Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What every skinny guy should know...

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Reaction to my new physique

Originally posted by Dirtheart
I'm not going to start a field report or a separate thread for this, so I'll tack it on here.

During the university holidays I have been working out and have managed to gain 12lbs and drop some bodyfat. Today I returned to uni and the reactions I got made me realise it was all so worthwhile.

I spoke to a lot of women today and almost every one of them seemed to be eyeing me up and down, twirling their hair and flirting with me and I picked up some comments about how "fit" and "good" I'm looking. I got talking to a HB9.9 model (I posted her pic on this board a long time ago) and her equally hot friend. I was getting very strong vibes from both of them and all the textbook signs. A group of my friends who were looking over said it looked like they were definitely hitting on me, so it wasn't just in my mind.

I have a girlfriend so I didn't pursue anything, but the attention I was getting today was alarming, and the only reason I can see for it is my new and improved physique.

Another bonus here is that my self-esteem and confidence is sky high...which as we all know is attractive to women. :)
looks has nothing to do with getting women... you can get the hottest women if you look skinny too. :rolleyes:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fuking A, You are dead on Pookster, i always wondered why it is Fat chicks hit on me constantly... I was 6" 150..now 163... gonna be at 175 at the end of the school year... no more fat chicks.

What exercises have worked wonders for you guys?
I'm sticking to 4-8 reps ..not doing my legs ..but have a lot of cardio from basketball (yeah i heard it's bad but it is my passion).

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
Fuking A, You are dead on Pookster, i always wondered why it is Fat chicks hit on me constantly... I was 6" 150..now 163... gonna be at 175 at the end of the school year... no more fat chicks.

I'm sticking to 4-8 reps ..not doing my legs ..but have a lot of cardio from basketball (yeah i heard it's bad but it is my passion).

You get most growth from the legs though:confused:

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some replies:

Instead I would get into a sport that gives me the type of body I wish for (based of course on my particular structure and what would be good for me)

its silly not to go to the gym for most sports, as strong legs and upper body strength are a must for any sport I can think of

IT'S BORING

It can be to some people, but for me it was a break from the norm. It was stress release.

IT DOESN'T LOOK NATURAL (your body)

There is a huge difference in looks between a real athlete, and a heavy steriod freak with a bunch of tatoos and a fake tan. Athletes look much more natural obviously.

PEOPLE CAN TELL YOU'VE BEEN AT THE GYM

Most women I have encountered like that I go to the gym. Like I said earlyer in this post, the attention I get now is much more positive than 4 years ago.

IT DRAINS YOU OF ENERGY (instead of adding energy like a sport would)

I'll still play sports for hours on end after going to the gym. Its not really aerobic, even with 20 seconds between sets. The gym adds energy I need through the day, it doesnt take it away; lethargy does.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide

Train your legs or you will be laughed at rather than admired. Nothing worse than some guy who only works the vanity muscles and then has chicken legs.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I agree but its alot of hard work just to get with a *****.

Im skinny as **** but i feel as if i project testosterone and masculinity just with the way i am.

I could use some extra lbs but its whatever to me right now.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need not work your ass off

Pook's right on. Putting on a bit of muscle mass madde a huge difference for me.

Thing is, you don't need to work all that hard at it.

Skinnyguy.net is very good, and I recommend it to anyone, but one doesn't even need to be that thorough to get results. I made my best progress doing 2-set full-body workouts with very heavy weight just once a week. That, and keeping feeding myself constantly. Always have bodybuilding drinks or bars on hand. Then I took several months off, and am now starting to get back into it again.

The range Pook described is where every bit of progress can make the greatest difference. Many women consider a too thin bodybuild the least attractive for a man, whereas the "cut" bodybuild with good muscle mass is considered one of the most attractive. Most of the "most sexy men" tend to be about 6'-6'1" and about 185 lb.

Libertine

Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into HST as well.

Hy-per-tro-phy :

A nontumorous enlargement of an organ or a tissue as a result of an increase in the size rather than the number of constituent cells: muscle hypertrophy.

Hypertrophy-Specific-Training
www.hypertrophy-specific.com

Eating For Size// HST article

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/HSreport/iss04/index.html#art_1

--------------------------------------------

Some Body type information:
http://bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html

Note from Me: There is hardly any full meso ,ecto or endomorphs. Most people are usually Meso-Ecto or Endo-Meso.

Max-OT:

www.ast-ss.com

Both types of training are free.

Faur

Reaction score
...I do abs on a reclined bench, forgot to say :)

In my post I was thinking mostly of the guys for wich the only sport is working out at the gym

I know some guys that just look bad with those un-even pumped muscles, and I'm sure there will be girls who won't find them attractive (because of the un-naturalness and the possibility of them being "image freaks" - the guys i.e.)

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Faur
...I do abs on a reclined bench, forgot to say :)

In my post I was thinking mostly of the guys for wich the only sport is working out at the gym

I know some guys that just look bad with those un-even pumped muscles, and I'm sure there will be girls who won't find them attractive (because of the un-naturalness and the possibility of them being "image freaks" - the guys i.e.)
Working out at the gym isn't a sport. It's used for a number of things, but I do it for stress relief and self improvement. Just like you might read a book for the simple pleasure of improving your knowledge in an area you're interested in, I work out at the gym for the simple pleasure of improving my body. As for what you consider aesthetic - it's up to you. Yes there are 'some' girls who don't like muscular bodies, but it's pretty much a guarantee there are a lot more better looking girls who prefer muscular men.

As for naturalness - what if your body is 'naturally' weak or obese looking? What's so great about 'naturalness'. Development is far more impressive than natural. If I see a guy with an undeveloped body, it's not a sign of impressive naturality to me. It just indicates that they're most likely too weak minded and undisciplined to train themselves to become strong.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A strong man has many friends.

Well, I'm 6'5" 195lbs... I'm not gonna argue, it does help. But I still say that attitude is far more important.

I've been thinking about bulking down a little bit. When I was about 160lbs I was a heck of a lot more acrobatic in my martial arts skills. And really, only experience has made me a better DJ since then... not my looks.

[No further comment]

Anyways, interesting post, Pook.

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: A strong man has many friends.

Originally posted by Spike_the_Dragon
Well, I'm 6'5" 195lbs... I'm not gonna argue, it does help. But I still say that attitude is far more important.

I've been thinking about bulking down a little bit. When I was about 160lbs I was a heck of a lot more acrobatic in my martial arts skills. And really, only experience has made me a better DJ since then... not my looks.

[No further comment]

Anyways, interesting post, Pook.
Cutting down to 160lbs at 6'5" would probably make you look pretty skinny?

Nevermind if you intend on just cutting a bit.

And you know I think you have the confidence to gain those experiences when you don't have problems with your body. You get respect + interest easier and success leads to more success.

asd77840

Don Juan
Reaction score
muscle versus height

I don't doubt the increased attention that results from adding a *proportionate* amount of muscle, then cutting to get a superior physique.

But for guys like me, who are 5-ft-4-in tall (162.5 cm), I question what a defined physique can do for you when it comes to attracting girls. Height is far more important than muscle, and unfortunately there is nothing you can do to increase your height by the time you are in your late 20s (I'm 29).

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Progress report

And a bump for this superb thread.

Got back into working out, with heavy weights once a week.

8 lbs gained in 2 weeks.

You don't have to work all that hard at it. Lack of time is no issue, unless you're doing a med school residency.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am sceptical. Granted if you are good looking and add some muscle you will be even more attractive to women. But take someone who has an average face-one that never turns any heads, and an average body (not fat, not thin, just average). Now if that guy was to build up his body to say Mens' Health cover boy standards, how much would the quality of the women he attracts really increase?

My feeling is maybe say go from 5s to 6s and possibly 7s. But to get the 8s,9s and 10s you do need to be good looking facially, either in a pretty boy way or a masculine way.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Progress report

Originally posted by Bonhomme
And a bump for this superb thread.

Got back into working out, with heavy weights once a week.

8 lbs gained in 2 weeks.

You don't have to work all that hard at it. Lack of time is no issue, unless you're doing a med school residency.
If you don't work hard at it you won't have much of a physique. Unless Justin timberlake has your ideal body:rolleyes:

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have gd hair, clear skin, gd dress scence, broad shoulders (gd body in general), a gd rear (very important, some grls will only go for guys with a nice bottom), tall, gd posture, then you will "attract" girls. This could make you or break you though, as you can depend too much on them looks, and never feel good enough.

Average guys with a "addictive" personality go much further. It's like learning to play a guitar, to get to this level.

if you can combine both of these together then you'll be unstopable. Just because your building brad pitts body don't forget, don't forget, don't forget to practise the "addictive personality part too. Most girls don't approach period.

Hope this makes scence.