months as the money supply increased 30%? I actually own a very large amount of physical gold and silver and think it plays a role in a portfolio. But I like actually making money and see precious metals as insurance. Agree with the fact that most of crypto is absolute garbage/vaporware and easy to get caught up in the hype. The garbage will get sold off since that is primarily what retail is holding. I try to warn newbs as much as possible but most want the lottery ticket and will learn the hard way. Bitcoin, Eth and a few others are a completely different ball game. Large holders there aren't in the lose your job/im broke/need to sell bracket. Your take on the markets has been painfully wrong and has cost you a lot financially . There is no single big moment, that's not how markets work. If you are so confident, let's make a bet on performance. Gold vs BTC Anything in a 6-12 month time frame

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Anyone who does TA and looks at the charts knows a Bullrun is coming
Last year at this time it was just about to be Defi season
I see this happening again this year.
August is gonna be glorious quote me a month and half from now!
The bull run never stopped, it was just a correction. It's nearly completed and then the bull run will continue

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yup pointless...
10 year return 250%
5 year return 350%

What's the stock markets returns over that time?
Gold?

See how silly that makes you sound? A decade of kicking the living crap out of every other investment but yet it's still somehow not allowed a serious discussion.

Well the institutions who invest in it, are labelling it as an asset class and opening crypto investment divisions certainly seem to disagree with you.

It's the future and anyone stating otherwise is clearly just scared to death of losing the status quo.

You'll be like the Swiss watchmakers...defiant about the "cheap" Japanese watches and convinced nobody would want them until they all went bankrupt.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This week it did, but it does not perfectly follow inflation or the inverse of the dollar. How has it performed over the last 6, 12 months as the money supply increased 30%? I actually own a very large amount of physical gold and silver and think it plays a role in a portfolio. But I like actually making money and see precious metals as insurance. Agree with the fact that most of crypto is absolute garbage/vaporware and easy to get caught up in the hype. The garbage will get sold off since that is primarily what retail is holding. I try to warn newbs as much as possible but most want the lottery ticket and will learn the hard way. Bitcoin, Eth and a few others are a completely different ball game. Large holders there aren't in the lose your job/im broke/need to sell bracket. Your take on the markets has been painfully wrong and has cost you a lot financially . There is no single big moment, that's not how markets work. If you are so confident, let's make a bet on performance. Gold vs BTC Anything in a 6-12 month time frame
If you think Defi is going anywhere you are crazy and simply don't understand it.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you think Defi is going anywhere you are crazy and simply don't understand it.
Please tell me where I said anything close to that. Most of these coins aren't going to be relevant in 5-10yrs, some will but the majority will not. If you don't see that you simply don't understand this market.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So upset with myself...missed out on an easy 10K in gains...had my alerts set up to tell me to buy, the long indicator flashed and I sat there and saw it and did nothing. Would have bought in lower and increased my coin count by a LOT and then it skyrockets overnight...

FML...inverted head and shoulders pattern formed...now looking like a normal head and shoulders pattern forming at the top which likely will lead back to the beginning of the last leg down.

Ughh...my instincts, chart pattern reading ability and buy/sell alerts are fantastic. Not sure why I don't always trust them.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So upset with myself...missed out on an easy 10K in gains...had my alerts set up to tell me to buy, the long indicator flashed and I sat there and saw it and did nothing. Would have bought in lower and increased my coin count by a LOT and then it skyrockets overnight...

FML...inverted head and shoulders pattern formed...now looking like a normal head and shoulders pattern forming at the top which likely will lead back to the beginning of the last leg down.

Ughh...my instincts, chart pattern reading ability and buy/sell alerts are fantastic. Not sure why I don't always trust them.
Wasnt it just elon talking up ethereum? Which he probably did because btc dropped under 30k.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the A$$ completely falls out of crypto, the true hedge against inflation (gold) is going to go through the fvcking roof

6-12 months mark my words

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the A$$ completely falls out of crypto, the true hedge against inflation (gold) is going to go through the fvcking roof

What do you consider through the roof? Lets hear some price targets

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasnt it just elon talking up ethereum? Which he probably did because btc dropped under 30k.
He personally owns ETH, only bitcoin is on his companies balance sheets, which he still holds there, no gold though. Weird.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Never going to happen. Crypto is the future whether you want it to be or not. This technology or something based on it is the future. Of everything in the world. And when I say everything, I mean everything(coming from a software engineer who understands it)

Deny it, bury your head in the sand, cry about it.... doesn't matter. You'll simply be a Swiss watchmaker who ruled for centuries that were bankrupt and out of business within 10 or 15 years once a paradigm shift hit and the world changed. Nobody wants those cheap Japanese watches they said. They thought status quo. They were overconfident. They let their overinflated egos guide them instead of opening their eyes to what was happening right in front of their faces. They were wrong. Anyone betting against crypto will be wrong also. Like the Swiss Watchmakers x 1,000,000

It's in it's infancy and anyone who thinks it is going away is pretty far off the mark. Major institutions do not spend millions of dollars to open crypto divisions for things that will disappear. Even they know it's here to stay and is only going to get bigger as much as it scares them to death because it disrupts the status quo. They, unlike the Swiss Watchmakers, have grudgingly accepted their fate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.