Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Books on Socializing

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ also, reading just stories or fiction or plays, books that could be made into movies one day (but never do cause THEY don't want that mindset or mentality to leach out into the public mind) puts you into the mind or situation(s) of the character(s) you're visualizing and what they say and do and you can implement that sequence of events into your interactions with women and she won't know what hit them/her. I remember what you visualized and that visualization is unique to Your mind and may be terribly separate from what the author envisioned or was trying to convey, but it's yours and you can become the character you visualize to interact with women based on a character you've read and branch off from it. Long-term this may not work but for short-term lays, yes. You're building pathways when you read. No one has the same pathways internalized. We're all different, unless we Don't read.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ also, reading just stories or fiction or plays, books that could be made into movies one day (but never do cause THEY don't want that mindset or mentality to leach out into the public mind) puts you into the mind or situation(s) of the character(s) you're visualizing and what they say and do and you can implement that sequence of events into your interactions with women and she won't know what hit them/her. I remember what you visualized and that visualization is unique to Your mind and may be terribly separate from what the author envisioned or was trying to convey, but it's yours and you can become the character you visualize to interact with women based on a character you've read and branch off from it. Long-term this may not work but for short-term lays, yes. You're building pathways when you read. No one has the same pathways internalized. We're all different, unless we Don't read.
That's another reason why it's really important to always be reading a book. I'm aiming for 20 books a year, audiobooks and regular books.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why I like Leils stuff. It's bite size like how to do a better handshake. you should take one thing like that and practice it for a month at all your social gatherings. Then choose the next one.

Most guys try and learn three things at once and nothing is learnt.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why I like Leils stuff. It's bite size like how to do a better handshake. you should take one thing like that and practice it for a month at all your social gatherings. Then choose the next one.

Most guys try and learn three things at once and nothing is learnt.
I've thought that too but a lot of guys try to learn like 100 things at once. I agree it's better to pick one thing and ingrain it like a habit before moving on. That can be kind of slow and boring though, so people aren't often patient enough to do it that way.

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no substitute for experience. But you can make it easy on yourself by proving to your brain bad thing will not happen when you talk to random people. So if you are working an area or crowd why not start of with simple things like asking for directions or when an event starts, then segway into something else.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please could you elaborate on this point.
Moral hazard is an insurance or economics term.

It means when you know you have a safety net, or a backup plan, it changes your behavior, from a subconscious standpoint.

Studies have shown, for example, that making stricter seat belt laws can actually increase property damage, as more people wearing seatbelts feel slightly more protected and drive slighty more erratic.

What humans normally HAD to get from other humans (recognition, friends, respect, admiration, etc.) they can now largely get much EASIER on social media.

This creates a degredation in general strength of character.

Before social media, and online dating, people could ONLY get things DIRECTLY from other people, so they had to be on their best behavior.

No more.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystery Method had a really good section on conversation strings. He really breaks down how conversations with people work, change subjects, etc.

I will also recommend How To Win Friends & Influence People
I was thinking about this thread and I wanted to bring it back. So after taking some action I already know that seduction material is really effective for actually landing the chicks. As long as you use one resource at a time. But, would you say that things like the conversation style in Mystery Method can be used to socialize with guys and make lots more friends as well?

Except without the touching/escalating/flirting/teasing and the end goal is to have new friends instead of sleeping with them obviously lol.

Alpha Male Strategies says that trying to make new guy friends is just like trying to get girls on dates. If they're cool with you, they'll make it easy to hang out. But if not, they'll just make excuses and blow you off.

So theoretically, could you use seduction material like Mystery Method to help give you a baseline for general social skills with guys? Or even girls that you're not trying to bang but want to befriend to increase the size of your social circle.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, I hear lots of Robert Greene suggestions in here. Seduction and 48 Laws of Power are most definitely on my to-read list. Very long books too.

candyman105

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty soon people are going to need books on how to go to the bathroom and how to tie their shoelaces.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
would you say that things like the conversation style in Mystery Method can be used to socialize with guys and make lots more friends as well?
Yes it can. He goes through "conversation strings" which I thought was fantastic. The main reason why he went into conversation as a whole topic is so you can dominate the conversation at a table with other people. He dissects the 5hit out of conversation and it's probably one of the best things I've read on the subject. If you get the book for nothing else, get it for the subject of conversation.

candyman105

Banned
Reaction score
Mystery the PUA wound up in a mental asylum. He's now an expert in "strapped to a gurney in a straitjacket" game.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mystery the PUA wound up in a mental asylum. He's now an expert in "strapped to a gurney in a straitjacket" game.
Yeah that's what I mean by "pickup isn't viable long term." But tbh, I only need it for 15 or so years while I'm getting my money right and building my empire. So I can make sure I have my intimacy in the meantime. I have no interest in getting married so I shouldn't burn out like a lot of the PUAs did.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Fine Art of Small Talk by Debra Fine

She was a socially inept introvert and an engineer as a profession. She is now an author about conversation. Her book goes into everything from conversation strings, how to pass the conversation, how to engage & disengage & include others and it also covers how NOT to be annoying to everyone else (like the one-upper).

It is thorough and a simple straightforward read.

Yes it’s written by a chick. But it’s a great and reasonably brief book packed with practical and situational advice.

I refer to my copy from time to time. Great book on exactly this topic.

Stephen89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How to win friends and influence people

How to talk to people

How to win people

The best practice is join a club or activity and practice there. And you will improve.

candyman105

Banned
Reaction score
I can't decide which troll account is more hilarious: biggoal or nicksaiz. Both of those guys are pretty funny. :)