Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crypto trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's not sales material, it was something posted to twitter based on a valuation model. You have been on the sidelines calling it scam since 3k while all of major tech and finance has got on board. There will be many boom and bust cycles all while trending up.
The new angle on crypto is the energy used, wasted would be a better term. The greenhouse gas emissions from crypto mining just might be what tips the scale for climate change and destroys modern civilization all for the sake of some pointless nerdcoin. You can add that to the reasons for regulating (and taxing) it, all of which is coming soon. The irs just announced this week they want reporting of every btc transaction over 10k. Eventually every transaction will be tracked and traced, just like chinacoin does now. Fedcoin is coming to eat your bitcoin.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course there will be new rules and regs, it's an emerging asset class and is part of the process. Most mining is already done my renewables and the competitive nature forces mining to flow where there is cheap or excess energy. I know you really want it to fail so you feel better about not participating but it's here to stay. Got to expand your investment decisions beyond listening to Schiff, dent and rogers.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fedcoin is just digital (fiat) dollar, more of the same, as the Eurocoin will be. It will give the central banks the ability to print even more money. An interesting watch on this topic if you have 30 minutes:

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fedcoin is just digital (fiat) dollar, more of the same, as the Eurocoin will be. It will give the central banks the ability to print even more money. An interesting watch on this topic if you have 30 minutes:

The difference between bitcoin and any central bank coin is that the latter will most definitely be inflationary which will have the same issues we have now. It is comical when detractors say a CBDC is going to ruin bitcoins value prop

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean? are you talking about the fees an exchange rate CAN-US? I have some bitcoin and I've been thinking about trying to trade but I've heard that if you're not American, it's not worth it because of the fees and everything..
Spread is the price you pay after fees and everything. I think it’s 8% on my app.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The new angle on crypto is the energy used, wasted would be a better term. The greenhouse gas emissions from crypto mining just might be what tips the scale for climate change and destroys modern civilization all for the sake of some pointless nerdcoin. You can add that to the reasons for regulating (and taxing) it, all of which is coming soon. The irs just announced this week they want reporting of every btc transaction over 10k. Eventually every transaction will be tracked and traced, just like chinacoin does now. Fedcoin is coming to eat your bitcoin.
That will soon be Bitcoin only...once Ethereum 2.0 comes out the energy used will drop by 99.95% minimum as they switch to proof of stake versus proof of work.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Oh well. I’m out of crypto for the time being. I made a good return and waiting for bear market to sink in then re-assess entry
Bitcoin is going to hit 100K by the end of the year...most likely well before the end of the year.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
We’ll see. I don’t think so
Not everyone buys that this is a bear market now, including some who use data driven analytics. In 2013 Bitcoin crashed 81% of its value right before rallying 2000%. While he doesn't see it doing that much again, he still thinks we are in the middle of a bull cycle and could even push to somewhere between $100,000- $288,000 before it's done

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not everyone buys that this is a bear market now, including some who use data driven analytics. In 2013 Bitcoin crashed 81% of its value right before rallying 2000%. While he doesn't see it doing that much again, he still thinks we are in the middle of a bull cycle and could even push to somewhere between $100,000- $288,000 before it's done

Yeah but I’d rather wait till it’s for sure in a bear market and it has nowhere to go but up

Marcosuve

Banned
Reaction score
I think also needed quality software skills for this in programming.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wouldn't advise anyone to be getting involved in bitcoin

great if you can get in and out on the swing but aside from that you may aswell put your money on the roulette wheel

the concept of decentralised digital currency is inherently flawed because it will never be allowed to become mainstream and without it becoming mainstream and a real world asset/ commodity it's just worthless digital junk

inflation cannot be controlled with bitcoin
Tax can be evaded easily with bitcoin
Autonomy is readily available with bitcoin

sounds fantastic but ask yourselves in the big brother society we live in why any central gov or bank would allow this to happen ?

Crypto is only worth what someone below you in the pyramid is willing to pay

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think there's two discussions going on in this thread. One is if crypto is a viable currency in the long term future. The other one is whether we can make money from it now. I'm in it for the latter and nothing more. :up:

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wouldn't advise anyone to be getting involved in bitcoin

great if you can get in and out on the swing but aside from that you may aswell put your money on the roulette wheel

the concept of decentralised digital currency is inherently flawed because it will never be allowed to become mainstream and without it becoming mainstream and a real world asset/ commodity it's just worthless digital junk

inflation cannot be controlled with bitcoin
Tax can be evaded easily with bitcoin
Autonomy is readily available with bitcoin

sounds fantastic but ask yourselves in the big brother society we live in why any central gov or bank would allow this to happen ?

Crypto is only worth what someone below you in the pyramid is willing to pay

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Bitcoin is a revolution disguised as a get rich quick scheme"

I'm in it for the latter and nothing more
That's how I started, being in this space for more than a year convinced me the former in inevitable.

but it will never replace FIAT I think.
That's fine, throughout history there have been all kinds of money, they can coexist.

Not everyone buys that this is a bear market now, including some who use data driven analytics.
I believe this run still has room in it, until November-December.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That article is clickbait garbage.
"clients and beyond are largely treating it as a new asset class" says goldman. But the misleading headline is that goldman itself is endorsing btc. The article just says other entities are buying btc, not that goldman is buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.