Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Calling is so much better than Texting

Glassguy

Reaction score
To text or call? Interesting question. Both should have their place in the way you communicate with women.
Calling:
*I never cold call a chick. I will only call after some texting. Its super awkward to just call out of the blue after getting her number. Calling is for setting up a date. And why would you just call someone to ask them out on a date as the first interaction when they have clearly not done anything warranting us being interested in them to the point we want to spend our valuable time with them?
*I generally will call a chick for the first time while I know she is on her phone and available. If she texts me something like "oh im just hanging out at home", I will call. I spend a lot of time driving, so I generally just say "hey what's up....I'm driving so I can't text....." when she answers.
On the flip side, if I know she just texted me and immediately rejects my call, I WILL NOT reach out to her again (both text and call) until I hear back from her. Or never again.....either is fine. If she tries to text me right after I call, I just text back "I'm driving....give me a call later". Make her invest by calling you back.
*I keep a phone call to under 5 minutes. During that 5 minutes I am paying attention to her excitement level of me calling, if she can hold a conversation, how she sounds, etc. On more than dozens of occasions I have not contacted or replied to a chick after a 5 minute phone call if she sounds bored, stupid, manly voice, etc. I just disappear.
During that 5 minutes, I make sure it's light conversation and invite her for a drink. Its a yes, counter offer or I'm gone. "I'll let you know", "we'll see".....they don't hear from me again. Unless they reach back out in a timely manner to let me know they are free.
*I only call once. No more calling until we meet. Period. If she calls me between my initial phone call and the date, I keep it to a 5 minute, light convo. Tell her I gotta run and see her at the date.
*People can hide a boring/lackluster personality on text. I want to see how she talks before I go drop $40 on an appetizer and drinks.

Texting:
*Less is best
*Totally ok to set up a date over text. Get the date (set it up within the next 3 days) and then sit back and see if she reaches out. If she does, light banter ("Hey you...thinking about me again I see?) and then get back off your phone. Less is best.
*No deep/serious conversations over text. Or on a date. Or ever. Keep it light and fun.
*I sporadically use 2 emojis in text. Wink face and thinking face. That's it. No "LOL" and for crying out loud, no kissy face emojis. Less is best.
*Texting is NOT going to work wonders for you if you are needy, overtalkative through text, not witty, not direct. After a few messages, simply say "seems like we have some things in common. Let's grab a drink and see if there is some vibe when we are together"....set up the date and back off.

Both texting and calls have their purpose and both work. I'm better on the phone than I am texting but I can do both.

The main thing is, and I know this blows some guy's minds......I am screening HER to see if I want to meet in person. And I would much rather waste 5 minutes of my life calling a chick than spend an hour talking face to face to a boring @ss chick while paying to fill her belly full of potato skins and $8 drinks, while I wish I was doing something else more productive than talking to a rock for personality. I can get a great gauge on a chick's personality through that 5 min call. And its ok to ghost after the call and not waste your time on a date with her, when you could spend that time meeting another or doing something you like doing.

Abundance is a good thing. Be picky. Use both text and calls to screen and qualify these women to see if they're worth your time.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't communicate properly over texting, this is not a surprise to me at all. You take all emotion and context out of the communication.

Most people won't answer the phone nowadays, there is a risk to it, but there are six billion women out there. If she won't answer, next.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they don't like random calls from guys because they are in a weak situation where they can't control the interaction. They can't play little games on the phone because it's live.
Conversely, you got to watch out for the ones who *insist* on a phone call from the get-go. They do this to control the interaction, avoid sexting, and push the interaction towards LTR territory.

Insistence and control. Great ingredients for a LTR :)

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
Old School players were so right! I decided to just call this girl instead of texting her. We had a really great conversation and easly secured a date for this thursday. Instead of some boring text with useless banter i just called her and was really direct on the phone.

I finally understand why old school players suggest we call and never text, i feel like for people with terrible text game like me we should avoid it as much as possible.

From now on I will just call every girl instead of texting.
I fvcked up and just texted a girl whose number I just got. I'm going to call her though. Should I call her right away today or tonight, or wait until tomorrow to see if she responds to the text?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I fvcked up and just texted a girl whose number I just got. I'm going to call her though. Should I call her right away today or tonight, or wait until tomorrow to see if she responds to the text?
What do you have to lose by calling her?

I never cold call a chick. I will only call after some texting. Its super awkward to just call out of the blue after getting her number. Calling is for setting up a date. And why would you just call someone to ask them out on a date as the first interaction when they have clearly not done anything warranting us being interested in them to the point we want to spend our valuable time with them?
Yeah that makes sense especially if she hasn't saved your number.

if she can hold a conversation, how she sounds, etc. On more than dozens of occasions I have not contacted or replied to a chick after a 5 minute phone call if she sounds bored, stupid, manly voice, etc. I just disappear.
This is the best part of calling, with texting you can never really know what they are really feeling. I lot of things are lost in translation when it comes to texting. I would have saved so much time if i just called girls from the get go.

Most people won't answer the phone nowadays, there is a risk to it, but there are six billion women out there. If she won't answer, next.
Do you really want to be with a woman who can't even answer a phone call? I can only imagine how awkward and boring she would be on a date.

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you have to lose by calling her?
I don't have anything to lose by calling her. I already said I'm going to call her. I asked whether I should wait til tomorrow for her to respond to my text or just call her tonight.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I don't have anything to lose by calling her. I already said I'm going to call her. I asked whether I should wait til tomorrow for her to respond to my text or just call her tonight.
Just call her tonight and don't acknowledge the fact that she hasn't responded

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Old School players were so right! I decided to just call this girl instead of texting her. We had a really great conversation and easly secured a date for this thursday. Instead of some boring text with useless banter i just called her and was really direct on the phone.

I finally understand why old school players suggest we call and never text, i feel like for people with terrible text game like me we should avoid it as much as possible.

From now on I will just call every girl instead of texting.
Very true. When I was on the playground, I would prefer to call instead of text. the younger 20 somethings didn't like it; they like to text instead. However, I usually had a better result with phone than text. This was 2.5 years ago, so I am not sure how it is now with the chosen age range.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl is interested in you, she will answer the phone after you have built rapport through 5 or 6 messages.

everyone who has answered the phone to me has shown super high interest and I have had the best interactions with

if they dont answer the phone imho, you are their back up man, and she will go wishy washy etc depending on first guys behaviour

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both should have their place in the way you communicate with women.

never cold call a chick. I will only call after some texting.

only call once. No more calling until we meet. Period.

Texting:
*Less is best
*Totally ok to set up a date over text.

*No deep/serious conversations over text.
*Texting is NOT going to work wonders for you if you are needy, overtalkative through text, not witty, not direct.
Another solid post by @Glassguy. I've just highlighted some for the lazy azz mofos that they should adhere to.

Also as someone else mentioned, calling should be done at BOTH of your conveniences and when both of you have set aside some time to talk or aren't doing anything. Otherwise you don't want to be that annoying person that calls at the worst moments.

bario

Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer calling, but really many don't answer the call! Do you guys leave voicemail or call again in couple hours before nexting?

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To text or call? Interesting question. Both should have their place in the way you communicate with women.
Calling:
*I never cold call a chick. I will only call after some texting. Its super awkward to just call out of the blue after getting her number. Calling is for setting up a date. And why would you just call someone to ask them out on a date as the first interaction when they have clearly not done anything warranting us being interested in them to the point we want to spend our valuable time with them?
*I generally will call a chick for the first time while I know she is on her phone and available. If she texts me something like "oh im just hanging out at home", I will call. I spend a lot of time driving, so I generally just say "hey what's up....I'm driving so I can't text....." when she answers.
On the flip side, if I know she just texted me and immediately rejects my call, I WILL NOT reach out to her again (both text and call) until I hear back from her. Or never again.....either is fine. If she tries to text me right after I call, I just text back "I'm driving....give me a call later". Make her invest by calling you back.
*I keep a phone call to under 5 minutes. During that 5 minutes I am paying attention to her excitement level of me calling, if she can hold a conversation, how she sounds, etc. On more than dozens of occasions I have not contacted or replied to a chick after a 5 minute phone call if she sounds bored, stupid, manly voice, etc. I just disappear.
During that 5 minutes, I make sure it's light conversation and invite her for a drink. Its a yes, counter offer or I'm gone. "I'll let you know", "we'll see".....they don't hear from me again. Unless they reach back out in a timely manner to let me know they are free.
*I only call once. No more calling until we meet. Period. If she calls me between my initial phone call and the date, I keep it to a 5 minute, light convo. Tell her I gotta run and see her at the date.
*People can hide a boring/lackluster personality on text. I want to see how she talks before I go drop $40 on an appetizer and drinks.

Texting:
*Less is best
*Totally ok to set up a date over text. Get the date (set it up within the next 3 days) and then sit back and see if she reaches out. If she does, light banter ("Hey you...thinking about me again I see?) and then get back off your phone. Less is best.
*No deep/serious conversations over text. Or on a date. Or ever. Keep it light and fun.
*I sporadically use 2 emojis in text. Wink face and thinking face. That's it. No "LOL" and for crying out loud, no kissy face emojis. Less is best.
*Texting is NOT going to work wonders for you if you are needy, overtalkative through text, not witty, not direct. After a few messages, simply say "seems like we have some things in common. Let's grab a drink and see if there is some vibe when we are together"....set up the date and back off.

Both texting and calls have their purpose and both work. I'm better on the phone than I am texting but I can do both.

The main thing is, and I know this blows some guy's minds......I am screening HER to see if I want to meet in person. And I would much rather waste 5 minutes of my life calling a chick than spend an hour talking face to face to a boring @ss chick while paying to fill her belly full of potato skins and $8 drinks, while I wish I was doing something else more productive than talking to a rock for personality. I can get a great gauge on a chick's personality through that 5 min call. And its ok to ghost after the call and not waste your time on a date with her, when you could spend that time meeting another or doing something you like doing.

Abundance is a good thing. Be picky. Use both text and calls to screen and qualify these women to see if they're worth your time.
What about a girl you've been on a date with once? School is on holidays so we can't meet. Do you text or call

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling is the best, but most girls don't pick up the phone and will see you as needy or too invested because you've called. When it works, it works but most of the time I think it's better not to call.
I will try it again next time.
This is completely wrong. Interest level dictates her phone availability. If she likes you, she will pick up the phone or call you back.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well no right or wrong imo.
Calling is way more direct approach and gets you instant answers because you can read her body language/ tone of voice etc.

On the flipsidel text is ofc less persona and still it does indeed require her to engage in the convo and will also be an IOI. Both methods however does in the end require her to invest in the convo.

If she doesn't invest into it whether is a text a direct phone call, well then....
You have the answer.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm mikedee the guy she might date.
Why didn't you close the deal on the the day of the call and arranged up a time/day for the meeting, (The date)?
I would have done that straight away on that call.

That's like making a random cold sales call, but not asking the prospecting customer to buy your product which is sort of pointless waste of time. Next time you call the customer (in your case; the girl) they have likely lost interest in your offer or bought it from the competition.
You should "Always be closing" to use an old sales term.

1623260177625.png

Last edited: