Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I lost my job because I refused to get vaccinated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. I work for a health organization and have been working there for 8 years. My recent performance review last month was exceeding expectations.
But none of this really matters when you have political BS agendas being pushed.

Our HR dept basically called all those that weren't vaccinated and strong armed them into getting the vaccine through manipulation and fear. When that didn't work on me, they revised their company policy stating that ALL employees MUST be vaccinated for condition of employment.

This is a company that supported Hillary Clinton back in the day and paid her $250k to speak at one of our major events so it's not surprising. I also live in a blue state(predominantly democratic) and even the statistics only show 40% that's been fully vaccinated, 55% having had one dose. This still leaves 45% of those on the fence.

Yet my city is set for phase 5 reopening this Friday(meaning 100% capacity for all public places). This doesn't align with the work policies they set forth.

I also learned from HR that my company participated in the Vaccine Exemption program which basically gives tax breaks and such to companies participating and willing to push the vaccination agenda by requiring all their employees to be vaccinated. So in addition to political agendas, now you also have financial agendas as well. Shady as hell.

I've discussed continuing to work from home as I've demonstrated great results over the last year but clearly they don't care about employee productivity and only getting everyone vaccinated. Even some of our contractors from overseas physically can't come in but yet work remotely just fine. I brought up this option and they said even contractors have to be vaccinated in case we "need" to come into the office. That's a big IF and highly doubtful in the line of work I do.

Once again, Liberals trying to force their views and their policies down everyone's throats. They can just let people do and think how they like.

Having a mortgage, car payments, and having to support 3 kids doesn't do any favors either but I'll get through it and I know my boss and HR are feeling guilty of it as they should. Karma is a b1tch...

I guess I can enjoy summer...

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again sorry to hear that you lost you job.
I also learned from HR that my company participated in the Vaccine Exemption program which basically gives tax breaks and such to companies participating and willing to push the vaccination agenda by requiring all their employees to be vaccinated. So in addition to political agendas, now you also have financial agendas as well. Shady as hell.
So they are real jackasses making money on their employees by getting them vaccinated. That is indeed some dirty tactics.

Well on the positive side I guess is that you now have the opportunity to find a better employer that does care about their staff etc.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks bro.

The real issue lies in that government trying to bribe the public into getting vaccinated through free beer, food, concerts, lottery, etc wasn't enough and wasn't as effective as they thought. So now, they are bribing companies to make vaccine mandatory for condition of employment. They are doing this by offering the companies vaccine exempt status which gives tax breaks and incentives to the companies.

I just need to find an employer that leans on the conservative side or someone that is politics neutral(rare). Most liberal companies are most likely going to be pro vaccine.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope you find a real nice employer with a boss that cares about you and his staff.

Best of luck mate.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s ironic that the same people that complain about minimum wage laws also complain that businesses can fire you for not complying with their position about having a vaccinated workplace.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. I work for a health organization and have been working there for 8 years. My recent performance review last month was exceeding expectations.
But none of this really matters when you have political BS agendas being pushed.

Our HR dept basically called all those that weren't vaccinated and strong armed them into getting the vaccine through manipulation and fear. When that didn't work on me, they revised their company policy stating that ALL employees MUST be vaccinated for condition of employment.

This is a company that supported Hillary Clinton back in the day and paid her $250k to speak at one of our major events so it's not surprising. I also live in a blue state(predominantly democratic) and even the statistics only show 40% that's been fully vaccinated, 55% having had one dose. This still leaves 45% of those on the fence.

Yet my city is set for phase 5 reopening this Friday(meaning 100% capacity for all public places). This doesn't align with the work policies they set forth.

I've discussed continuing to work from home as I've demonstrated great results over the last year but clearly they don't care about employee productivity and only getting everyone vaccinated. Even some of our contractors from overseas physically can't come in but yet work remotely just fine. I brought up this option and they said even contractors have to be vaccinated in case we "need" to come into the office. That's a big IF and highly doubtful in the line of work I do.

Once again, Liberals trying to force their views and their policies down everyone's throats. They can just let people do and think how they like.

Having a mortgage, car payments, and having to support 3 kids doesn't do any favors either but I'll get through it and I know my boss and HR are feeling guilty of it as they should. Karma is a b1tch...

Jobs are on the rise again. There will be no shortage of jobs and income for those with an abundance mindset. You, my friend, have not lost a job, you have gained a lot more than you think or realize now.

And like another said, you kept your dignity, your self-respect, your beliefs. Things that are far more important in life than a job.

Modern Man Advice

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Revising policy? Hummmm. You were hired in with a different policy? Sounds like a possible suit case. It is against the law to even ask you your medical history unless it prevents you from doing the job you apply for. Interesting.

Somebody is going to push back and take it through the federal courts soon. I can’t wait.
Unfortunately, I looked it up and private companies can mandate vaccines in our city at least for employment and still be legal despite what the original policy was. This vaccine also doesn't fall under the medical history confidentiality.

Bars/Restaurants that are participating in this vaccine exempt program are required to ask for proof of vaccine before admitting anyone into their space if they want 100% occupancy. Some do and follow it to the T but I'm sure some will be more lax about it.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s ironic that the same people that complain about minimum wage laws also complain that businesses can fire you for not complying with their position about having a vaccinated workplace.
No complaints about minimum wage. Only complaining about people not wanting to better themselves and get an education or skillset that allows them to work at better places making more money.

Minimum wage jobs have generally been a stepping stone instead of a career, to move onto better things. Usually for young people and students. If they are not willing to better themselves, it's on them, not the employer.

Non-US people laugh at the amount of opportunities that exists in the US and people not taking advantage of them. That's why you have people like Polish people that immigrate here and are making good money within a few years. They know how to apply themselves and work for it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Minimum wage jobs have generally been a stepping stone instead of a career to move onto better things. Usually for young people and students. If they are not willing to better themselves, it's on them, not the employer.
No, they have not. That was not at all the purpose of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Employers and employees do not have equal leverage on the market. Hence, why collective bargaining is effective.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Analyze what he said to you. Hahaha. He used words associated with negative connotation to combine them with your decision. This making you “wrong”.
This is called gas lighting. Minimum wage low end complainer = someone who doesn’t want the vaccination despite the FDA refusing to pass it.

You fell for it. You explained yourself. Don’t let disgusting humans manipulate you like that. Next time just say how cute and entertaining his comment was. But you have a different paradigm and it’s gracious for him to worry about you. Pat him on the head and move on.
I do fall for it everytime. Lol. Shame on me.

@EyeBRollin does provide some good advice with women but we don't necessarily see eye to eye on political stuff and that's ok. He's always right and facts are facts.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Siri & Glimstad. Legal firm.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Billtx49

Reaction score
Unfortunately my company has their own legal team in house.
They may be right or wrong, but that team has undoubtedly previously advised the company what their best legal course of action is regarding the vaccine issue…

Status
Not open for further replies.