Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is the phone strictly for setting dates?

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I'm procrastinating on my paper right now and I want to make a calm, sane post. Most of the dating tips I've read say only use your phone to set up dates. Is this a strict rule or is texting ever an okay way to build rapport?

Webb91

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I'm procrastinating on my paper right now and I want to make a calm, sane post. Most of the dating tips I've read say only use your phone to set up dates. Is this a strict rule or is texting ever an okay way to build rapport?
Full of rubbish pal. Iv gotten laid and had more girlfriends by texting than not texting them. Obviously if you havnt got much text game and don’t come across like it in person then you should lay off it. I have literally gone against every rule to do with texting in the past learning but I still managed to get the lay.

B0redandl0nely

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Full of rubbish pal. Iv gotten laid and had more girlfriends by texting than not texting them. Obviously if you havnt got much text game and don’t come across like it in person then you should lay off it. I have literally gone against every rule to do with texting in the past learning but I still managed to get the lay.
Any tips on good text game?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's preference, I've gotten better results with texting for logistics. That way the girl can't just use you for your nonsexual attention and then disappear when you ask for the date

Webb91

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any tips on good text game?
It’s hard to explain good text game I just do what i do but. In my experience they have to like your look and body starting off before you dive into the world of text game. It helps me that I workout a lot 6’3 and chilled jawline etc. But I always banter, be witty, push and pull, outright take the piss out of her, stand up to her, show her your a man not to be ****ed with she will respect you, show her I have other girls who want me via snapchat some call it preselection. Let them see your life through Snapchat helps to and if they like it they will make effort to talk a lot more. Vary response times too. Always be fun to talk to and stand out girls get a lot of messages. They pick the best ones that get them emotional on text to talk to. Girls outright tell me they like me before actually meeting up so it does help your good at texting just make sure your the same in person or it comes across as weird.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Questions like these are simple. The answer to what rules you stand by or disregard is dependent on your personality.

If you have and can present a carefree, fun personality then you can probably text.

If you are an over thinker or can't pick up on things, then you probably shouldn't text.

It all boils down to how you are as a person. You can change these things over time but it takes you willing to push yourself out of your comfort zone and enduring a large enough sample size to actually make a valid (for you, because your experience is tailored to you) conclusion. A problem I think a lot of people have is that they try something with a handful of people and determine it does/doesn't work. But that's wrong. Dating is a numbers game. So try it with 20+, hell I'd even say 50+, and then make a conclusion. Once you've done that you know which one suits you better and you can decide you like that or you don't and can figure out how to proceed.

Steel_Neurons

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I just text to set up dates. I like to filter for high interest, though. I'm curious to see how other people handle it.

HenBogan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but it's interesting.

The common consensus seems to be, from the stuff I am reading, not to text too much, keep them for arranging dates....

Historically I have used my ability to write, articulate etc as one of my main aspects of seduction, women have amazing imaginations. I have been complemented on my writing on numerous occasions and as Webb91 says I have managed to get sex through messaging alone.... I have a fully written erotic story that I send to them, piece by piece, once we begin to sext..... they love it ha ha ha...

I am trying to reduce my texting to keep the mystery; but can messages be a viable tool?

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are lots of threads on text game on this forum. I would say do a search and give them a read through. To answer your question, texting is a great way to build rapport but you have to be careful with it. There is no faster way to kill attraction/mystery than texting too much.

I think setting the date and confirming shortly before are what you should do prior to the first date with almost nothing else. However, if they reach out and want to talk before then I would definitely not ignore them because of some arbitrary rule of no texting. I have had good results building rapport before the first date via text. There is no bright-line test or formula though for how much. That is something that will come with practice and you will know when you should keep the texting going and when you should pull back.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This advice is only meant as training wheels until one ready to fly on his own. Once one opens his third eye all these guides and formulas will no longer be of use to him.

Last edited: