Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is the Night of January 1 The Easiest Day of the Year to Get Laid

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In 2011, Roosh wrote an article about that the night of January 1 was the easiest night of the year to get laid at the bars.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150413...v.com/the-easiest-day-of-the-year-to-get-laid

Has anyone here ever tried that? Anyone planning to go out tonight?

There were two years since 2011 where I tried it and didn't get laid. I found things to be especially dead in the years I tried it. The night before, New Year's Eve, is usually the big night out. However, New Year's Eve is often a couples heavy night.

Roosh made the point that women who go out of the night of January 1 are horny, definitely single, and more motivated to get laid.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the easiest day of the year to catch Covid and get laid down by it.
There have been 10 years since that article was written and there were many opportunities to go out on the night of January 1 before a pandemic hit.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
everyone is back in town to visit family and tend to go out to the bars the night before
So the night before Thanksgiving? Does that work more in a smaller area (less than 200,000 population) where high school graduates typically leave the area to go to bigger cities? Or is that a thing in the bigger cities?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can only speak to my personal experience in bigger cities.
I don't think I ever tried bars on the night before Thanksgiving. I've lived in bigger cities since college graduation.

I tried the night of January 1 thing at the bars a couple of times and didn't notice it was any easier to get laid that night.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Yep, NYE in bars is usually a couples/LTR celebration and party night similar to a dating anniversary event. I’ve found the best winter/fall lay time is anytime in the two months prior to the Tday. Single women are usually thinking about and wanting a man to spend the holidays with …

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, NYE in bars is usually a couples/LTR celebration and party night similar to a dating anniversary event. I’ve found the best winter/fall lay time is anytime in the two months prior to the Tday. Single women are usually thinking about and wanting a man to spend the holidays with …
I agree that single people should avoid NYE in bars. It was easy to do that this past year with the pandemic. NYE is a very established couples heavy event.

#1 Thanksgiving Eve

#2 Halloween
Roosh's argument against Halloween as a good day for getting laid was solid.

http://web.archive.org/web/20150413...v.com/the-easiest-day-of-the-year-to-get-laid

Lots of men make the Halloween argument. I see Halloween as having the big group problem and more attention whoring than actual interest in sex.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Don't forget valentines day, if she is single on that day it is easy as pie
I get your point. But do single women go out on V-Day? It’s mostly couples and some single dudes trying their chances. I’m sure there are some horny lonely women that day, but they would probably Tinder-max rather than physically go out to meet a dude.

SW, I concede your point on Halloween. It is major AW-ing.

I think the bottom line is a guy needs to be a bit of a contrarian and not pick dates that are too stereotypically “popular/easy” for scoring. Otherwise, he’s headed for a couple’s (or worse) sausage fest.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget valentines day, if she is single on that day it is easy as pie
Roosh argued against that common male argument too.

But do single women even go out on V-Day? It’s mostly couples and some single dudes trying their chances.

I’m sure there are some horny lonely women that day, but they would probably Tinder-max rather than physically go out to meet a dude.
Yes

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can see that.

In my experience, February 13th is a great night as well. Lots of single women out and about, stewing over the fact that yet another Valentine's Day is upon them, and they still don't have a boyfriend.
Women who are going out in the 1 week run up to Valentine's Day may be thinking more about love than sex. However, they might be more about to pleasant, non-biatchy interactions with men. That's a positive even if it doesn't result in a same night lay.

I recall one Valentine's Day at the bars where I met a woman, had a pleasant interaction, got her number, and ended up on dates with her. I think it was a "two dates, no sex" interaction before the flake job.

The whole January 1-February 14 time period features women who are more motivated. In early January, a lot of people go on the swipe apps because they were pisssed they had to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with the family without a significant other. They're also pisssed about no midnight kiss on New Year's Eve. You have a more motivated audience for both sexes during that time period. I think the motivated is more evident on the swipe apps than real life in this period, but real life approaching in the first 6 weeks of the calendar year in normal years is still better than typical.

The worst time of the year to be trying to find new dates from either cold approach or swipe apps is from November 15-December 31. Women are busy with holiday obligations and family stuff. Getting on someone's calendar for a date is a low priority. The only looking for new dates that's doing in this time is through social circle. Private residence parties are typical decent options but these likely didn't happen in 2020 due to COVID.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYE is further down the list for me.
Halloween would be my top holiday. Reason being women reason that it is their alter ego and Guys can pick a costume that gives off a more sexual /rugged vibe than their everyday wardrobe.
I'm also going to suggest Super Bowl Sunday since you have 1) day drinking 2) Party atmosphere 3) multiple locations to go

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYE is further down the list for me.
Halloween would be my top holiday. Reason being women reason that it is their alter ego and Guys can pick a costume that gives off a more sexual /rugged vibe than their everyday wardrobe.
I'm also going to suggest Super Bowl Sunday since you have 1) day drinking 2) Party atmosphere 3) multiple locations to go
Super Bowl Sunday in my social circle became a couples-centric, NYE style holiday. I stopped participating years ago.

I've never heard of a lot of guys getting same night lays on Super Bowl Sunday.

I wasn't asking about NYE, I was asking about the night of January 1, the night after NYE.

Cinco de Mayo is coming up. I don't think Cinco de Mayo is anything special for getting laid.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think this would depend on which day New Years Day (NYD) falls on. If it weren’t for COVID, having 1/1 land on a Saturday would be pretty favorable for pickup.

On the other hand, if NYE were a Sunday night and NYD a Monday, then NYD would likely be dead.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this would depend on which day New Years Day (NYD) falls on. If it weren’t for COVID, having 1/1 land on a Saturday would be pretty favorable for pickup.

On the other hand, if NYE were a Sunday night and NYD a Monday, then NYD would likely be dead.
In my experience, this has the potential to be true. The two years that I went out on the night of January 1 to test Roosh's idea were both weekdays if I remember correctly. However, Roosh wrote...

" Sometimes New Year’s Day falls on a dud day like Monday, but in any decent city there is at least one bar that is active on any given night. Go to that bar and then thank me later. There’s nothing like starting the year off with a bang "

It is possible that I didn't go to the right bars in my city the years that I tried it out.

I really can’t stand the holidays because beta male energy peaks during this time.
The holiday season is all about women and beta males. November 15-January 1 (day) is all about women, children, and betas in relationships and/or betas with families. Single, unattached men do not benefit at all during this 6 week period. Additionally, it becomes more difficult to find dates during this time, especially with swipe apps. Cold approaching is also less fruitful during this time. Before the pandemic, holiday private residence parties were worthwhile for social circle date finding. Much of that scene has been reduced the last 2 years.