Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Manosphere Copes (Men Rotting Their Own Way)

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is something I've been thinking about for a while. I'm not talking about the standard copes of alcohol, weed, and video games, but copes that many guys probably don't even realize are copes. Here are a few I've come up with. Feel free to add yours.

- The "This Isn't Real Life Cope." This is a cope I see all the time. It usually goes like this "High School isn't real life just wait til college and you'll be slaying b1tches no problem." "College isn't real life just wait til you're out in the real world and youll be slaying women." After graduating college "You're a young guy you won't hit your peak until your 30's and then the women will be all over you." "Men age like fine wine you won't peak until your 50's" and it's just an endless cycle of cope.

- MGTOW: In all honesty if you look at photos of the MGTOW boys on youtube most of them are just plain ugly low tier SMV men. Ugly MGTOW's can't be taken seriously. There may be a few legit MGTOWs but you'd have to be a chad to live that lifestyle.

Virtue Signaling: A 6'4 guy like AMS telling you that height doesn't matter. Of course it doesn't matter for him because he's 6'4. Try being a 5'5 norwooding gremlin and you'll change your tune. Guys telling you looks don't matter yet these are the same guys who go to the gym 5 days a week and count every calorie that goes into their mouth. Guys with full heads of hair telling you hair doesn't matter then recommending all these changes: roids, hats, beard, shave, new clothes. If balding didn't matter then you could just rock a horseshoe and not make any changes.

Online dating Copes - If you're not getting any matches on Tinder your bio. just isn't good enough or it probably has a spelling error. Don't forget to cope hard and wear that bright red shirt in your pics. Women are attracted to guys that wear red.

The STD Cope- This is when bitter guys make fun of women claiming that all women on Tinder have STD's. These guys are just angry they can't participate in the debauchery. I am not a user of Tinder, but this is just another cope I wanted to point out.

Hypergamy- Let's be honest men are hypergamous too. If you were dating a 6 and some HB9 started giving you buying signals you'd ditch that 6 in a heartbeat to go be with the 9. I can't fault any woman for flaking on me if a chad comes sniffing around.

I'll list more if they come to me.

Attachments

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I love the “It’s not real life” cope.

While I’m too old for clubs/tinder, why do they say those aren’t real life? The people that meet and hook up from clubs and/or apps like Tinder are real people as far as I know.

What is being implied/suggested is that women somehow become less shallow outside of these venues. Good luck with that lol.

I never found “real life” social circles to be some easier silver bullet.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men cant accept the fact of being impotent toward a situation therefore create this self protective counter measures.

I opened a thread about the importance of look and I had middle aged guys dating post wall women telling me that its all about "game", "frame" and "self confidence" then letting me know that Im a insecure.

Well of course anyone feels better thinking that he CAN DO something about something, it takes a cold and stoic mindset to say "well Im not tall enough and young enough" to bang those mid 20s blond bombshells I like...much easier to say that you have to work on something that you can improve.

Regarding mgtow its not a cope, its not any different than a guy realizing that taxes on stocks are too high therefore its pointless to invest there given the cost-benefit ratio and the rate of return.

Reaction score
Well to some degree, your worth and value in environments like high school and college are kind of out of your control depending on the environment you are in. Here in the south, if you are not an athlete or an old money frat boy or someone who lucked into the right cliques? High school and college are going to suck even if you are good looking and have some charisma. All it takes is a group of guys in select cliques to hate you and you are done for.

Life after college though is more objective, assuming you move to a large city.

MGTOW is very much cope though, reason being, most men are too weak to really put in the work after they have accepted harsh truths of life?

That playboy lifestyle everyone hypes? You need to usually make a decent enough wage to be in a big city with loose moral standards, be in shape, not be ugly, and majority of those guys do not have the TIME for internet arguments. Before COVID-19, I barely had time for internet arguments or posting on forums. Most of the successful men after 22 are too busy working, staying shape, launching a side income stream, and on top of that meeting women (which is a time investment of itself).

As for online dating, I have friends of all colors that do well on it but you have to be so socially attuned to what is going on and the trends, most of these MGTOWs are not.

It all boils down to one thing, whining about game on the internet is easy, anyone can sound like an authority. Doing something about it is something else. Wanna know how this RP movement is a sham?

They claim it is easy to slay in your 30s right? Now ask for HOW, many cannot even come up with that.

Even worse? They'll cope and even PLAYER HATE by claiming LTRs are the way to go or how immoral sleeping around is.

These dudes are losers and frauds.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP are you blackpill?

While I think MGTOW makes a lot of valid points, I find it odd how 99% of MGTOW content is focused on women even during covid19/protest most MGTOW's are still talking about women
Heterosexual men think compulsively about women due to biology, they can't change that.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP are you blackpill?

While I think MGTOW makes a lot of valid points, I find it odd how 99% of MGTOW content is focused on women even during covid19/protest most MGTOW's are still talking about women
Not completely. To get scientific I'm about 70% black pill, 20% red pill, and 10% blue pill cope. MGTOW has some valid points such as courts being biased against men. You're not going your own way when 80-90% of your content is just ranting about women though. It's like a guy working at McDonalds saying he's boycotting Rolex. You were never in the game for a Rolex to begin with. A guy truly going his own way would just focus on his hobbies.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My issue isn't with the message of MGTOW, but the ugly men using it as a coping mechanism. You now have all these "red pill coach" scammers making money off these guys.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That playboy lifestyle everyone hypes? You need to usually make a decent enough wage to be in a big city with loose moral standards, be in shape, not be ugly, and majority of those guys do not have the TIME for internet arguments. Before COVID-19, I barely had time for internet arguments or posting on forums. Most of the successful men after 22 are too busy working, staying shape, launching a side income stream, and on top of that meeting women (which is a time investment of itself).
Most of them are lying out of their azz.

I'll tell you a good brief story. I know someone that's a wilderness survival expert. I once asked him how come he hardly ever posts anything online. His response "I practice what I preach. I camp and sleep outdoors 200 days a year. I don't have time to be online posting. I wouldn't trust anyone who's online everyday and claiming to be an expert." Lesson: Be wary of those who are always online and posting novels. They most likely aren't who they claim to be.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going your own way shouldn't your focus be on something other than women or making post and videos about them constantly?
They should, but they can't. Their heterosexual male biology makes them think compulsively about women to some extent. Of course it's absolutely right that having nothing in your life other than posts and videos about women while calling yourself "MGTOW" is ridiculous, but it can take time for guys to focus themselves out.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well to some degree, your worth and value in environments like high school and college are kind of out of your control depending on the environment you are in. Here in the south, if you are not an athlete or an old money frat boy or someone who lucked into the right cliques? High school and college are going to suck even if you are good looking and have some charisma. All it takes is a group of guys in select cliques to hate you and you are done for.
As an adult and as a man, can't you catch hate for being more successful or ambitious than those around you?

Life after college though is more objective, assuming you move to a large city.

MGTOW is very much cope though, reason being, most men are too weak to really put in the work after they have accepted harsh truths of life?

As for online dating, I have friends of all colors that do well on it but you have to be so socially attuned to what is going on and the trends, most of these MGTOWs are not.

It all boils down to one thing, whining about game on the internet is easy, anyone can sound like an authority. Doing something about it is something else. Wanna know how this RP movement is a sham?

They claim it is easy to slay in your 30s right? Now ask for HOW, many cannot even come up with that.

Even worse? They'll cope and even PLAYER HATE by claiming LTRs are the way to go or how immoral sleeping around is.

These dudes are losers and frauds.

Reaction score
Most of them are lying out of their azz.

I'll tell you a good brief story. I know someone that's a wilderness survival expert. I once asked him how come he hardly ever posts anything online. His response "I practice what I preach. I camp and sleep outdoors 200 days a year. I don't have time to be online posting. I wouldn't trust anyone who's online everyday and claiming to be an expert." Lesson: Be wary of those who are always online and posting novels. They most likely aren't who they claim to be.
Oh yeah! You are right. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen though.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another One.

Just Be White- White PUA's travel overseas to places like Thailand, Vietnam, and Korea and think their success is due to game when in reality it's just the effects of JBW.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys like sport cars? cabrios? Well I do but decided not to have one.

Even if I can afford it, that would cost me a lot month after month in terms of fuel, insurance, parking place...it would be too high maintenance and for a ride on weekends that wouldnt be worth.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- The "This Isn't Real Life Cope." This is a cope I see all the time. It usually goes like this "High School isn't real life just wait til college and you'll be slaying b1tches no problem." "College isn't real life just wait til you're out in the real world and youll be slaying women." After graduating college "You're a young guy you won't hit your peak until your 30's and then the women will be all over you." "Men age like fine wine you won't peak until your 50's" and it's just an endless cycle of cope.
It's possible to get incrementally better over a life phase progression up until one's 30s. The only way a radical change in fortune can occur is with some sort of radical transformation.

A guy getting no pusssy in high school isn't just going to show up on the campus of a large public university known for attractive women and start getting numerous women of better than average quality. If he does some work on his social skills (probably needs 6+ months of work in this) and improves his physique (either with weight loss or added muscle), he might be able to get a few bangs in the 4-5 range, and possibly an extended girlfriend in the 5-6 range during the 4 years of college.

The leap from college to post college at 22-23 is a tough leap to make in terms of mating success. It's rare that years 22-24 are spectacular years for men in a non-university setting. In the real world, a 22-24 year old isn't older than the majority of the women at the bars/clubs outside the university district in a city. Therefore, if a guy wants to do well in the 22-24 age range (the first 2-3 years typically post university), it'd be best to be going to bars near a university in a city or live in a area commonly populated with the 22-24 year old age set and maybe put something together via social circles or some activity. 25-29 years old can be some good years if you line up some variables well. One of the best things about 25-29 is that you're just a few years older than some absolute prime women. That really helps. Many social circles are still establishing and are yet to become dominated by established long term couples at this point. That change in social circle dynamics often occurs between 28-32, which often leads to single and unattached men in this age range finding some new environments, upping activity on swipe apps, or cold approaching more.

The 30s age years are typically not the promised land that some in the Manosphere claim. Your typical 33 year old never married and childless man isn't typically with 21-25 year olds. If he's fortunate, he's looking at 29-32 year olds without children. If he's more reliant upon apps, he's unlikely to get a large age difference. If he's meeting people in person, it is more possible to achieve a larger age difference because he isn't getting filtered out of swipe results, but he's still likely to end up with someone close to his age. For some in their 30s, there's the complication of single parent dating. Some men in their 30s are single fathers. Some women in their 30s are single moms. There can be difficulty in a childless person dating a single parent. Two single parents with each other gets complicated.

A 50 year old guy might have some health difficulties. A lot of 50 year old year old guys are not likely to be attractive to women in their 20s-30s. Early 40s isn't a huge stretch for a 50 year old guy. Most 50 year old guys have some 40 something year old girlfriend. Both might be divorced. She may or may not be a single parent of a child under 18. Some women in their 40s have children who are about to turn 18 or have turned 18. Very few 50 year old men are living a player lifestyle. A 50 year old man who does happen to live a player lifestyle isn't doing as well as a 35 year old player.

I never found “real life” social circles to be some easier silver bullet.
I wouldn't call it a silver bullet. It's incrementally easier. The people I've known who did social circle best put a fair amount of effort into it, but they also often had some intervening events help their cause. Not having your parents move during your birth-age 18 years and then staying in that same geography as an adult will help in social circle development. It's an added bonus if that geographical tends to be less transient. Having an established social circle from a lifelong presence in a transient market like Las Vegas is better than not having one at all or arriving there knowing no one and having to find mating opportunities via apps, cold approaches, and/or developing a presence in female friendly environments.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I wouldn't call it a silver bullet. It's incrementally easier. The people I've known who did social circle best put a fair amount of effort into it, but they also often had some intervening events help their cause. Not having your parents move during your birth-age 18 years and then staying in that same geography as an adult will help in social circle development. It's an added bonus if that geographical tends to be less transient. Having an established social circle from a lifelong presence in a transient market like Las Vegas is better than not having one at all or arriving there knowing no one and having to find mating opportunities via apps, cold approaches, and/or developing a presence in female friendly environments.
Agreed. I would also argue that not all social circles are created equal. Depending on your environment and personal interests, such circles may or may not have the type of women (in sufficient quantity) that you are seeking. Or they might not even be available.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. I would also argue that not all social circles are created equal. Depending on your environment and personal interests, such circles may or may not have the type of women (in sufficient quantity) that you are seeking. Or they might not even be available.
For a variety of reasons, I have never had a viable immediate social circle, so I've been more reliant upon all other means over the years. These have included: Activities (participation in kickball/volleyball leagues and to some degree my tennis participation), gyms/fitness classes, swipe apps, cold apporach at non-bar venues, cold approach at bars. All of these methods have benefits and drawbacks. Even with you are in the same sports league as a woman or same fitness class, there is some degree of approaching involved. The degree of coldness or warmness of such approaches can be debated.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We can talk about social circles, dating apps, joining group activities but the truth is that it all depends on the environment where you happen to be.

In 6 months in Poland I didnt bother to attend any social circle, hit the gym with headphones and hat 100% of the time and only talked to some roided guy when I needed a spotter, didnt join sh1t and avoided happy hours with my work mates in order to avoid drama and gossip yet got laid effortlessly and never experience a dry spell, I had girls making me breakfast after the previous night I felt asleep right after jizzing inside them.

In 2017 I got stuck in Spain and after 2 months of dry spell I tried any possible thing to get girls, apps lead to jack and sh1t, social circles were basically male beggers trying to make loud dumb pigs happy (and failing to do so) while activities were basically only guys and a couple of attention wh0res (many of whom married to simps already).

I fully support the notion that men should take matters in their own hand and create their destiny rather than accepting what comes at them but this has to be done with intelligence not emotions...there shouldnt be any fomo (fear of missing out) but only cold analysys and problem solving even if it takes time.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the impression that a lot of MGTOW guys are old guys that have either had a really bad experience (like an expensive divorce) or guys that are frustrated because they tend to get used and manipulated by women. I think it probably makes sense once you get to a certain age to have less interest in women, because what you can get at that age is probably not going to be all that exciting and your sex drive declines, but I also think that men are always going to feel sexual attraction and you can't just pretend that it doesn't exist and try to ignore women, because that attraction will always bring you back to them.