"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Dating on a low budget

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
I have kind of a short-term loan to pay so I'll only have like 20% of my income available for the next 4 months.
How do you deal with dating and not a lot of money?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
I have kind of a short-term loan to pay so I'll only have like 20% of my income available for the next 4 months.
How do you deal with dating and not a lot of money?
Go for a walk, quick coffee, then off to your or her place. Doesn't matter where you go as long as she's into you. The budget thing is the least important part.
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
Why would you be spending money on dating in the first place? what would you normally pay for in dating?
 

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
4,062
Reaction score
3,617
Age
33
Location
Sweden
Drinks and maybe an Uber for a first date.
But if things go well with a woman, other expenses occur as normal.
Right, so you are buying her drinks, uber and "other expenses"?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

GearsGod310

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 15, 2018
Messages
144
Reaction score
128
Age
32
Depends on the girl. If she's interested she'll do w.e the hell you program.. just make sure it's fun. Never take a girl out to dinner on the first date. First date I always do drinks at happy hour.
 

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
I'm not sure where you live, so cost of activities and living will vary obviously. Also, with corona a lot of things are closed down or are heavily modified.

I feel that unless you are in a relationship with a woman that there is NO reason to spend much at all, even if you are in a relationship you shouldn't have to. One of the things I've done several times for a first date was mini golf. There is a particular place that I went to that I've gone on these dates and it ran to like 17 bucks for myself and the woman I was with, whole thing you could stretch to about an hour which is perfect.

I think hiking can be a good idea but I don't think a lot of women would be up for it with a man who is still more or less a stranger.

Another one could be bowling. I've never taken a date bowling but when I've gone out with friends it was like 15 dollars for something that stretched well over an hour.

Other stuff could be like going to a bar and playing pool.

I feel dates that just don't involve sitting there talking but instead incorporate some sort of activity are generally better for me, though I haven't gone on a date in over a year. I feel more expensive things like taking a girl out to dinner and such are more for well after the first date when she is possible relationship material.
 

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
Right, so you are buying her drinks, uber and "other expenses"?
Nahh, I usually split the expenses with most dates.

The thing is, my budget right now will allow me to go to 6-7 dates a month or so. Which doesn't feel like much if I meet the right person.
But just by reading the replies, I can find a few ways to cut expenses. Like drinks at happy hour. I mean, once things get a little more serious, dates at my/her place should be fine.

Other suggestions are welcome.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Tell her to come directly to your place for a few drinks. Speak to her on the phone beforehand to ice break, charm her and let her know you are not a murderer - videocall if needs be.

You don't have to leave your home or spend money for anything. I had a girl uber 50 minutes to my house and brought a litre of vodka. She left after 2 hours, I kept the vodka and also caught chlamydia.

But I didn't spend a penny.
 

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Messages
213
Reaction score
448
Age
45
Tell her to come directly to your place for a few drinks. Speak to her on the phone beforehand to ice break, charm her and let her know you are not a murderer - videocall if needs be.

You don't have to leave your home or spend money for anything. I had a girl uber 50 minutes to my house and brought a litre of vodka. She left after 2 hours, I kept the vodka and also caught chlamydia.

But I didn't spend a penny.
no co-pay at the Dr? :lol:
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
no co-pay at the Dr? :lol:
I can go to my clinic without an appointment and get piss & blood tests on the spot and treatment the next day, all free
 

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
1,203
Age
45
Nahh, I usually split the expenses with most dates.

The thing is, my budget right now will allow me to go to 6-7 dates a month or so. Which doesn't feel like much if I meet the right person.
But just by reading the replies, I can find a few ways to cut expenses. Like drinks at happy hour. I mean, once things get a little more serious, dates at my/her place should be fine.

Other suggestions are welcome.
Suggest an exciting activities with her that involves less money, go for hiking, think beaches, events exhibitions, least go for movies and dinner after on.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Museums and art galleries are great too. I love art, always have and live in London so I have taken a few dates to art galleries which are free or very cheap entry, you can skip the overpriced wine if you're broke.

My advice is to get your money up then date. Myself personally, I worry and stress too much to be using up my spare cash on stupid women, but I did spend lots of time and money doing that previously so I dont blame you

Make them pay half of everything, or alternate, if they dont want to do that they are not worth LTR
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
Go for a walk, quick coffee, then off to your or her place. Doesn't matter where you go as long as she's into you. The budget thing is the least important part.
This. One of the few good things to come from Covid are cheap dates and something you can easily justify.
My go to has been coffee and walk in the park for all first dates. I might go for a bite of food during the first date and venue change if I feel the date is going well. If it's going really well, then obviously it's back to her place.

Depending on your pre-date interactions, you could always invite them over to your place for a home cooked dinner too. Find something really delicious but easy to make and cheap to source. I've done this too and have managed to created some awesome meals for under $10 total including the wine.

If the gal raises a stink to a walk, you could always tell them that you're not totally comfortable being around others in a crowd situation like in bars/restaurants due to Covid fears. This is an easy out.

I know there's a LOT of gold digger, free dinner queens suffering now because of Covid. LOL
 

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
Tell her to come directly to your place for a few drinks. Speak to her on the phone beforehand to ice break, charm her and let her know you are not a murderer - videocall if needs be.

You don't have to leave your home or spend money for anything. I had a girl uber 50 minutes to my house and brought a litre of vodka. She left after 2 hours, I kept the vodka and also caught chlamydia.

But I didn't spend a penny.
The plot twist lol
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
Never spend money on women.

The most expensive thing a woman should cost you is a hotel room to fûck her insides out. Nothing else.
 

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 28, 2008
Messages
6,536
Reaction score
4,075
Location
Inside her mind
OP you're telling me you can't quit dating for 4 months? I gave up Dating in 2018 completely I went on a 6 month stretch with no a$$
and guess what it was worth it, I made the most money I ever made in my life and than I got laid after lol
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top