Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are you guys gonna get the COVID vaccine shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the way the "body" works. It's common sense. It's not a belief. If your body is exposed enough to something enough, it will naturally develop it's own immunity to it. Vaccines may save "some" lives but it doesn't allow the body to build up it's own immunity to something.

The same reason why they are now injecting small doses of peanuts to kids with peanut allergies.

Ever watch Riddick?

Ok, no more comments from me. This has been rehashed several times already.
You just described a typical 'vaccine'.

If you don't want to take this particular one(s) because you don't like the rushed nature of it, I understand that. I'm in the same boat, though I'll likely eventually get it. There's certainly a difference in this vaccine, and the ones that babies get, that are more permanent and have proof of effectiveness. But pretending that your own body will build immunity through repeated exposure to something - well, maybe I guess, but you're also taking a crazy chance. That might be possible with COVID, but I'm not taking my chances with diphtheria and other sh*t that wiped people out before vaccines.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
No plans on getting it either. No peer review with a rushed vaccine. You must like playing Russian roulette to see if nothing happens. Gov't knows it's not really that effective as you still need to wear a mask and you need a booster every 6 months to a year. Doesn't make logical sense, but many people are getting it. Over 50% of people in Connecticut have received the vaccine.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It's the way the "body" works. It's common sense. It's not a belief. If your body is exposed enough to something enough, it will naturally develop it's own immunity to it. Vaccines may save "some" lives but it doesn't allow the body to build up it's own immunity to something.

The same reason why they are now injecting small doses of peanuts to kids with peanut allergies.

Ever watch Riddick?

Ok, no more comments from me. This has been rehashed several times already.
Not exactly, but I get your point and what you are trying to express.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got the 1st dose of Moderna two weeks ago. No side effects except arm was sore for about 12 hours. Get second in 2 weeks. I can see the argument for both sides but I would rather take a vaccine that may prevent Covid than get Covid.

Granted, most of us are probably not in the danger zone even if we were to contract it. Doesn't stop some posters on this forum acting like it is the Bubonic Plague.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the fence with it. On one hand I would like to play russian roulette on the side effects and see if I am okay and also know I could be doing my part as a good citizen so the vaccine head count reaches a critical mass and restrictions are removed because of herd immunity. On the other hand, if there is a nasty side effect I may feel I got into a trap as I waa doing fine before.

I am eying astrozenica as its the only one available for 40 year olds in Ontario and its a normal vaccine like polio or smallpox unlike the mRna wizardery that has people nervous.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
absolutley not

1) the "vaccine" is potentially far more dangerous to me than "covid" given ive allegedly had it around 3 times and been absolutley fine

2) it usually takes between 6 & 10 years for a vaccine to clear clinical trails and FDA approval they have somehow done this in 6 months against a virus they claimed to know absolutely nothing about 12 months ago ( which i find absolutely baffling )

3) on the announce of the 90% vaccine the pfizer chairman dumped something like 50 million worth of stock and share price has been flatlining ever since

pretty odd considering the company was the first to annouce the effective keys to a goldmine

far far too much doesn't add up for me with covid the overall timeline looks very suspicious

its either been horrendously exaggerated by media and gov or its a worldwide hoax that a lot of very powerful people have spent a lot of time and money planning for the last 20 years

either way i want nothing to do with their vaccine or "new normal"

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately that is not how public health works. Hence, why children can’t go to public school without adhering to the vaccination schedule.
Standardized education and the school system are trash so I'm okay with that. I rather home school my children and have a real education. But thanks for the comment.

Modern Man Advice

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Standardized education and the school system are trash so I'm okay with that. I rather home school my children and have a real education. But thanks for the comment.

Modern Man Advice
Yes. That is my point. Those who want to isolate to an individualist society are free to do so.

However, in public the measures each of us takes affects others. That’s why in many Asian countries, a sick person coughing in public is considered disrespectful. The US is headed there eventually. Masks aren’t going anywhere. Ironically, the more people refuse vaccines the longer the masks will stay.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep. Got the AstraZeneca in Feb. Second shot next week. Mild fever which went with a couple of paracetamols. Better than getting Covid.
Yeah man, The Plague is a fictional work...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
absolutley not

1) the "vaccine" is potentially far more dangerous to me than "covid" given ive allegedly had it around 3 times and been absolutley fine

2) it usually takes between 6 & 10 years for a vaccine to clear clinical trails and FDA approval they have somehow done this in 6 months against a virus they claimed to know absolutely nothing about 12 months ago ( which i find absolutely baffling )

3) on the announce of the 90% vaccine the pfizer chairman dumped something like 50 million worth of stock and share price has been flatlining ever since

pretty odd considering the company was the first to annouce the effective keys to a goldmine

far far too much doesn't add up for me with covid the overall timeline looks very suspicious

its either been horrendously exaggerated by media and gov or its a worldwide hoax that a lot of very powerful people have spent a lot of time and money planning for the last 20 years

either way i want nothing to do with their vaccine or "new normal"
All good info.

Another one I forgot to mention:
- NONE of the Vaccines are fully approved by the FDA. It has only been given "Emergency Use Authorization" which absolves them from any liability if anything happens. That means if a lot of people start experiencing side effects later down the road, you can't go after the government.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't agree more with this. I'm a healthcare provider and getting the vaccination is the furthest thing from my mind. People look at you like you're a psycho in my state (Massachusetts) if you haven't gotten it - but I always default to the answer: "It's my body and my choice. I am young and healthy and I am not worried about getting COVID."

Also, I find it ridiculous that if you get the vaccine you still need to wear a mask. What is the point then? Extra safety? Should we just all stay in our houses forever and never go out in public to stay 'safe'? Why don't we address all of the comorbidities people have that can exacerbate COVID? Nah, not here in America. Keep smoking cigarettes! Keep eating poorly and avoiding exercise, but make sure you get your shot!

Krispy Kreme is giving everyone a free donut if you get a shot......can't make this shiit up.
Keep ignoring the M@ssholes. From what I know and have read about them, they tend to be sanctimonious and over-indulge in virtue signaling. When Southerners refer to "Yankees" they're not talking about people from NYC, they're talking about New Englanders. Their sanctimony is why they're disdained (remember, Mass is Puritan country).

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, I find it ridiculous that if you get the vaccine you still need to wear a mask. What is the point then? Extra safety? Should we just all stay in our houses forever and never go out in public to stay 'safe'? Why don't we address all of the comorbidities people have that can exacerbate COVID? Nah, not here in America. Keep smoking cigarettes! Keep eating poorly and avoiding exercise, but make sure you get your shot!
There is no scientific reason a vaccinated person needs to wear a mask. The point of still mandating masks in public is because there is no way to know who is vaccinated and who isn’t. If the masks come off for some, they essentially come off for all. That completely destroys the epidemiological benefit of wearing them.

For an example of relaxing restrictions and mask wearing in an unvaccinated population, look at India. People are dying outside of hospitals because they don’t have any more beds.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes. That is my point. Those who want to isolate to an individualist society are free to do so.

However, in public the measures each of us takes affects others. That’s why in many Asian countries, a sick person coughing in public is considered disrespectful. The US is headed there eventually. Masks aren’t going anywhere. Ironically, the more people refuse vaccines the longer the masks will stay.
I respect your opinion.

However, I am unsure how you deducted "individualist society" from my opinion about standardized education. Children can still and should be encouraged to socialize and live in a community, just not be educated by a flawed system. Understand the difference?

Sounds like you're trying to rationalize people's opinions to find righteousness. But I do find it quite amusing you mention an individualized society which is exactly where we are going with this pandemic. Amusing indeed.

But again, I respect your opinion. You are entitled to it. If you want to be a sheep and line up like cattle, that is your call brother. Best of luck in your endevours.

Status
Not open for further replies.