Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Calling is so much better than Texting

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Old School players were so right! I decided to just call this girl instead of texting her. We had a really great conversation and easly secured a date for this thursday. Instead of some boring text with useless banter i just called her and was really direct on the phone.

I finally understand why old school players suggest we call and never text, i feel like for people with terrible text game like me we should avoid it as much as possible.

From now on I will just call every girl instead of texting.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Old School players were so right! I decided to just call this girl instead of texting her. We had a really great conversation and easly secured a date for this thursday. Instead of some boring text with useless banter i just called her and was really direct on the phone.

I finally understand why old school players suggest we call and never text, i feel like for people with terrible text game like me we should avoid it as much as possible.

Which would you recommend if someone is bad at both text game and conversations?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that I think of it... I've got 7 numbers since I've been day gaming. Only one translated to a date. That girl I called first. Then texted after the initial 10-15 min conversation. I didn't call any of the others. They all ghosted or flaked.

Read for FREE!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree but with a big if. If you are able to get the woman to answer the phone. Starting in the early 2010s, I found that more challenging.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason why you like calling over texting, is because women have no plausible deniability in phone calls, they can't say "Oh I didn't see that" or "Oh I didn't know".

The phone call is a great test, if she never entertains a phone call you are dealing with somebody who will lie by omission and look for any plausible deniability that exists which means you always need to be asking her questions and getting the full story, it's exhausting but if you don't, she won't have a need to lie, at least if you can catch her in a lie you know for sure this isn't it

Read for FREE!

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Talking on the phone is much much more preferable IMO however it's a double edge sword. It's definitely a lost art and I personally love it.

Modern day guys may not be comfortable doing that because it's not the norm in today's dating scene. I was growing up in the 1980/90's so that was the norm and one of the things I loved about it was that you can hear the girl's enthusiasm about you by giggling and laughing. I miss it most because I used to get girls playing with their pvssies lol.

On the other hand, it could work against you if you sound weird or "creepy" on the phone. If you fumble the phone call, I'm willing to guarantee that she may text you the next day or the day after that and flake because she's going to immediately text/call her girl friend(s) and tell them you sounded "weird" on the phone. It's never happened to me but I know for a fact Women will do this.

If you have a smooth, calm, Manly voice... her enthusiasm about you and meeting up with you will definitely increase. This HAS happened to me and after the call, she immediately texted me saying "I really liked your voice, look forward to seeing you!"

Work on your conversation skills and tonality. You'll be good to go.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girls who were into me always wanted me to call them. If the girls wants you to call her, she will answer. It's a mixed bag when they dont have sexual interest in you.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling is real time and there is the tone component to talking that you can't get from texting. It's hard to bs each other in real time.
As @In2theGame stated though, it can work against you if you're socially awkward or don't have good conversation skills.

It can definitely help you though if you're quick witted, have a good voice, are funny, and just good in general conversations.

One thing though to novices is that you have to know how to answer and pass all phone $hit tests they may give you. This could be the difference in getting a date or not. This is where quick thinking, wit, and humor come into play.

Read for FREE!

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling is real time and there is the tone component to talking that you can't get from texting. It's hard to bs each other in real time.
As @In2theGame stated though, it can work against you if you're socially awkward or don't have good conversation skills.

It can definitely help you though if you're quick witted, have a good voice, are funny, and just good in general conversations.

One thing though to novices is that you have to know how to answer and pass all phone $hit tests they may give you. This could be the difference in getting a date or not. This is where quick thinking, wit, and humor come into play.
"This is where quick thinking, wit, and humor come into play."

Which a lot of boys unfortunately were not trained to do. I picked it up from being around the right people, but I suspect these days, most boys don't have the environment that lets them practice that.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think calling to set up the date is always preferable. However, for rapport building with little effort texting is actually preferable. Calling just to call comes off needy. But you can send an easy text that’s light-hearted here or there.

Use both.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

It just means you suck at texting. Do what works for you, but people who suck at texting need to stop claiming something is better just because they aren't good at it.

I do both and am very good with both. The goal should be to excel at both, not pretend one method is better because both work well when done right.

Read for FREE!

Rocnavy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling is the best, but most girls don't pick up the phone and will see you as needy or too invested because you've called. When it works, it works but most of the time I think it's better not to call.
I will try it again next time.
Not true calling a woman will not make you looked needy now if you're constantly calling and she's not answering then yeah but nothing wrong with calling once or maybe twice and if she don't answer just leave her a text or voice-mail and let her call you back. If she doesn't return your call then that mean she's not interested in you.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Beautiful! Old school is everything, man.

Texting is only used for very, very briefs exchanges. Calling is an act of confidence and actual personal effort. And real-life interactions are what humans were meant for.

Proud of you brother and I'm glad you see the value of it.

Modern Man Advice

Read for FREE!

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I prefer the phone where possible.

But even women my age (Gen X) are active text-ers in my experience. They like the convenience and the privacy associated with avoiding a voice conversation. I can understand that.

So it’s probably like 80% text and 20% voice phone with many of them.

Last edited:

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't do that. I think you got lucky, trying to call is counter productive, unless you had a very deep connection with the girl you've met. I would try to call after you've established some "comfort" by text, when it's clear that there is something going between you and her.
I would avoid calling right off the bat after getting the #.
I met her on OLD we had a bit of texting and i asksd for her number, instead of texting i just called

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they don't like random calls from guys because they are in a weak situation where they can't control the interaction. They can't play little games on the phone because it's live.
who cares what they like, I wont meet a woman anymore unless shes spoke to me on the phone first. The ones who have failed to speak on the phone are always the ones , who faff around, and withdraw the goods/flake

Comply or bye

Read for FREE!

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
they don't like random calls from guys because they are in a weak situation where they can't control the interaction. They can't play little games on the phone because it's live.
Also with texting, they can text a dozen guys at the same time. With calling you have her full attention. It was a lot easier to get a conversation going as well.

who cares what they like, I wont meet a woman anymore unless shes spoke to me on the phone first. The ones who have failed to speak on the phone are always the ones , who faff around, and withdraw the goods/flake

Comply or bye
100% on the money here

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100% on the money here
Also you will msg something fun, you would have meant with a smile on your face,(perhaps not worded 100% perfect) and her ego protected by social media will think you are ridiculing her