Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What every skinny guy should know...

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've almost finished week 3 of Anthony Ellis' program.

I'm 17 years old, started at 6' 144.5 lbs. Always been athletic and had a low bf so i dont look like a cancer child but nevertheless, skinny. definitely skinny. i know i'd get alot more respect from people if i added 30 pounds or so (girls tell me i look good and without a shirt on they tell me i have a nice body but my hands/arms are simply skinny so i usually look skinny over-all, not muscular :mad: )

I'm now somewhere in between 148-150. (about 4.5 pounds in 3 weeks)

Those who did the program, did you have massive 'newbie' gains?

Approx. how much did you add in the first 2-4 weeks?

true|hockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.

I started out at 5'10" 140 ish lbs, and was the typical submissive low self esteem kid who had 0 chance with women. Some due to additude, some due to childish unkempt looks

shot up to about 180, more of an athletic theme. Things with women are much easier now. My personality is still adjusting, but its much easier to get the attention of ladies, and have them ask ' do you play on this schools ___ team" as opposed to " I wish I was as skinny as you are"

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by true|hockey
much easier to get the attention of ladies, and have them ask ' do you play on this schools ___ team" as opposed to " I wish I was as skinny as you are"
hahaha word

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not how much you weigh, its how you carry yourself. One of my best friends was extremely skinny at one point. I'm talking around 6' and 120 lbs, but he was confident(probably even ****y) and didnt take **** from noone. That guy was gettin nookie from the hottest chicks around.

Sure some muscles wont hurt, but if you cant get chicks to notice you its most likely how you dress, how you carry yourself or you're just busted...no amount of muscle will help the latter.

HollowHorizon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
4 guys walk into a Pool room one of them is ripped..
One girl goes Woo hoo, I know that comment wasent about with me
Another Girl goes Damnnnn in a positive tone... I say i wish it was me, Althouh ive come to see now it is me!

Chin Up

gm8384

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to disagree, partly. Some girls only go for muscular guys, others only go for skinny guys. Its like guys who only date girls with big (or small) boobs.

Levex is right, its not what you weigh, its how you carry yourself.

If you are happy being skinny (or even fat for that matter) it doesn't matter what other people think. Sure maybe you could get more girls if you had more muscle, but I am happy enough not having to work out and having more time to do the things that I enjoy.

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pooks post talks about his muscles getting chicks to come to him and hit on him without him doing anything at all. Can these skinny yet ****y confident guys who carry themselves well just stand there in the corner of a room without saying anything and the hottest chicks will just flock to them?

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'10 and I weigh 130, I have a fast metabolism and I eat tons but never seem to gain any wieght. I tried working out for a while but never really put on any wieght. It just seems to me that working out has been pretty useless so I stopped. I should probably start working out again, but I really dont know what way, or methods to use seeing how theres so many methods doomed to fail. But hey, women still tell me i'm cute (despite being skinny) so I guess I'm happy.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kourt
I'm 5'10 and I weigh 130, I have a fast metabolism and I eat tons but never seem to gain any wieght. I tried working out for a while but never really put on any wieght. It just seems to me that working out has been pretty useless so I stopped. I should probably start working out again, but I really dont know what way, or methods to use seeing how theres so many methods doomed to fail. But hey, women still tell me i'm cute (despite being skinny) so I guess I'm happy.
you think you eat alot but you don't

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lift weights and eat a proper diet and you will ut on size. Sometimes it can take a while mind.

Yes a buff body does attract girls. I've got a god body but I'm not big. If I havnt got a vest on or top off grls don't realise I weight train. I remember once I lifted my top up in a club to show this girl that I do lift weights (AFC days) and her jaw litularly dropped and she used her hand to pick it back up. Shame about her b/f..

Broad shoulders are a must!

An example is my cousen. yeah he's always been good with girls but when he went on steroids he had shed loads of girls chasing him. Hot ones! Cloths fit him better now and everyone thinks he looks great. The natural path is more safe though. Plus steroids have realy effected his facial appearance for the worse (got u guys who are tempted).

I'm 5'11, 147lbs, (started under 100lbs 3yrs ago) low b/f and want to get to 180lbs. Everyone says I look about 160lbs and are shocked when i tell them.

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you bulk up the delts, you'd be suprised how a little bit of mass makes you appear far broader!

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
FIVE STARS

This is the best thing out of Pook in a long time. Good enough to move me to make my first post in about 6 months.

I've gone from 5'11" 124# to 5'11" 168# over roughly the last 3 years and it has made a huge difference. People have more respect for you. You have more respect for yourself. You sleep less. You have more energy. Women stop going out of their way to tell you what a nice guy you are. You will even be smarter. Really. Don't buy the dumb jock stereotype. Your mind will be sharper.

For those of you who can't seem to move above their current weight, don't be discouraged. I had almost zero gains my first year. You win the muscle game with consistancy and mule stubborness. Never quit. Ever.

I recommend (in this order of importance):

* Protein supplement. You must consume 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. Remove all other liquid calories from your diet to make room in your stomach. No more soft drinks, juices, or "sports drinks." There is no real nutrition in those drinks anyway. I've found the best deal for a protein I can stomach is the 10lb bag of 100% Whey from musclesurf com.

* (BULKING DIET)
- Eat real beef. You can get a george foreman grill sized to cook for one at Walmart for about $12. It is fast, easy, and cleans up with a damp sponge.

- Eat potatos when bulking. The beef and potatos meal with a glass of whey after a workout is tried and true.

*(CUTTING DIET)
- Eat white meat chicken and tuna when cutting.

- No potatos.

- Cut aggressively. Burning fat is what you do best as a hardgainer. Eat like a bird (but maintain enough protein to keep muscle) and do cardio like there is no tomorrow.

* Run. A lot. A lot of folks will tell you that you should never do your cardio immediately after lifting during bulking (the "go home and grow" doctrine) but my experience as a hardgainer is that running is a must. If you can't do a 5 minute mile, you cannot get big. Most of you skinny guys can't lift enough in the squat or deadlift to grow because your heart and lungs would explode. Believe me, I've been there. Get thyself on the treadmill. The rowing machine will work too if you bust your tail, but you will be doing things the hard way. The bicycle, elliptical, and stairmaster are for skeletal women who want to lose that last five pounds so you can count the rest of her ribs. Run!

* Last thing on my list is lifting heavy, mostly freeweights. That part bears repeating since it goes against what most of you have been taught. Muscles are built 10% at the weight stack. The real work is what you put in your belly and kick starting your body's chemical engine with all the aggression you can muster on the treadmill.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID
Plus steroids have realy effected his facial appearance for the worse (got u guys who are tempted).

Steroids don't change your facial appearance. Growth hormone does.

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scrumtulescence
Do you run a risk of putting on pounds in Fat as well as Muscle with a 'bulking' diet over a 'cutting' diet?
YES

In fact, if you don't put on some fat while bulking, you did it wrong. This is basic thermodynamics. You must have a calorie surplus to gain weight and build muscle. You will always store a portion of excess calories as fat.

If you are soft and jiggle, cut until you stop jiggling. Otherwise, eat like a carnivorous animal.

Read this part carefully: If you are skinny, bulk up. Add both muscle and fat. You need both. Women are repulsed by both your lack of musculature and your boniness.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scrumtulescence
Do you run a risk of putting on pounds in Fat as well as Muscle with a 'bulking' diet over a 'cutting' diet?
When gaining muscle it is impossible to not gain fat unless you do a ridiculously clean and slow bulk. When you cut you are losing fat not gaining muscle.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: FIVE STARS

Originally posted by NMMWCR

* Run. A lot. A lot of folks will tell you that you should never do your cardio immediately after lifting during bulking (the "go home and grow" doctrine) but my experience as a hardgainer is that running is a must. If you can't do a 5 minute mile, you cannot get big. Most of you skinny guys can't lift enough in the squat or deadlift to grow because your heart and lungs would explode. Believe me, I've been there. Get thyself on the treadmill. The rowing machine will work too if you bust your tail, but you will be doing things the hard way. The bicycle, elliptical, and stairmaster are for skeletal women who want to lose that last five pounds so you can count the rest of her ribs. Run!

Running while bulking is a terrible idea

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NMMWCR
YES

In fact, if you don't put on some fat while bulking, you did it wrong. This is basic thermodynamics. You must have a calorie surplus to gain weight and build muscle. You will always store a portion of excess calories as fat.

If you are soft and jiggle, cut until you stop jiggling. Otherwise, eat like a carnivorous animal.

Read this part carefully: If you are skinny, bulk up. Add both muscle and fat. You need both. Women are repulsed by both your lack of musculature and your boniness.
I'm definitley not boney (I could actually ideally lose a couple more pounds of fat). But I spent many months burning off pounds of fat, and I don't want to gain any of that pudginess back.