Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What was your key to getting into your desired shape?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do low basically a hybrid of Keto & Paleo. I will eat fruit if I feel like it because even though fruit has carbs it also has lots of fiber.

Fiber keeps the stool soft. Vitamin C is also a natural stool softener. I use powdered Vitamin C and add to a cup of herbal tea or to a cup of unsweetened cranberry juice (very bitter/sour).

I also weigh every morning. Weight can't sneak up on you if you weigh every day. If I'm closer to 115-117 I'll eat some fruit rather than just protein veggies & fat (cheeses & peanut butter and heavy cream are my go tos)...if I'm between 118-120 I'll ban fruits and eat eggs, heavy cream & meat. The main fruits I do are berries, grapes & apples. Occasionally pineapple or watermelon or pomegranate.

As far as working out I still play soccer on occasion, I lift high rep low weight and I walk. I also do HIIT sprinter workouts several times a week for a mile. That regimen keeps me fit and trim. I used to run 40 miles a week and race 5Ks and 10Ks, but my knees won't take that kind of punishment any more. I'd rather not need knee replacements if I can avoid it, lol.

The cool thing is I'm rarely hungry. So I don't eat a whole lot of anything. And I drink lots of water.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keto and Paleo works. I know many people, men and women, who've lost a lot of weight. It's not hard to stick to either. Though, you have to deal with constipation some times due to the low carbs. That's really the only side effect.
Keto and Paleo work well at raising your cholesterol. They are fad diets.

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keto and Paleo work well at raising your cholesterol. They are fad diets.
Best route the tried and true reduction of calories and exercise? I've done it before and was in good shape but I then went back to "intuitive eating" and gained the weight back. If tried and true is the best way I'll deal with it. Have you ever tried keto or are you breaking down the diet logically?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best route the tried and true reduction of calories and exercise? I've done it before and was in good shape but I then went back to "intuitive eating" and gained the weight back. If tried and true is the best way I'll deal with it. Have you ever tried keto or are you breaking down the diet logically?
Tried Paleo. It's a lot more difficult than people think. You can't just go out and eat all the meat you want, which is what people do. The best bet is to just eat clean 90% of the time and incorporate some of the principles (no simple carbohydrates, etc.).

Fzatf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are mistaken, but that's okay. Tim Tebow has been on it for nearly a decade, Keto. Paleo has been around for literally thousands of years.
The Paleo diet reminds me of this video:

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cholesterol was a bit up. So I've added pearl barley, chickpeas and Oates plus oat bran to my diet. So no paleo for me. +1 for eating clean. I play tennis and badminton so that's cardio sorted. I lift weights with two 10 kg dumbbells. 2 x 12 reps of compound deadlift + clean + press. Plus some chest exercises to combat the dreaded man boobs. And I have some 1 kg hand weights which I do my kickboxing shadow boxing with.

If I had more time I would add swimming and the occasional yoga class

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cholesterol was a bit up. So I've added pearl barley, chickpeas and Oates plus oat bran to my diet. So no paleo for me. +1 for eating clean. I play tennis and badminton so that's cardio sorted. I lift weights with two 10 kg dumbbells. 2 x 12 reps of compound deadlift + clean + press. Plus some chest exercises to combat the dreaded man boobs. And I have some 1 kg hand weights which I do my kickboxing shadow boxing with.

If I had more time I would add swimming and the occasional yoga class
Really? I am surprised. I track what I eat and since the switch, my HCL/LCL are the best they've ever been. My triglycerides are on point. My blood pressure on point and I'm around 10% body fat. Actually, my docs recommended I eat some carbs as I lost a lot of weight. So, I eat two slices of pizza a week; but that's my lunch and dinner. If I get hungry again, I either eat Pecans, Almonds, a banana, Apple or Orange. My diet has moved to a hybrid keto/paleo type of diet. I find myself eating less on this diet.

I guess, the American diet (my original diet plan) was heavy on the whole wheat and sugar. I just basically removed 95% of this from my daily caloric intake and the weight started to drop. Chronic pain had dropped off as well. I know it is different for every person, but I've found limiting whole wheat (once a staple in my diet) and sugar, my body has been better and I can think clearer.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Triglycerides are my problem. Everything was fine until I hit my fifties.

Sugar is definitely the devil. I need to get bloods again been about 4 months.

I did also have the beginning of fatty liver condition. I fixed that by adding pomegranate juice and red cabbage to my diet. It was normal range in my last blood. If it's still good the next one I'd say that's done.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks I wasn't aware of that one.
Science directed one study that seems to support that. I do have ACV in the fridge for weight loss. But it tastes like ass. I'll get better at taking it now

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks I wasn't aware of that one.
Science directed one study that seems to support that. I do have ACV in the fridge for weight loss. But it tastes like ass. I'll get better at taking it now
Add some honey and lemon to it and it's not that bad. Use a straw so it doesn't ruin your teeth and you should be able to down it within 10 seconds or so. I use 2 tablespoons daily. I think that stuff helped me a lot.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't use a straw what I do is rinse my mouth afterwards with water or small amount of milk to neutralize the acid

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Intermittent fasting.

My first few years of doing it, I didn't really focus on what kinds of foods to eat and pretty much ate anything I want (I worked at a Japanese restaurant so the food I ate every night was actually pretty good for me). Now, on top of only having one meal per night, I also make better choices for each meal which include avoiding anything fried, anything with too much sugar, or anything I just intuitively know isn't going to help my cause. This year, I've switched to purely black coffee, green tea, and water as my drinks of choice. I'll have an alcoholic drink maybe once or twice a week.

As someone who has insulin problems (my family has a history of diabetes), having a meal only once per day (usually at night time and about 2-4 hours before I go to bed) has really helped to alleviate any blood sugar lows a diabetic might typically experience by not consuming anything which causes a metabolic reaction at all until meal time - this pretty much means anything that contains calories. I don't do any 0 calorie drinks or snacks however. The aspartame makes me feel like crap usually.

After awhile, you learn to make friends with the very slight hunger that you feel and you almost look forward to it during your day. It's the kind of hunger that's very easy to beat because your body is used to it and you get to a point where it takes very minimal willpower to just say "I'll wait until my one big healthy meal at the proper time."

I plan on incorporating some extremely short HIIT workouts into my lifestyle once I figure out exactly what it is that I can do consistently.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't use a straw what I do is rinse my mouth afterwards with water or small amount of milk to neutralize the acid
Best to use a straw. The acid can get between or in back of the teeth as well as absorbed into the gums and then released. You don't want to risk harming your enamel.

Tilalit

Reaction score
I have no inspiration at all, how to fix it?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really? I am surprised. I track what I eat and since the switch, my HCL/LCL are the best they've ever been. My triglycerides are on point. My blood pressure on point and I'm around 10% body fat. Actually, my docs recommended I eat some carbs as I lost a lot of weight.
Some people respond to low carb diets with higher cholesterol. Don't ask why... it just does. My HDL is 68 (heart disease-protective range), but the Paleo kept my LDL in the high range also. Triglycerides and Blood Pressure were also perfect. Dr and I did a dietician, told me to test out putting back some carbs in place of meat - LDL dropped by 46 points in 1 month, HDL and tris stayed identical.

I'm not saying the Paleo doesn't work... just work with your Dr. to gauge what your body likes and dislikes.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people respond to low carb diets with higher cholesterol. Don't ask why... it just does. My HDL is 68 (heart disease-protective range), but the Paleo kept my LDL in the high range also. Triglycerides and Blood Pressure were also perfect. Dr and I did a dietician, told me to test out putting back some carbs in place of meat - LDL dropped by 46 points in 1 month, HDL and tris stayed identical.

I'm not saying the Paleo doesn't work... just work with your Dr. to gauge what your body likes and dislikes.
Perhaps, but KETO and to some small part, Paleo are not diets per se, they are more like a change of lifestyle. Scientific studies have shown that KETO will help improve a persons overall health. Are there exceptions to this? Of course, but I know many people, men and women, who've gone on KETO or Paleo and have lost a lot of weight and gotten their Triglycerides, blood pressure and HCL/LDL in line. I can also say, my whole blood family has or had triglyceride, blood pressure and HCL/LDL issues. I was on Zocor for years as well. I switched the way I ate and significantly lowered my wheat and sugar foods and I am happy to say I've not been on any RX's for years. Even my docs were amazed that my body was able to fix the issues w/o drugs. Docs don't know everything. However, Paleo and KETO have been around for thousands of years. I used myself as my own test subject and I am still amazed and happier to be off all meds. It's unnecessary for most. I will also add that the Apple Cider Vinegar has helped a lot as well.

Soflobro#3

Banned
Reaction score

Do you like whole milk? I love it. Drink it everyday.