"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Call a girl out on two word text responses?

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
This girl I've been chatting with always responds, but is very short. Typically two, maybe 3 word answers. Could that just be her texting style?

Or is it always a sign of low interest?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
I hadn't texted her in two weeks. Tonight was the first time I reached out to her.
 

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
Why is she responding then? It's clearly not for attention, because we went two weeks without talking.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
375
Reaction score
487
Age
32
Why is she responding then? It's clearly not for attention, because we went two weeks without talking.
Just ask her out bro. MAYBE her texting style is like that but I doubt it. Only way to find out is by asking her out and see what she responds. Maybe post some screenshots of the texts here if you really want help.
 

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
March 31st
Me: One of these weekends we should have a rematch in pool
Her: Ya?
Me: Yeah, you were a good time
(no response from her)

April 16th
Me: Hope your week is going well
Her: Hey how r u?
Me: Good, afternoon dragged. How are things?
Her: Okay lol
Me: That doesn't sound reassuring lol
(no response from her)

I'm trying to be mysterious, while not double texting. It just doesn't seem like she's giving me much to work with to initiate asking her out again.
 

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 30, 2015
Messages
375
Reaction score
487
Age
32
March 31st
Me: One of these weekends we should have a rematch in pool
Her: Ya?
Me: Yeah, you were a good time
(no response from her)

April 16th
Me: Hope your week is going well
Her: Hey how r u?
Me: Good, afternoon dragged. How are things?
Her: Okay lol
Me: That doesn't sound reassuring lol
(no response from her)

I'm trying to be mysterious, while not double texting. It just doesn't seem like she's giving me much to work with to initiate asking her out again.
This is dead. Move on to other prospects.
 

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
Well she said "Ya?" Like she was waiting for me to ask her again. But I didn't, I played it cool.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
You guys give up too easily. I mean, she responds, she asks questions. I think we might be writing this one off a little to soon. I'm going to see how it plays out.
 

TheProspect

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2016
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,826
Or is it always a sign of low interest?
Usually, but not always.

You'll find out her interest level when you attempt to plan a date and escalate on said date. So do that.

I'm currently seeing a chick who texts similarly to the girl you mentioned. It's just the way she texts. However, she shows up when I make plans and allows to me escalate. That's all that matters.

Don't get too wrapped up in one particular girl's texting style, and definitely don't call her out on it.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,085
This girl I've been chatting with always responds, but is very short. Typically two, maybe 3 word answers. Could that just be her texting style?

Or is it always a sign of low interest?
If she is seeing you and fvcking you don't worry about it. I am dating a woman like this now. She hates texting and sends short responses but always sees me and we fvck like rabbits.
 

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
We're not fvcking. We met up once in early March. We've kept in touch here and there.

Keep in mind, I have not asked her out since then. Why? I don't know.

Guys, what's really weird is I have 5 plates right now, 3 of them are more "attractive" than her, but it's always the one that plays hard to get or isn't interested that I want.

My attachment style has been like this since I was young. I don't know what the deal is. It's almost like I enjoy this feeling or something.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,860
Reaction score
19,085
We're not fvcking. We met up once in early March. We've kept in touch here and there.

Keep in mind, I have not asked her out since then. Why? I don't know.

Guys, what's really weird is I have 5 plates right now, 3 of them are more "attractive" than her, but it's always the one that plays hard to get or isn't interested that I want.

My attachment style has been like this since I was young. I don't know what the deal is. It's almost like I enjoy this feeling or something.
Likely she isn't interested at this time. Try again in a couple weeks.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
1,907
Reaction score
2,437
OP, I have the answer to your question in this thread right HERE.....

Please read it in full and gain wisdom (should be a quick 2 minute read, it wasn't a long post)..
 

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
March 31st
Me: One of these weekends we should have a rematch in pool
Her: Ya?
Me: Yeah, you were a good time
(no response from her)

April 16th
Me: Hope your week is going well
Her: Hey how r u?
Me: Good, afternoon dragged. How are things?
Her: Okay lol
Me: That doesn't sound reassuring lol
(no response from her)

I'm trying to be mysterious, while not double texting. It just doesn't seem like she's giving me much to work with to initiate asking her out again.
A good rule of thumb is to never send “how are you” texts out of the blue or to check in out of nowhere. If you do initiate texts it should be lighthearted/fun and simple - not asking her how her day/week is going. That’s boring and makes you look very available for bullsh1t chit chat. Not a good look in early phase dating.
 

GreatHornedOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 11, 2010
Messages
382
Reaction score
313
Age
43
What's wrong with saying "How are you?" lol. And it's a bad thing to check in? I'm confused.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top