Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

US soldier throws puppy from cliff

Trinitron

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Where is your heart for a guy who believes that it's funny to toss a puppy off a cliff, or do you see him as a kindrid spirit where as you can see yourself doing something similar? Is this why you keep changing the subject and detracting from the topic? Why don't you answer the question, if you had the chance would you toss a puppy off a cliff on a whim?
It's an inappropriate way to have fun, I wouldn't endorse it or personally do it.
But it is not wrong to hunt and kill for pleasure, especially the more common and smaller species. I was against the ban on fox hunting in England.

Now explain why this is such a big deal for you? This pales in significance to things that happen everyday all over the world. It is a complete non-issue which you are blowing out of proportion.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trinitron said:
..... It is a complete non-issue which you are blowing out of proportion.
I think the act shows a mental state that should be investigated and therefore characterizing this as a "complete non-issue" isn't accurate.

Trinitron

Banned
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
I think the act shows a mental state that should be investigated
And guess what buddy? No sane or professional person is going to agree with you on that. And nobody is going to waste thier time or money "investigating" his "mental state", other then perhaps yourself.
It is a non-issue and it is completely unimportant. And you can't provide any real reasoning to why this deserves any attention at all. Neither can Francisco or any of you.
If you want to do some social justice, why don't you look at the conditions of the places where your clothes and shoes are manufactued. Or the way in which your meat is buchered. I'm guessing you couldn't really care about all that serious stuff now, wouldn't want to upset your little liberal haze now would we.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trinitron said:
.... nobody is going to waste thier time or money "investigating" his "mental state", other then perhaps yourself.
Care to bet on it?

Trinitron said:
If you want to do some social justice, why don't you look at the conditions of the places where your clothes and shoes are manufactued. Or the way in which your meat is buchered. I'm guessing you couldn't really care about all that serious stuff now, wouldn't want to upset your little liberal haze now would we.
When I can get both sides of a debate worked into foaming at the mouth I can be pretty sure I'm right. Liberal haze? Me? Hahahahahaha. You a funny man, roundeye.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Wolf said:
I don't see what's fun about it, but it doesn't bother me much that some people do hunt for sport, cats kill birds and mice for no good reason at all, nobody goes insane over that. To do it for survival is more than okay, if I was in the middle of the jungle with the choice of eating *animal* or dieing, I think I'd know what I wanted to do.
I see your point that animals, even one's that are pets aren't all so kind and gentle, and let's forget that in this case it was a puppy, totally harmless. But cat's killing mice does serve a purpose, mice can overpopulate and be a nuisance. This is why I say it's also normal and natural for man to hunt and kill certain types of animals. Animals, like deer, moose, gme birds, etc., but not pets and non-game animals.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
But ... killing mice does serve a purpose, mice can overpopulate and be a nuisance .... but not pets and non-game animals.
If you don't think that's true of cats and dogs then I can see you've never been to a developing country.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
If you don't think that's true of cats and dogs then I can see you've never been to a developing country.

...or a Navajo reservation for that matter, they have strays running around everywhere. Theres a reason why we have animal control and, gasp... the humane society! :eek:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
I never said that cats and dogs or any other animal can't become a nuisance and even to their own survival. I'm not saying pets shouldn't be euthanized either. And if in some situation the cats and dogs overpopulate and have to be called in and the people there are that sh!t poor, it wouldn't be wrong to consume them. What I'm getting at is ecologically you wouldn't normally raises cats and dogs for food. It makes little sense to use omnivores/carnivores as part of the food chain. Plus these animals are intelligent and sensitive. Instead, for that purpose you would use animals of less intelligence that that graze on grass all day, just like most other predators do. My point is you shouldn't kill, and humanely at that, animals like dog's without a very good reason, and the only reasons I can think of is self-defense and euthunasia purposes. I think some people are confusing the issue here.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
.... these animals are intelligent and sensitive.
Oh good lord. I grew up on a farm and trust me, they are not significantly more intelligent than animals (besides fowl) that are used for food in our culture. Ever eat bacon? :rolleyes:

Now chickens, they are dumb enough that I can understand why some vegetarians will eat them. Watermelons seem a tiny bit smarter.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Oh good lord. I grew up on a farm and trust me, they are not significantly more intelligent than animals (besides fowl) that are used for food in our culture. Ever eat bacon? :rolleyes:

Now chickens, they are dumb enough that I can understand why some vegetarians will eat them. Watermelons seem a tiny bit smarter.

Well I disagree that most any other farm animal, even pigs, or other game animals are nearly as smart and sensitive as cats and especially dogs. I don't believe cats and dogs are nearly as suitable as food stock as most other animals.

Trinitron

Banned
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Care to bet on it?
Maybe this one singular masivly over exposed case. Only in America.

bigjohnson said:
When I can get both sides of a debate worked into foaming at the mouth I can be pretty sure I'm right. Liberal haze? Me? Hahahahahaha. You a funny man, roundeye.
Can be pretty sure you've spammed enough to ruin what was a good thread. Way to inject enough stupidity to ruin the thing bozo.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
..... I don't believe cats and dogs are nearly as suitable as food stock as most other animals.

Carnivores (predators) are harder to maintain in large quantity but it has little to nothing to do with intelligence.

Trinitron said:
Maybe this one singular masivly over exposed case.
Translation: You were full of shit and you know it.

Trinitron said:
Can be pretty sure you've spammed enough to ruin what was a good thread. Way to inject enough stupidity to ruin the thing bozo.
If by spam you mean injecting reason to make idiotic arguments obvious for what they are then I agree wholeheartedly.

Reaction score
Motari speaks:

"The Sergeant Major called me in today and it looks like they found out about the dog thing. I don't know who it was who put it on %#&!*% youtube, but man they are not happy... They were even talking about court martialing me, but they better not. It wouldn't be fair because they didn't court martial the last guy they caught %#&!*% with a dog.

%#&!*%, atleast i was humane about it. That guy from motor transport shot a dog in the stomach in front of the Major and everyone thought it was funny. I %#&!*% up and it gets on TV and all of a sudden it's wrong. This is some BS. POS media, always sticking its nose where it doesn't belong.

want to say first of all that I am really sorry for the whole puppy thing. I don't know why people are so pissed. It was a %#&!*% STRAY!!! Get the %#&!*% over it! You know how many people I see get blown away on a regular basis?!?! %#&!*% Man Not only the towle heads out here but my own friends!" Sorry you guys saw that, but it wasn't supposed to ever been shown. Usually what happens is we shoot them. I was being "creative" that day and decided to throw the dog instead. If i could take it back, I would. Either way, I did the dog a favor. Sorry if you can't understand that."
~~~
Response below written by a friend of David Motari's who served with him:
~~~
"The dog, along with other dogs, was killed because it could have given away their position to the enemy. It was also likely disease-ridden, maybe had rabies. You guy s don't know , you weren't there , you have no right to second guess what he did. We should just be grateful that we have young men like him who are willing to risk their young lives to protect our great nation and our freedoms. You sit on your asses living in comfort and whine and criticize those who are in harm's way.It stops right now. I just wish I could shake this young man's hand and say "thank you for your service and sacrifice." He's served in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan ... what have YOU done?"

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Both of those comments are hilarious.

'You guys don't know, you weren't there.' hahaha.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LeComteDeMonteCristo said:
Response below written by a friend of David Motari's who served with him:
~~~
"The dog, along with other dogs, was killed because it could have given away their position to the enemy. It was also likely disease-ridden, maybe had rabies. You guy s don't know , you weren't there , you have no right to second guess what he did. We should just be grateful that we have young men like him who are willing to risk their young lives to protect our great nation and our freedoms. You sit on your asses living in comfort and whine and criticize those who are in harm's way.It stops right now. I just wish I could shake this young man's hand and say "thank you for your service and sacrifice." He's served in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan ... what have YOU done?"
way to cover his friends a$$?
it might have been disease ridden with rabies, but who took the time to find out?
it might have been a stray, but again , who took the time to find out?
looked healthy to me!
i can understand it might have barked to give them away, so why not quickly shoot it instead of parade around hollering about "what a cute little dog it was" and make a big to do on tape of throwing it over a cliff?

hey, wait a minute, let's go find some youtube videos of our fathers over in vietnam slinging monkeys over cliffs so their positions don't get blown! oh, what's that? there aren't any... why not? oh, that's right - they knew better than to record dumb a$$ bullsnot like that showing evidence that could have gotten them into trouble. OUR FATHERS ATE those dead monkeys too, because you kill it, you eat it.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Motari speaks:

"The Sergeant Major called me in today and it looks like they found out about the dog thing. I don't know who it was who put it on %#&!*% youtube, but man they are not happy... They were even talking about court martialing me, but they better not. It wouldn't be fair because they didn't court martial the last guy they caught %#&!*% with a dog.

%#&!*%, atleast i was humane about it. That guy from motor transport shot a dog in the stomach in front of the Major and everyone thought it was funny. I %#&!*% up and it gets on TV and all of a sudden it's wrong. This is some BS. POS media, always sticking its nose where it doesn't belong.

want to say first of all that I am really sorry for the whole puppy thing. I don't know why people are so pissed. It was a %#&!*% STRAY!!! Get the %#&!*% over it! You know how many people I see get blown away on a regular basis?!?! %#&!*% Man Not only the towle heads out here but my own friends!" Sorry you guys saw that, but it wasn't supposed to ever been shown. Usually what happens is we shoot them. I was being "creative" that day and decided to throw the dog instead. If i could take it back, I would. Either way, I did the dog a favor. Sorry if you can't understand that."
apology not sincere and not accepted, and if everyone else jumped off a cliff - would you do it too?

Last edited:

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My father never ate any dead monkeys. My girlfriend's brother has though.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
My father never ate any dead monkeys. My girlfriend's brother has though.
mine did and he said it was better with kim-che (however you spell it)

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"You sit on your asses living in comfort and whine and criticize those who are in harm's way..."

"... You know how many people I see get blown away on a regular basis?!"
I don't know if this letter is legitimate or not, but that is actually a really good point. People are dying and all you care about is a puppy. What a bunch of ****ing armchair critics you are...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Motari speaks:

...Usually what happens is we shoot them. I was being "creative" that day and decided to throw the dog instead. If i could take it back, I would. Either way, I did the dog a favor. Sorry if you can't understand that."
~~~
He could become the next Bill Gates with creative thinking like that! Good thing they recorded it so that he can patent the rights to his remarkable concept!