"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

i felt like My Girlfriend was holding me Back

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
Latley I've been doing a lot more self improvment, me and my friend have created our website for our digital marketing firm.

I have two youtube channels that I'm managing, Ive also bewn working out at homedaily and reading an entire novel every 10 days. For about a month I've tried to get my Girlfriend to do the same, join me in self improvment.

Instead she keeps encouraging bad habits, binging on netflix with her, eating fast food like KFC and just going out drinking.

I want to achieve great success and for the better part of 2 months now i have been working towards my goals.

I had to end it with her, she has been getting chubby as well.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,867
Reaction score
19,097
Latley I've been doing a lot more self improvment, me and my friend have created our website for our digital marketing firm.

I have two youtube channels that I'm managing, Ive also bewn working out at homedaily and reading an entire novel every 10 days. For about a month I've tried to get my Girlfriend to do the same, join me in self improvment.

Instead she keeps encouraging bad habits, binging on netflix with her, eating fast food like KFC and just going out drinking.

I want to achieve great success and for the better part of 2 months now i have been working towards my goals.

I had to end it with her, she has been getting chubby as well.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?
Its great that you decided to do this but its unrealistic that you should expect someone to just randomly do this because you did.

To be clear this had nothing to do with your "self improvement" you just are using that as your justification. You were unhappy with her before you started and are unhappy with her after you did it. Let's not be silly here and try and claim you just suddenly became unhappy because she wouldn't join in doing something you did.
 

Caelum

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
40
Reaction score
47
Age
38
Its great that you decided to do this but its unrealistic that you should expect someone to just randomly do this because you did.

To be clear this had nothing to do with your "self improvement" you just are using that as your justification. You were unhappy with her before you started and are unhappy with her after you did it. Let's not be silly here and try and claim you just suddenly became unhappy because she wouldn't join in doing something you did.
Then why would be with her in the first place? I think it's awesome to see a man having standards and not puttning up with this stuff. A woman would dump a guy in a heartbeat for the same reasons. I think he took a rational, calculated decision wich is nice to see for a change.
 

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2019
Messages
1,168
Reaction score
1,934
Age
35
Latley I've been doing a lot more self improvment, me and my friend have created our website for our digital marketing firm.

I have two youtube channels that I'm managing, Ive also bewn working out at homedaily and reading an entire novel every 10 days. For about a month I've tried to get my Girlfriend to do the same, join me in self improvment.

Instead she keeps encouraging bad habits, binging on netflix with her, eating fast food like KFC and just going out drinking.

I want to achieve great success and for the better part of 2 months now i have been working towards my goals.

I had to end it with her, she has been getting chubby as well.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?
All you can do is inspire her, but if she feels like a weight then inspiring her may involve leaving her. You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Nice to hear of your great progress!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Yep, I've been there. One ex was very sweet but used subterfuge to get me to talk myself out of things, or failing that just wasn't as supportive as I'd have liked. Another was just plain negative. They were both also the jealous types which drained me. I think most women to a degree will challenge a man as a way of keeping him kept and also pushing his boundaries, but some are more strident than others.

And yeah the bad habits, those can be killers. One ex did the same thing - ordered takeout or ate garbage. I couldn't stand staying at her place because she rarely cooked.

Honestly I think I function better single.
The jealous ones who just can't see you make progress are drainers. They get angry about it like it's some competition. As usual keep personal goals to yourself.
 
Joined
Feb 21, 2020
Messages
141
Reaction score
118
Age
34
Latley I've been doing a lot more self improvment, me and my friend have created our website for our digital marketing firm.

I have two youtube channels that I'm managing, Ive also bewn working out at homedaily and reading an entire novel every 10 days. For about a month I've tried to get my Girlfriend to do the same, join me in self improvment.

Instead she keeps encouraging bad habits, binging on netflix with her, eating fast food like KFC and just going out drinking.

I want to achieve great success and for the better part of 2 months now i have been working towards my goals.

I had to end it with her, she has been getting chubby as well.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

I love to hear about situations played textbook perfect or damn near so.

Good on ya. You can lead the horse to water but you cant force it to drink.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,867
Reaction score
19,097
Then why would be with her in the first place? I think it's awesome to see a man having standards and not puttning up with this stuff. A woman would dump a guy in a heartbeat for the same reasons. I think he took a rational, calculated decision wich is nice to see for a change.
But that is my whole point. This has nothing to do with the fact he decided to work on things and she didn't. This had to do with he didn't like some things about her and used her not wanting to self improve as justification for dumping her. In reality he wasn't happy with he whether or not he did it at all.
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
I’m sure most of us have. You did the right thing.
All of us indeed before we knew better.

It happend all the time, get into a relationship and boom ppl get lazy and fat.
The exception are the one that keep improving regardless.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
It's not really her job to go on a "personal" growth journey with you. But if she's intentionally monkey wrenching you and distracting you she has to go.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 6, 2013
Messages
918
Reaction score
192
Has anyone else had an experience like this?

So, my ex was actually a lot more productive and motivated than i was in most ways. But being in a relationship in general just makes me become apathetic and lazy. Without that primal drive to attract women and outperform other men, a lot of things fall by the wayside for me. I think also your testosterone is quite a bit lower in a LTR in the long run, as opposed to regularly dating and sleeping with new women. Test levels have a big impact on stuff like confidence, motivation, dominance, muscle growth, energy, etc.
 

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
Its great that you decided to do this but its unrealistic that you should expect someone to just randomly do this because you did.

To be clear this had nothing to do with your "self improvement" you just are using that as your justification. You were unhappy with her before you started and are unhappy with her after you did it. Let's not be silly here and try and claim you just suddenly became unhappy because she wouldn't join in doing something you did.
Honestly I was losing attraction to her, she was gaining weight and even posted a "body positive" image on instagram. I was unhappy that she didn't want to do anything to improve and instead was getting more lazy
 

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
It's not really her job to go on a "personal" growth journey with you. But if she's intentionally monkey wrenching you and distracting you she has to go.
Your right but i Just felt like I had to move on, I was improving my Life and she was stagnant. I didn't want to stay with her and grow complacent.

Yep, I've been there. One ex was very sweet but used subterfuge to get me to talk myself out of things, or failing that just wasn't as supportive as I'd have liked. Another was just plain negative. They were both also the jealous types which drained me. I think most women to a degree will challenge a man as a way of keeping him kept and also pushing his boundaries, but some are more strident than others.

And yeah the bad habits, those can be killers. One ex did the same thing - ordered takeout or ate garbage. I couldn't stand staying at her place because she rarely cooked.

Honestly I think I function better single.
Yeah I can rrally agree with you there Negative people (energy vampires) are the worst and most draining, call me old fashioned but i also believe A woman should support her man.
 

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
Then why would be with her in the first place? I think it's awesome to see a man having standards and not puttning up with this stuff. A woman would dump a guy in a heartbeat for the same reasons. I think he took a rational, calculated decision wich is nice to see for a change.
We met through a friend, we got a long. Back then I didnt care about self improvment. I was honestly lazy myself. It Was 2 months ago that ibstarted turning my life around, and one month aho that i wanted her to join me. For a month I tried to also get her into self improvment.

Instead she got lazier and more overweight, I know this is superficial but I just couldn't stand it.
 
Top