Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What every skinny guy should know...

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi. I agree: putting some muscle on is really good for you. I went from a skinny 140lbs at 6 foot to 190lbs in around two years and it has done wonders for my confidence and I now get respect.

Here is what I found helped for me-sorry if it reiterates what has already been said.

WEIGHTS: Stick to compound exercises and emphasise squats and deadlifts. If you get these up to around 200-300lbs then you will look good all over. Add some dips or bench presses, some pulldowns and rows, and some shoulder presses (dumbells are best I found) and bingo-skinny guy no longer.

FOOD: this is the most important thing. If you are skinny and young you will need to work up to around 4000 calories a day or more. This is hard to do so drink lots of milk, eat lots of beef and chicken, and don't skimp on the carbs. Pasta, rice and cereals are all good energy food. To stay healthy remember fruit and vegetables and olive oil and nuts.

I would not go so far as to say that running (even if it is fast running) will build muscle, but it is definitely a good idea to do some moderate exercise 2-3 times a week to build conditioning (to deal with the heavy squats!) and help recovery and build up an appetite.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're worried about a little bit of fat, then you really dont have the balls to eat enough good food to bulk. When you start looking bigger, you dont care that you're starting to lose your ripped abs anymore.

And I'm with you 95% on the cardio. Not if you're doing a heavy bulk, but cardio is still really important to big lifting. Why else do you think Franco Columbo could blow up a hot water bottle, and every huge lifter has a big rib cage? Big lungs!

Now go eat like a beast and hit the gym!

Danny Zuko

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice, great post! 155 @ 6'3 :eek::eek: didn't know you were that thin Pook...

Learn from the Doer's not the talkers like Pook I have seen both sides of the scale I was also very skinny 5'10 [132lbs] and had the exact same problem as Pook ugly/fat girls would approach and think they stood a chance. Naturally this got worse as I got older aswell my freinds starting growing into their frames [puberty/hormones] and putting weight on if anything I got thinner. I was always blessed with a great face but this wasn't close to enough and I was always labeled 'cute' not 'sexy' and 'hot' like my mates who were nothing special just masculine and not skinny guys.

One thing Pook stated that struck a chord within me is just like him ugly/fat girls would be approach me without me doing anything it was my body alone even with a great face I attracting these ugly/fat girls. Today I weight a trim 175lbs which looks very big on me seeing as I have been blessed with what bodybuilders call bird joints and every pound of muscle I gain looks like 3-4. Things are great know only 8's and up ;)

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: FIVE STARS

Originally posted by Fatality
Running while bulking is a terrible idea
Like I said earlier, most people disagree with me on this. I still think given the context of this discussion *skinny guys* that running is essential, even during bulking, (your mileage may vary.) Nine out of ten skinny guys will stay skinny until they can run a mile in under 5 minutes. This is because they cannot squat or dead more than about 115% of their bodyweight without getting dizzy and passing out. This was precisely my experience. I remember a nasty grey out experience back in my 124# days where I nearly passed stone cold out trying to dead 150 pounds. It is just embarrasing now. There are women at most gyms who dead more than that.

I find that if I am not running, I am not growing.

Anyone remember the olympics? The guys who have the body I am trying to build were not the powerlifters. It was the sprinters. The 100M guys all look like they had been carved out of granite.

w00t! I have new motivation to add that last elusive 12 pounds needed for my long term goal. And I am going to do it in part by kicking up my running another notch until I can do a FOUR minute mile. It is going to be really difficult as I seriously doubt there are more than about 0.5% of the population who can achieve such a thing. But it is going to give me motivation to work my legs hard and watch my diet with enhanced scrutiny.

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People always say "of course you should run to bulk up, just look at olympic runners!", but they're already bulked up. I'm still utterly confused as to how much I should run if I'm trying to bulk up. I'll hear some people say you need to run, and others will say that cardio will burn muscle mass. Which is it, and why should I believe it?

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is so retarded. Use your common sense, people! Sprinters are muscular because they run SHORT distances - they train for explosive power, and their bodies utilize glycogen for short-term energy. Long distance runners like marathonners are the ones that lose muscle mass like crazy because they constantly burn energy to run long distances. Think about it. Sprint training will not only build up your explosiveness - it will also promote better balance, reflexes, and overall musculature/posture. It's a great element of cross-training you can add to your weightlifting, if you want to be buff, but also fast and explosive. If you just want to weight 250 pounds at 5'9", then that isn't for you.

ImpatientFire

Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree with this post. I'm a large and athletic fellow (6'6") and not every single hot chic is attracted to me (though I get lots of attention and a$$ thrown at me). I think it depends on the girl and what her type is (I mean how do you explain all these skinny rock stars making it to E! Hot 100 males). I think the problem with skinny guys is that they're generally not confident. You guys should stop hating your bodies and start being more confident to approach these hot chix. You can't read a girl's interest from just looking. Carry yourself like you are the $hit, and fukkin approach ;).

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ImpatientFire
I disagree with this post. I'm a large and athletic fellow (6'6") and not every single hot chic is attracted to me (though I get lots of attention and a$$ thrown at me). I think it depends on the girl and what her type is (I mean how do you explain all these skinny rock stars making it to E! Hot 100 males). I think the problem with skinny guys is that they're generally not confident. You guys should stop hating your bodies and start being more confident to approach these hot chix. You can't read a girl's interest from just looking. Carry yourself like you are the $hit, and fukkin approach ;).
No one get full attention from every hot chick, but you will have an aura of maleness and dominance when you are big. Pooks stuff is spot on, you have to transform from skinnyguy/fatguy to athletic to understand the difference. You get some attention from hot chicks, skinnyguys/fatguys get NONE. See the difference?

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You answered your own question just then. Rock stars have:

A bad boy attitude
Shedloads of confidence
Money that comes out their ears
The biggest slab of social proof you'll find anywhere
Creativity

I know loads of people that are more attractive than half of these 'COSMO'S TOP TEN GUYS!' columns. And yes, carrying yourself like you're the sh1t is important - but you have to do it ALL the time. Waiting for a bus, eating food, drinking a pint, in a lift, walking to college in the rain - wherever.

ImpatientFire

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
You answered your own question just then. Rock stars have:

A bad boy attitude
Shedloads of confidence
Money that comes out their ears
The biggest slab of social proof you'll find anywhere
Creativity

I know loads of people that are more attractive than half of these 'COSMO'S TOP TEN GUYS!' columns. And yes, carrying yourself like you're the sh1t is important - but you have to do it ALL the time. Waiting for a bus, eating food, drinking a pint, in a lift, walking to college in the rain - wherever.
I carry myself like I'm the $hit all the time, and believe me it helps :D . I got the room numbers from 2 hot chix on campus last week just because they thought I walk ****y (go figure ;)). Guys believe me, being confident and driven helps even more than muscles. But if being muscular is what you need to feel confident go for it :cool: .

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The main problem with this thread is that alot of people will think. I'm not even gonna talk to girls now until I'm good enough.

ImpatientFire

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by S0LID
The main problem with this thread is that alot of people will think. I'm not even gonna talk to girls now until I'm good enough.
I agree.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you've got monster lats bursting out of your shirt, and quads/hams that are starting to get too big for your jeans, you have to walk like the sh1t, it cant be done any other way! :p

and yeah - army guys arent big and women dig those. Just carry yourself better, and things will improve. But I've got to stress ALL THE TIME! If you put on the walk and dont look like that when you're sat down, or just talking with a mate, you look plain stupid :D

Faur

Reaction score
I would not go to the gym for bulking...

Instead I would get into a sport that gives me the type of body I wish for (based of course on my particular structure and what would be good for me)

I do mountain biking and skiing and I also want to take up tennis next year.
Bikers are usually thin, but I do cross country, so carrying my bike in the back on ascension does work my muscles more than gym activity would. And it's a lot more fun

I like ski and tennis made bodies, so it's going to be a lot of tennis for me next spring

I went to the gym for six months when I was 20, and it worked (was very skinny at start)... but:

IT'S BORING

IT DOESN'T LOOK NATURAL (your body)

PEOPLE CAN TELL YOU'VE BEEN AT THE GYM

IT DRAINS YOU OF ENERGY (instead of adding energy like a sport would)

I think gym is for professional body builders and professional sportsmen that need extra work on some muscles

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Faur
I went to the gym for six months when I was 20, and it worked (was very skinny at start)... but:

IT'S BORING

I think gym is for professional body builders and professional sportsmen that need extra work on some muscles
boring - it's challenging

doesn't look natural - that's because most folk don't give a fcvk about themselves

people can tell you've been at the gym - that's a good thing. shows self control if nothing else

drains your energy - i'm the opposite

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Faur

Bikers are usually thin, but I do cross country, so carrying my bike in the back on ascension does work my muscles more than gym activity would.

IT'S BORING

Maybe Olympia contenders should carry a bike instead of actually lift weights since it is more beneficial than any gym activity.:rolleyes:

"IT'S BORING" - Not to me, nothing fire me up more than pushing and pressing alot of weight.

"IT DOESN'T LOOK NATURAL" - I agree and that's a good thing. Natural to most people is a beer belly with twig arms.

"PEOPLE CAN TELL YOU'VE BEEN AT THE GYM" - That's the idea DUH!!!!! Is it embarrassing to admit that you workout? Better to look like you've been to the gym than Mcdonalds.

"IT DRAINS YOU OF ENERGY (instead of adding energy like a sport would)" - That's just you

HB_Hunter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the only downfall of the post ...though it is very motivating to work out but Im for example 5'8 and 65 kilos and growing but does this mean that i can't pull of the Hot hotty chickittas ?? No I don't think so Cz I know some of the Gym Rats that are afraid to embrace risk and approach girls not like me...

so you should embrace your sexuality ..The sexual ones only get the very beautiful chikittas . I think this post highlight the fact that It becomes much easier to get Hot girls when you get the Mascline physique (205 ) according to your hieght ofcourse .

But It doesn't mean for example that the not so Tough guys pull off the beautiful chicks ...or what does this say about Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt?? Everyone builds his own world , depending on his desires , imagination , goals and ambitions ...it doesn't mean that everybody shall be a bodybuilder .

Thanx for the motivation Pook to Work out .

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction to my new physique

I'm not going to start a field report or a separate thread for this, so I'll tack it on here.

During the university holidays I have been working out and have managed to gain 12lbs and drop some bodyfat. Today I returned to uni and the reactions I got made me realise it was all so worthwhile.

I spoke to a lot of women today and almost every one of them seemed to be eyeing me up and down, twirling their hair and flirting with me and I picked up some comments about how "fit" and "good" I'm looking. I got talking to a HB9.9 model (I posted her pic on this board a long time ago) and her equally hot friend. I was getting very strong vibes from both of them and all the textbook signs. A group of my friends who were looking over said it looked like they were definitely hitting on me, so it wasn't just in my mind.

I have a girlfriend so I didn't pursue anything, but the attention I was getting today was alarming, and the only reason I can see for it is my new and improved physique.

Another bonus here is that my self-esteem and confidence is sky high...which as we all know is attractive to women. :)

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dam dirt heart I bet your still doing that ego thing where you feel great when you have compliments, and terrible days when u have no signals.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dam dirt heart I bet your still doing that ego thing where you feel great when you have compliments, and terrible days when u have no signals.
I see what you mean, but nowadays I'm naturally confident in myself regardless of any attention. However, lots of high interest increases my confidence even more. But also the way I feel since I've been working out gives me extra confidence too.