The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.
Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.
Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.
You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.
I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.
Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.
These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.
Sometimes. But sometimes people make decisions based on the moment without really thinking them through.Trust me, that feeling goes away with time. When you're missing them, you're only thinking about the good times. There were likely some bad times that led to the breakup. When we start to miss the physical/emotional connection we had with someone, we start to become vulnerable and needy. Rather than doing that, you should put yourself in a position to get much hotter women so that if one of them gets dropped you don't feel like you've lost the only thing that makes you happy. On SS, we say that no woman is special - and we mean it.
We broke up because of arguing. We weren’t arguing over fundamental differences, just stupid things because we weren’t communicating properly. I was saving up for a ring actually.Look at the logical reason for the break-up. If there is a logical foundation and it's her fault for the break-up (either she initiated that, or behaved so badly with you or you found out something about her that you felt you had no choice but to do that), and it appears she has happily moved-on, then you just miss her. If you broke-up with her and she's still in the picture and don't have a logical reason and think you may have made a mistake, and it wasn't a bad break-up and she wants you back, then in such a case it's valid to want her back.
Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.
You've been "getting ready" for two years.
She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.
Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.
Yea, the breakup was reactionary.Sometimes. But sometimes people make decisions based on the moment without really thinking them through.
Sometimes the grass isn't greener on the other side and it takes a while to realize it.
I envy you. Looks like I must have all the bad breaks, in the woman's department, on here. It sounds like you want her back and made a mistake. You should communicate with her and be the one initiating things back together with her and work this out with her.We broke up because of arguing. We weren’t arguing over fundamental differences, just stupid things because we weren’t communicating properly. I was saving up for a ring actually.
I broke up with her in the heat of an argument. I contacted her a few weeks later and I sent her a funny video of a character she loves. She responded positively and wished me well. She just contacted me today and asked for me to wish my mom happy Mother’s Day.
Come back to this thread in a few years and you will be asking yourself why you even posted it.I miss my ex. This is my first time breaking up with someone. So how do you know if you want them back or you just miss them?
Exactly.Time and meet other girls. You most likely miss the secs.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
How many weeks? She never reached out before? You were saving up for a ring for what? For her? To propose?I contacted her a few weeks later