"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

First Date during daylight

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
So I have a first date set up for Saturday afternoon. It is literally the only time that would work within the next week. We are meeting for drinks at a distillery. I feel like the mood is definitely going to be different than during the evening hours and a smash is probably extremely unlikely in the middle of the day. I've never gone on a day date outside of in an LTR -- do you DJs handle this any different? I still plan to escalate as usual - but with tempered expectations for where it will lead that day.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
So I have a first date set up for Saturday afternoon. It is literally the only time that would work within the next week. We are meeting for drinks at a distillery. I feel like the mood is definitely going to be different than during the evening hours and a smash is probably extremely unlikely in the middle of the day. I've never gone on a day date outside of in an LTR -- do you DJs handle this any different? I still plan to escalate as usual - but with tempered expectations for where it will lead that day.
What does the time of day matter? What matters is that you escalate and get her back to your place.
 

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
If she does not have an evening appointment (or another date) it is certainly possible...Venue bounce to somewhere for food then have a reason to go to one of your places..So long as you don't get too messed up along the way.

I recall a SNL where I met my female friend and her out of town friend at a Tasting room, then went to the Brewery for a bite to eat , hit a bar at sunset then walked back to my friends for wine till it was "too late for me to go home". After my friend went to a drunken slumber on her bed her out of town friend and I made good use of the couch...

I missed a quick opportunity at an 11:30 coffee date where she mentioned her place was just down the road and her kids were in school till 2....
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Generally afternoon dates, unless she has her night open as @2Rocky indicated is not conducive to smashing. Not saying it can't happen but the odds are stacked up against you.

Instead you should keep it light and fun and plant a seed in her head so that she wants to see you again under different circumstances. I personally wouldn't push for a first date bang under these conditions if you do find her interesting. If you don't really see any thing special about her then by all means go for the hail mary if you are indifferent about wanting to see her again.

I've certainly had afternoon dates before that led to SNL but those dates were long and she didn't have any plans that night.
 

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
2,576
So I have a first date set up for Saturday afternoon. It is literally the only time that would work within the next week. We are meeting for drinks at a distillery. I feel like the mood is definitely going to be different than during the evening hours and a smash is probably extremely unlikely in the middle of the day. I've never gone on a day date outside of in an LTR -- do you DJs handle this any different? I still plan to escalate as usual - but with tempered expectations for where it will lead that day.
It is pretty well known that our will decreases as the day goes by. What this means, in the dating world, is that a girl will most likely give in to our sexual advances later in the day. So yes, you are correct your chances of getting laid during a day-time date are slightly less.

However, if you handle the date, lead in the same way you do at evening/night dates, bring your A-game, and play your cards right it shouldn't matter one bit. At the end of the day (pun intended), if a girl wants you, she will make her ser available and give in to your leadership. Meaning, although you should never go on a date with an agenda or expectations, continue being intentional and sexualize as needed. Sex happens during day time too.

If anything, use this as a challenge and learning experience. It is always good to try new things, expand your routines and horizon. This is great, brother.

Hope this helps,
Modern Man Advice
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,862
Reaction score
19,086
So I have a first date set up for Saturday afternoon. It is literally the only time that would work within the next week. We are meeting for drinks at a distillery. I feel like the mood is definitely going to be different than during the evening hours and a smash is probably extremely unlikely in the middle of the day. I've never gone on a day date outside of in an LTR -- do you DJs handle this any different? I still plan to escalate as usual - but with tempered expectations for where it will lead that day.
I've had several of them and it has made no difference on whether I saw them again or not.
 

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
@Barrister if you haven't already, make plans for SAT night, perhaps a date with another girl.

i.e. Don't leave your evening open in the hopes that you'll smash after the day date.
Yep - I already have plans with a group of guy-friends for Saturday evening this weekend so I won't be able to hang around forever even if the date is going well. But I agree with the advice.
 
Top