Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Using a scaffold knot to help w/ closing my garage door. Good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he gets ran off the track, they'll call the offending driver the R word.

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
I backed the police in one of the shootings on a social media site. So someone I know screenshot it, published it on his page, and the R word spread like wild fire. Proof you don’t need evidence anymore to convict someone.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I backed the police in one of the shootings on a social media site. So someone I know screenshot it, published it on his page, and the R word spread like wild fire. Proof you don’t need evidence anymore to convict someone.
It's the Religion of Political Correctness sown for decades. You're a heretic in this established religion which is illegal in America btw per the constitution.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This case is a good example of something I was saying the other day.
When you start looking for racism everywhere you go, you're going to find it. Even if it isn't there.
All the Nascar drivers supported Bubba Wallace, they walked his car out before the race, so take something good from all this. See, the whole country isn't racist and trying to hold minorities down.
I'm glad there wasn't someone who actually did this. It's about the only decent thing that's happened this year.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you start looking for racism everywhere you go, you're going to find it. Even if it isn't there.
I agree. I think that this might be part of human nature?
A good example is reading a lot of forum entries here. After one, two (or more) wrong-doing's from a woman, there's suddenly a bandwagon of "all women are b1tches."

It's embarrassing to admit, but when younger and after a couple of Femme Fatale's... my radar was a little too focused expecting bad behavior - rather than welcoming each newer gal with a clean slate.

I'm also glad that there was actually nothing to the incident. In fact, it seems that the last four (supposed) 'hate-crimes' were actually false -- either orchestrated (Jussee Smollet) , premeditated (the Macey's altercation) or sensationalized journalism (the rope found on a tree in a park and of course Bubba Wallace)

With all the above being expressed, I still don't respect Bubba Wallace. After the FBI conclusion, he was on CNN still claiming that it was still a noose. It wasn't. It was a scaffold knot. He didn't mind stepping up to the plate when he thought he was a victim, but ducked his tail and ran when it came time to take ownership for an error.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. I think that this might be part of human nature?
A good example is reading a lot of forum entries here. After one, two (or more) wrong-doing's from a woman, there's suddenly a bandwagon of "all women are b1tches."
Hmm, good point, good comparison. I'm sure it is part of human nature.

With all the above being expressed, I still don't respect Bubba Wallace. After the FBI conclusion, he was on CNN still claiming that it was still a noose. It wasn't. It was a scaffold knot. He didn't mind stepping up to the plate when he thought he was a victim, but ducked his tail and ran when it came time to take ownership for an error.
I saw that interview, and true he did try to hang on to the idea of it being a noose. But from what I understand this morning he walked it back, and said that it wasn't what we were afraid it was. So I don't think he's still maintaining it's a noose. I saw a commentator on FS1 today, I thought what he said made sense. He was saying give the guy a chance to sleep on it, because he was probably afraid for his family and it probably took a little while to process that it wasn't real. I thought that sounded reasonable.

Maybe he should have waited until he had processed it before going on CNN, but I'm sure he's been getting a lot of interview requests all through this. He wasn't the one who found the noose anyway, Nascar had called him and told him there was a noose in his garage. I can't fault him for being upset. I've seen the picture he was shown, and the angle it was taken at, and how close up it was, you couldn't really tell it was a pull string. Like I said, I'm just glad there wasn't a person out there actually doing this.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@zekko

Thanks for providing a perspective that I'd yet to consider. It makes sense. There was a time when I'd always try to think what it was like to "walk a mile in someone's shoes." I need to get back to doing that.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for providing a perspective that I'd yet to consider.
Unfortunately, it sounds like the NASCAR president is still trying to push the idea that it was a real noose. It was really his mistake in the first place, and doesn't want to admit he was wrong. Seems more than a little pathetic, and worse, dangerous in these current times. The last thing we need is amping up the racial tension, although that's what we're seeing as people try to keep things stirred up for political gain.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@zekko

Thanks for providing a perspective that I'd yet to consider. It makes sense. There was a time when I'd always try to think what it was like to "walk a mile in someone's shoes." I need to get back to doing that.
This is also a good example of the media stoking the fires on both sides. It's very easy to get angry at just a headline or photo. Watching or reading the news is seeing reality through a soda straw.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is also a good example of the media stoking the fires on both sides. It's very easy to get angry at just a headline or photo. Watching or reading the news is seeing reality through a soda straw.
When I was growing up the FCC had something called the Fairness Doctrine, which required news broadcasts to be unbiased, and to present different sides of the issues. And while you could often detect a slight tilt in the news, it was basically fair and they did offer different viewpoints. There was only a limited number of channels back then though, and after cable and the internet arrived they did away with the Fairness Doctrine in 1987. Now basically every news network (and even the sports networks) have their own agenda which dictates which way they present and spin the news. Sometimes I miss the old days. Sonny.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was growing up the FCC had something called the Fairness Doctrine, which required news broadcasts to be unbiased,....
This was one of my main beefs with Reagan. I went to school for broadcasting and got my FCC license in 1988 (the year after Reagan did away with this). The books from which we studied, were a couple of years old and talked about the "Fairness Doctrine Act."

After a couple of years in broadcasting, I could already see how things were turning. Within the year, I was being 'courted' by the "cool station" (the one that nearly everybody listened to). I turned them down, and eventually quit my potential career. Friends and family thought that I was crazy, but I still have no regrets. In fact, I still do a pirate radio show in the city from time to time.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it sounds like the NASCAR president is still trying to push the idea that it was a real noose. It was really his mistake in the first place, and doesn't want to admit he was wrong. Seems more than a little pathetic, and worse, dangerous in these current times. The last thing we need is amping up the racial tension, although that's what we're seeing as people try to keep things stirred up for political gain.
Do people assume a conspiracy for everything? Why would the President of NASCAR risk their reputation to protect the sports lone black driver?

Humility. At some point the conspiracy theories will get whacky enough for most white folks to finally listen when black people say this country has a racism problem.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.