Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

US soldier throws puppy from cliff

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
great story pen.

i dont think the marines are all that much different than us.

what you are seeing on this board regarding throwing puppies off a cliff is probably what you are seeing in the marines. probably 10% of the guys think its no big deal while the other 90% are disgusted by it. not only are they disgusted by the act itself, but by the bad reputation that ONE soldier gives to all the rest of them (Im sure that p*sses them off more than anything).

reality is, in a group of a 100 people there will always be ONE idiot moron that is off his rocker.

Look, letting gorgeous women pass you by is a sin against nature.

But with the secrets in The Natural, you'll electrify any interaction and have stunners eating out of your hand.

From the first "hello" to the bedroom, this manual gives you the verbal ammunition and psychological tricks to make her putty.

Get Your Copy of The Natural - For Free!

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
reality is, in a group of a 100 people there will always be ONE idiot moron that is off his rocker.
aint that the freggin truth!

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
I understand that a tiger might want to eat me. I can still not agree with other humans hunting and killing that tiger for no good reason. That's easy to understand isn't it?

Totally. Very easy to understand... and as a matter of fact, most of the fighting going on in this thread is really all about a misunderstanding if you go back and read it. Anyone who would be cruel to an animal needs help. I revere animals... I would never be cruel to one!

There is also a distinct difference between poachers and hunters. I am a hunter. :yes:

j-flex

Banned
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
I missed this one... are you talking about the nature of this thread or the actions of that soldier?!
the actions of that soldier. it looks like a part from a comedy movie. though in real life is bad and not funny, if it were a movie it would be so funny (i actually have seen this in movies).

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had dog when I visited Vietnam. It was really stringy but otherwise tasted good.

Trinitron

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
No one had the cojones to say that it wasn't a bad thing, they just said it wasn't a big deal and tried to justify it by equating it to hunting or sport. So since it's not a big deal I'm asking whether they would do something similar like the soldier did on a whim in their own back yard. It's no big deal, right?
It really isn't a big deal. Explain to me why this has such magnitude for you?
You lot are just stupidly sentimental. Like I've already said, villages get bombed, countries crippled with economic sanctions, serial killers murder dozens of people and we don't get 12 pages of liberal drivel like we have here. Where is your heart for these people?

So since it's not a big deal I'm asking whether they would do something similar like the soldier did on a whim in their own back yard. It's no big deal, right?
No one said it was right. Stealing a plant pot is not a big deal but it still isn't ok to do.

Not a big deal =/= ok to do

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trinitron said:
It really isn't a big deal. Explain to me why this has such magnitude for you?
You lot are just stupidly sentimental. Like I've already said, villages get bombed, countries crippled with economic sanctions, serial killers murder dozens of people and we don't get 12 pages of liberal drivel like we have here. Where is your heart for these people?

No one said it was right. Stealing a plant pot is not a big deal but it still isn't ok to do.

Not a big deal =/= ok to do
Where is your heart for a guy who believes that it's funny to toss a puppy off a cliff, or do you see him as a kindrid spirit where as you can see yourself doing something similar? Is this why you keep changing the subject and detracting from the topic? Why don't you answer the question, if you had the chance would you toss a puppy off a cliff on a whim?

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you abhor a man killing a puppy for a laugh you don't care about serial killers. That makes sense.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
If you abhor a man killing a puppy for a laugh you don't care about serial killers. That makes sense.
What's making more and more sense is the reason why you keep deflecting the question.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
the reason you often get people who can't stand to see animals hurt but don't get too upset over humans being killed is generally the result of their experience with the two species. we accept that within our own species horrible things are going to happen because humans are crazy - but its further upsetting when we see that insanity spread beyond the human realm into the natural world where an animals only crime was crossing paths with a human.

additionally though, the reason some people feel so passionately about animals is because animals will 'love' you unconditionally. an animal will bond with you and stick by your side for the rest of your life.

whereas most humans hurt other humans on a regular basis.

so while killing a human is just as wrong as killing an innocent animal (in fact more wrong), its totally understandable the oversentimental attachment people have to animals.

personally i dont understand people who have a callous 'its just an animal' attitude. i strongly suspect they never grew up with a pet. for those who grew up with a pet, you'll find that during their developmental years the pet was often their closest source of unconditional love. while humans (parents, classmates, teachers, etc.) were all prone to being somewhat cruel, their pet always loved them.

but people who went through their developmental years without a pet around just don't understand why these people exist who love animals so much. the primary reason is that it was animals that got them through their developmental years with a sense of unconditional love.

this is yet another lesson about how powerful unconditional love is, and how humans could learn a thing or two from the loyalty pets show their owners.

so when people see a soldier killing a puppy, that puppy represents a source of unconditional love that many experienced in their developmental years via their pets, and it evokes a tremendous sense of rage.

anyway, my view is that animals are awesome and that anyone who would kill a dog or cat for no reason is mentally disturbed big time.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jcnjGFAQJys

(even just watching animals makes me laugh my *ss off).

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
What's making more and more sense is the reason why you keep deflecting the question.
Hey I was employing sarcasm. I'm on your side against the puppy-killer-lovers!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf said:
I don't agree with hurting or killing an animal jsut for the hell of it, eg. a man sees a poor defenceless kitten, man is bored and decides to break the kittens neck...
Yet people don't see the big deal with someone believing that it's no big deal to do that. That and attempting to justify it by equating it to an actual sport or need for survival is also disturbing.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
the reason you often get people who can't stand to see animals hurt but don't get too upset over humans being killed is generally the result of their experience with the two species. we accept that within our own species horrible things are going to happen because humans are crazy - but its further upsetting when we see that insanity spread beyond the human realm into the natural world where an animals only crime was crossing paths with a human.
What are you talking about, animals kill each other all the time!

This reminds me of that one episode of "Family Guy", where death goes on a date with that chick who works in the pet store... I wasn't able to find it on youtube or I would have posted it. Very funny. I think the title was "Death Lives" or something like that.

Anyways, I've said pretty much all that needs to be said on the matter... pretty soon I'll just have to start quoting myself from posts I've already made within this same thread without even posting any new materal... Or I'll just assume that you all can't read and move on to something which hasn't been dragged to death like a dead horse behind a pickup truck.