Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does Anyone Here Still play Video Games

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I find that these days I play at most 1 hour a week, Idk if it's because modern games just don't interest me or that I have moved on from gaming. I have free time when I finish most of my daily tasks but I still choose to do other stuff.

When i was a Kid i used to love gaming for hours a day, but once i started highschool and now I just seemed to play it less and less.

Any of you guys still play games often or did you guys also go through the same thing?

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Video games, it gets old, by the time youve done with it decided to stop and enjoying life outside was a blessing, now due to covid era, normalcy has dead, im back buying a new gaming rigs, the excitement doing it all over again doesnt as exciting when i was young.

My rigs capable of handling flight sim 2020 ultra settings.. Gaming Feels so mediocre.

Witcher 3.. Ultra settings, just passing times..

Gets lazy and rewing all COD titles... Get bored easily..

Oh well.. o_O

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes, I'll be building a PC some time soon, recently been playing Hitman 2, Battlefield V and so
Battlefield V doesnt get me right.. The game like walking in the park, old stuff nothing new, only the eye candy ray tracing show.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i was younger i loved GTA series. Now i only play FIFA from time to time, if im home and have nothing to do

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play........ and when confronted by hypocrites, most of the time we agree that they spend at least the same time watching TV, Netflix, boozing etc.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to but I find myself playing briefly (hardly more than 30 min) only old videogames, basically those I was used to and require me no effort.

I really liked open world games when I was in my teens while now I avoid them..go figure.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Only game I play is 'World of Tanks' - Online team-based tank battles. 15 v 15
Used to play a lot, some years ago, as a member of a clan, and played with other members using headset to co-ordinate - Became a pretty good light tank (scout) player, and built up a few good online friendships.

When lockdown came, I looked up the guys and re-joined my old clan. It was fun these last few months rekindling old friendships - though I've now dropped back out of the clan - didn't wanna have to fit in with playing at specific times - but I'll still occasionally fire up the game and play in public random matches if I have an hour or so spare of an evening.

djreez88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that as i grow older I appreciate stategy games alot more. Open world games are so over saturated nowadays that i don't even bother anymore. I own over 200 games between systems that i only play 3 of lol

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GTA online PS4 mainly. Got a few friends dotted about the UK and we use it as
a social thing as we barely see each other in person, but all grew up together in
the same area. Yet to find a game with as many organic funny moments and fails.
Currently at level 691 with 171million GTA$ in the bank and everything in-game
worth having bought and paid for. All obtained from a considerable amount of
playtime since 2015. No shark cards purchased. It can be hilarious sometimes with a group of us playing.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 to keep up my piloting skills. Railway Empire ‘cause it’s fun to play with trains. Lots of strategy as you create routes and complex track switching. It’s very gratifying to set up routes and watch the trains make their deliveries and wait for track and station clearances that you’ve set up.
I’ve grown weary of the Battlefield series because it’s non-stop shooting and I like planning and tactics. Too much chaos with no rest in-between. At least in my version, Battlefield 1.
I get pretty much the same gratification out of coding (WebDev stack) and designing my projects in Autodesk Inventor. That’s where I spend most of my playtime these days.

The danger of video games is that they consume your sense of ambition and accomplishment. After a few hours of gaming, or even a few minutes for that matter, your brain becomes satisfied that you have accomplished a lot, but it all means nothing if those accomplishments are in the virtual world. It’s best to keep gaming time short and work to derive that satisfaction in the real world.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I play Dota 2 and Raft only.

Idk, but as I have to think about strategy, make quick decisions and effort to win or achieve something, it can have some benefits. But I try not to exceed.

I also want to split this time to came back practicing some blues on guitar and another hobbies.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The danger of video games is that they consume your sense of ambition and accomplishment. After a few hours of gaming, or even a few minutes for that matter, your brain becomes satisfied that you have accomplished a lot, but it all means nothing if those accomplishments are in the virtual world. It’s best to keep gaming time short and work to derive that satisfaction in the real world.
Problem is theres really nothing to pursue at this time, further studies comes to difficulties tied with new regulations due covid, even you get a scroll theres really no worthy job available, social all dead.. Online dating full of cracks women.. :D

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't played in a long time but ironically have all the gaming consoles(PS4, Xbox, Switch, Ipad) due to my 3 sons. Now my middle one wants a hardcore gaming PC. I don't know how to justify $2k machine for a 10yo...

I am keeping tabs on the XR landscape(VR + AR) though as I feel that will be the next big wave that will impact everyone, the young and old. I've been researching various companies to invest in. I have a feeling XR could change society to that closely resembling Stephen Spielberg's Ready Player One movie.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't played in a long time but ironically have all the gaming consoles(PS4, Xbox, Switch, Ipad) due to my 3 sons. Now my middle one wants a hardcore gaming PC. I don't know how to justify $2k machine for a 10yo...

I am keeping tabs on the XR landscape(VR + AR) though as I feel that will be the next big wave that will impact everyone, the young and old. I've been researching various companies to invest in. I have a feeling XR could change society to that closely resembling Stephen Spielberg's Ready Player One movie.
2k gaming machine will lasted about 8 years of relevance keeping up to upcoming genre quite well. You can always drop down a bit to gaming laptop consist of rtx 2060 gpu, provided that your son can drop down the details a bit for upcoming genre. You cant go wrong either way. Augmented reality has a long way to become relevant, since decade it really doesnt goes anywhere except in making movies.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2k gaming machine will lasted about 8 years of relevance keeping up to upcoming genre quite well. You can always drop down a bit to gaming laptop consist of rtx 2060 gpu, provided that your son can drop down the details a bit for upcoming genre. You cant go wrong either way. Augmented reality has a long way to become relevant, since decade it really doesnt goes anywhere except in making movies.
Thanks for the tips. I might have to hit you uplater on reco's if he does get one.

XR is a combo of AR and VR. Lots of articles out there on it and lots of developers onboard already developing for it. AR is already being used widely for various training and demonstrations as is. But if wireless phones can get the hardware along with strong development support, the wide accessibility and availability of XR will be there for the masses to consume.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people paint, some people build model cars......
Yep!
I have a whole bunch of hobbies - I've found this is far more common among men that women.
I paint and build military miniatures (and an occasional car) - I sketch - play guitar - Also own several telescopes and do astromomy-outreach work with a local organisation.
Gaming for me is just another thing I do to fill in spare time - which I've had a lot more of lately due to Covid.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Yep!
I have a whole bunch of hobbies - I've found this is far more common among men that women.
I paint and build military miniatures (and an occasional car) - I sketch - play guitar - Also own several telescopes and do astromomy-outreach work with a local organisation.
Gaming for me is just another thing I do to fill in spare time - which I've had a lot more of lately due to Covid.
I’d love to own a telescope but I live in a developed area with really bad artificial light pollution.