"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Texting Only For Logistics?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
I've always had some banter here and there qith women through text to keep them engaged, but when some guys suggest Texting only for logistics it got me thinking.

What do you do if you meet a woman on Sunday, and only your weekends are free. Do you just nit text her at all inbetween the week? My text game is pretty weak so I'm just wondering how best to implement this strategy.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,859
Reaction score
19,085
I've always had some banter here and there qith women through text to keep them engaged, but when some guys suggest Texting only for logistics it got me thinking.

What do you do if you meet a woman on Sunday, and only your weekends are free. Do you just nit text her at all inbetween the week? My text game is pretty weak so I'm just wondering how best to implement this strategy.
Good luck if you do that. Flake waiting to happen.
 

TheProspect

Moderator
Joined
Feb 5, 2016
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,826
Many guys on here do well with texting leading up to dates and in-between them too. Many guys here also do well using texting strictly for logistical purposes.

Men here have had success either way. The lesson: Do what works for you.

I've personally had success using both approaches in the past. Currently, I fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum -- I text between dates but I don't have drawn out conversations and I always keep it light & make sure to end the convo at a "high".

These days girl's attention spans are very short and if you give them radio silence for a few days it can give the wrong impression..... Sure it can get their hamster spinning or whatever but this can backfire with chicks who have options, or a chick with shiny option syndrome.

Text game is not black and white, and there's also not a one size fits all strategy, I approach texting different depending on the chick...

Use the strategy that works best for you, given your strengths and weaknesses. This can mean you take a blanket approach to texting and have rules, or you can calibrate your strategy like I do and do what works best in a given situation with a particular chick.
 
Top