Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think pumping iron could really help all incels?

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this about one of the POTUS candidates, and it got me interested:
He started to lift weights, mostly to try to get dates, and was proud to be able to bench press 225 pounds eight to 10 times in a row.
I must say that at my peak I was about at this level, perhaps a bit higher as I recall doing 8 reps of 245 (all time max 285).

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading this about one of the POTUS candidates, and it got me interested:

I must say that at my peak I was about at this level, perhaps a bit higher as I recall doing 8 reps of 245 (all time max 285).
If it worked then I'd be going to the Gym and pumping iron too. Obviously it doesn't work or everyone would be doing it.

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to have some muscle mass so you are not some lanky dude. I don’t think women really go after ripped gym rats unless the woman herself is a gym rat. You can’t have big beer belly either that’s a turn off for most women.

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting rules. Everyone should do it.

It’s not about how much you lift, either, when you are trying to add muscle mass. Every body size is different and different body types (i.e. ecto/meso/endomorphic) can lift different amounts to a certain limit.

In one year I’ve added nearly 10 lbs to my frame, and I’m incredibly lean. Have definitely noticed just my confidence has boosted and I look great, plus women are starting to notice me for my physical stature, vs just face looks now, which totally rules.

Dan.Lifestyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you an Alpha if you're not in shape? Lets not Kid ourselves here. It's ok to be just beginning but you should at least be working on it.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion and my own experience, It's not only the body and strength that changes a Man, Its the king hormone: Testosterone. This hormone is being suppressed A LOT in today's society. A few years ago when I was at my leanest and my physique was rock hard, I cycled it and It made such a dramatic change that can't be denied. The mental clarity, the deep ambition and determination, the feeling of being bold, strong and fearless, it was all amazing. Imagine being a Man who likes to approach Women,... being on testosterone will increase that 10X. Women can "smell" this on a Man and he will ooze sex appeal and aura. Combine that with a huge feeling of confidence and a lean hard physique.... forget about it.... it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Obviously im not trying to promote anyone on here to go and start cycling different sh!t lol but I'm just saying, I believe Testosterone is the true ingredient to success for Men.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It works (source: Espi)
If people are expecting it to be some sort of magic pill, then no, it doesn't work.
But it helps.

Different people, different body types, and different personalities will have different rates of return on their effort. A lot depends on what their real issue with women is. If it's mental, emotional, psychological, or even social, chances are lifting won't solve that for them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The question wasn't how to get lean and muscular, it was about helping incels. And I said lifting could help. But whether or not it would solve the incel's problem depends on what the incel's issue is to begin with.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not even sure what an incel is and quite frankly I don't even care.
Well, that won't stop me from telling you. :)
Incel stands for "involuntarily celibate". I don't think he has to be a virgin necessarily, but at this particular point in time he'd like to be getting laid, but hasn't been able to, for whatever reason.

I agree everyone should eat well and exercise regardless, I don't think anyone is disagreeing with that.

I've just seen a lot of these threads on here and the bodybuilding forum, and it seems like lifting brings in chicks for some guys, and for other guys not so much. There's a whole spectrum there. Clearly it works better for some people than others.

I started lifting in my early 20s, but I was so scrawny when I started, it took a long time for me just to "catch up" with the average guy. Even so, I still got women before I lifted. I never noticed any sudden "night turned into day" switch with regard to women, like some guys report. Part of that may be because I started with kind of like a runner's body, I was very fit and athletic, just not muscular. Not like how a fat guy who drops 70 pounds might see a more drastic transformation.

Or maybe because it was such a long process. Or maybe because by the time I did start seeing better results with women I had improved in several areas, and it was hard to pin that success down to one particular thing.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple answer no.

But I can help build confidence.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was in power I would introduce 1 year military service to all boys

There won't be many incels left after that bill

Discipline, masculinity, team work, role models, life skills

You flush these down the toilet and wonder why the world is a mess

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think part of an incel’s problem is “learned helplessness.” It’s not the same thing as laziness.

If you’re depressed and/or stuck in a loop of negativity, you might not believe that some course of action (like working out) will help you. So you don’t bother.

Laziness is more like, “I know this will work and help my situation, but it’s too hard or will take too long so I won’t bother.”

Not to split hairs, but I think it’s an important distinction.

Step 1 is you must genuinely believe that a certain course of action WILL (or likely will) help you.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree and it used to baffle me that guys disagree with this. But now I get it: they disagree because they're jealous-bitter-haters.
As someone who went from a doughy 230 to a lean 190 I can assure any doubters that women do notice and it's muuuch easier to attract them now, despite me being basically the same person, personality wise, as before. I'm 49 and look younger than I did ten years ago, and you attract women based on how you look and act as opposed to your actual age. Foregoing pizza, beer, and an hour or so of my day to hit the gym, to make it happen is a very small price to pay.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If I was in power I would introduce 1 year military service to all boys

There won't be many incels left after that bill

Discipline, masculinity, team work, role models, life skills

You flush these down the toilet and wonder why the world is a mess
Certain countries in Asia, its compulsory to do military service, both for girls and boys.

In Singapore its compulsory for all males aged 18, citizens and permanent residents, failure to report for duty is a fine and/or jail term.

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Certain countries in Asia, its compulsory to do military service, both for girls and boys.

In Singapore its compulsory for all males aged 18, citizens and permanent residents, failure to report for duty is a fine and/or jail term.
I'd love to see some statistics as to whether it does any good

My guess would be that it does

Singapore has a very low crime rate it seems

But that's probably numerous factors