Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the best fighting style? Lets settle this once and for all

Suicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Again, look up that Tae Kwon Do guy's record. He has a losing record. Therefore Tae Kwon Do is not a good fighting style when compared to others. Sure they show his highlights but a BJJ or a good boxer would put this guy out of his misery.
Wrong.

Did you even read what you wrote? That is one of the stupidest sweeping generalizations I've ever heard.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Again, look up that Tae Kwon Do guy's record. He has a losing record. Therefore Tae Kwon Do is not a good fighting style when compared to others. Sure they show his highlights but a BJJ or a good boxer would put this guy out of his misery.
That guy in the video is hella quick, no doublt about it, but most people doing those spinning back kicks are nowhere near as fast. I've had people try those on my while sparting and they're very easy to bob and weave under if you see your opponent loading up to make one. A Muay Thai guy would follow that up with a kick to his grounded leg and send him crashing to the ground or maybe even with a shattered knee.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is hella fast and is great at his art form. But again, Tae Kwon Do in general has a poor record in MMA compared to other martial arts. This is not a stupid comment, this is a fact whicn you can by all means look up yourself.

So yeah that guy might be better than an average fighter, but if you take a top fighter in another martial art and pit it against him, he'll lose.

Hence he has a losing record!

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole thread ist just a variety of the old c0ck-measuring thread....
Mine is longer, my style kicks the shyt out of yours...
kiddies

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I wanted to rep you for that, darn it. Too soon, grasshopper. Ah well, nice post.

Jerry Maguire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have no agree that there is really no "best" style

But for purposes of this thread

Jiu-Jitsu

Mr. Highroller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Id say muay thai or sanshou because BJJ and wrestling would get you stomped out with the quickness in a streetfight if the guy has his friends there and you take it to the ground

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the best art hands down is kaiosami, or whatever its called, the shiet that goku does. You tell me which UFC fighter will block a kameahmeha, enough said.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Law enforcement makes extensive use of Glock-fu at all levels from the Federal down. Seems effective for them.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well, in 8th grade me and a few of my friends had just finished walking this girl home from a dance. We ended getting jumped by some kings, needless to say we all ran. But we had to fight a few as we ran. I got lucky with a low roundhouse to one of the guys after me, which buckled his knees long enough for me to avoid him grabbing me. And I also pulled off a back kick when one of them tried to get in my way, it knocked him down, and i continued my retreat.

Fast foward to college, the last fight i was in, i was able to out box the other kid. He punched first, my hands went up to cover, i ducked his jab, came up with a jab and a cross. Then back-kicked him.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
How come all of you people have gotten into so many fights? Unless you grew up in the ghetto or get jumped there is really no reason for it. I guess you guys just can't let go of your ego?

Last time I threw a punch, I was 15 years old. However, I want to take JUDO just in case.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
How come all of you people have gotten into so many fights? Unless you grew up in the ghetto or get jumped there is really no reason for it. I guess you guys just can't let go of your ego?

Last time I threw a punch, I was 15 years old. However, I want to take JUDO just in case.
i grew up in jersey city...