"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Should I drop my main plate?(UPDATE: Dropped)

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
As of right now I haven't heard from her today. If I don't it will be the first time since we started messaging that I haven't gotten a text on a day.

She messaged me yesterday wishing me a Happy Valentines Day and telling me about her son's hockey game, etc and I responded 3 or 4 hours later teasing her about only getting a text and no flowers and a box of chocolates.

I think at this point I am just going to take a little break from her and see what happens.
She's upset you didn't ask her out for Valentine's Day is my guess unless you already told her that you had other engagements. You still need to S&D but my guess is that is what this is about.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
I'm a human. A human who believes those types of labels are derogatory
"Man" and "woman" is derogatory? I ask because the advice you are giving in this thread is either that you are a chick or hardcore blue pill. I am genuinely curious and not judging you at all.
 

Chubb46

Banned
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
7
It is possible she is seeing someone else or at least talking with someone else I guess. She has very little time to actually meet up tho due to her having her kids and with the amount of stress she is under at work and her kid starting up hockey and having to go to games on the days when she would normally be free I find it hard to see how she would.

But like I said, it is possible.

I guess the thing that irks me a little is that we live under 10 minutes from each other. How busy can a person really be that they can't see someone that close? At some point it just means they don't want to or aren't willing to.
And how would you feel if she is dating someone else?
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,087
She's upset you didn't ask her out for Valentine's Day is my guess unless you already told her that you had other engagements. You still need to S&D but my guess is that is what this is about.
I don't feel that really...I mean we were going to meet up this past Thursday and she had work stuff to deal with. Sunday is not a day she has free to meet up so that wouldn't be it.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Chubb46

Banned
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
7
"Man" and "woman" is derogatory? I ask because the advice you are giving in this thread is either that you are a chick or hardcore blue pill. I am genuinely curious and not judging you at all.
Oh gosh the "pill thing" ...calling a woman a plate is disrespectful. What are men "saucers" "teacups".. btw im a white pill.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
I'm a human. A human who believes those types of labels are derogatory
You are entitled to your beliefs - no differently than we are also entitled to our beliefs. If our use of slang bothers you, there's always loveshack. I believe I can speak for most when I say that we didn't join this site to make you feel good. We joined to help our fellow brothers.
 

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
I don't feel that really...I mean we were going to meet up this past Thursday and she had work stuff to deal with. Sunday is not a day she has free to meet up so that wouldn't be it.
I don't know brother. Women care about these type of things. And I have had women specifically say "oh don't worry about X I am not worried about it because I have to do Y anyway." And then get burned because I didn't do X. Maybe you are right but if you didn't do anything for Valentine's Day (especially if she thinks she is the ONLY woman you are seeing as you seem to think she does) I bet this rubbed her the wrong way after 5 months.
 

Chubb46

Banned
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
7
I always assume unless we have had a discussion about being exclusive with each other that it's fair game so I can't really say anything if she is.
You have to decide what you are looking for. If she does mean something to you, then have that talk. Whats the worst that could happen, you think you'll push her away. You don't control that. If she cares or has an interest nothing would push her away. If she goes then she wasn't LTR as people say on here... material
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
Oh gosh the "pill thing" ...calling a woman a plate is disrespectful. What are men "saucers" "teacups".. btw im a white pill.
It really is no more disrespectful than things women say on women's forums about men. They're just words -- slang as @Black Widow Void put it. You still haven't answered the question and that is fine. I am going to assume you are a woman because it makes a lot of sense. You are coming on here to "challenge" all of us on our views and lingo.
 

Chubb46

Banned
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
7
You are entitled to your beliefs - no differently than we are also entitled to our beliefs. If our use of slang bothers you, there's always loveshack. I believe I can speak for most when I say that we didn't join this site to make you feel good. We joined to help our fellow brothers.
Okay "dainty teacup".. is it ok that i call you that? Teacup?
 

Chubb46

Banned
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
7
It really is no more disrespectful than things women say on women's forums about men. They're just words -- slang as @Black Widow Void put it. You still haven't answered the question and that is fine. I am going to assume you are a woman because it makes a lot of sense. You are coming on here to "challenge" all of us on our views and lingo.
I'm a "cast iron frying pan" yeah that's my label
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Max Baker

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 8, 2020
Messages
78
Reaction score
96
Age
48
Location
Melbourne, AUS
@Back in the game i think @Barrister has hit the nail on the head about Valentines Day. Her feelings for you have taken a dive after that. You've got to remember they say one thing but what they are thinking is another story. Hard to proceed from here.
You really need to work out what you want, if you want her then talk to her. If you don't really care either way then proceed as you are but don't let it affect you, i know easier said than done.
 

Chubb46

Banned
Joined
Feb 3, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
7
It really is no more disrespectful than things women say on women's forums about men. They're just words -- slang as @Black Widow Void put it. You still haven't answered the question and that is fine. I am going to assume you are a woman because it makes a lot of sense. You are coming on here to "challenge" all of us on our views and lingo.
Not challenging, voicing an opinion like everyone else.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,087
@Back in the game i think @Barrister has hit the nail on the head about Valentines Day. Her feelings for you have taken a dive after that. You've got to remember they say one thing but what they are thinking is another story. Hard to proceed from here.
You really need to work out what you want, if you want her then talk to her. If you don't really care either way then proceed as you are but don't let it affect you, i know easier said than done.
I honestly don't think that is it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top