US soldier throws puppy from cliff

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Has anyone actually said it's not a bad thing? I've skimmed some of this but all I remember was (in context) people saying this was being blown out of proportion.
No one had the cojones to say that it wasn't a bad thing, they just said it wasn't a big deal and tried to justify it by equating it to hunting or sport. So since it's not a big deal I'm asking whether they would do something similar like the soldier did on a whim in their own back yard. It's no big deal, right?

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Has anyone actually said it's not a bad thing? I've skimmed some of this but all I remember was (in context) people saying this was being blown out of proportion.
Exactly right. It blew way out of proportion. Although, there were actually a couple of guys making insensitive comments about the suffering of the animal thinking that it was funny, most of us it thought it was a pretty mean thing to do to a helpless little puppy. But it could have been worse... he could have flung a human child over the cliff instead of a puppy. Puppies are not equal to a human life, I don't care how cute and cuddly they are.

The guy needs therapy, not prison. Prison would just turn him into a cold, heartless criminal with no remorse whatsoever. That punnishment simply would not fit the crime, nor would it work.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
Exactly right. It blew way out of proportion. Although, there were actually a couple of guys making insensitive comments about the suffering of the animal thinking that it was funny, most of us it thought it was a pretty mean thing to do to a helpless little puppy. But it could have been worse... he could have flung a human child over the cliff instead of a puppy. Puppies are not equal to a human life, I don't care how cute and cuddly they are.

The guy needs therapy, not prison. Prison would just turn him into a cold, heartless criminal with no remorse whatsoever.
I think it's really interesting that people believe that the major issue of all of this is the puppy.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
.... So since it's not a big deal I'm asking whether they would do something similar like the soldier did on a whim in their own back yard. It's no big deal, right?
That logic doesn't work for me. It's no big deal that a guy I talk to on occasion goes and blows away little mammals in Christmas valley, but *I* won't be doing it. Everyone else in my family hunts (for food) but I have declined to go since the age of 18, but hunting like that isn't wrong.

For me the main issue is the disproportionate response it got. Mob mentality at work, follow the herd boys! Hang him high!

Aboleo said:
Exactly right. .....

Life would be better for everyone if you people would just learn to worship me sooner than later. ;)

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
Life would be better for everyone if you people would just learn to worship me sooner than later. ;)

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, now... I've got my own ego to stroke. :p

Oh, and you might be more careful about using the words "you people" or they will be trying to label you as a racist instead of me the next thing you know. Herd mentality all the way, brother. :crackup:

j-flex

Banned
Reaction score
Other than the legal ramifications why don't you just set in your back yard and pick off random animals on a whim?
i do it at my ranch. theres no legal ramifications lol.

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Puppies and cats?
He already told you that he was only interested in sport hunting, not senseless killing... stop trying to twist his words. Besides, don't you think it's really interesting that people believe that the major issue of all of this is really about a puppy or a kitten?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
He already told you that he was only interested in sport hunting, not senseless killing... stop trying to twist his words. Besides, don't you think it's really interesting that people believe that the major issue of all of this is really about a puppy or a kitten?
That wasn't my question. You guys keep avoiding it for seemingly obvious reasons.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have to be honest, the member of the board who found other youtube videos that seem to be made by the same guy, because it seems as if his voice is the same.. bothered me more.
one was where he asked an Iraqi child if he wanted some candy after he called him over, he scared him with a grenade.
the other video had the soldiers with a tank teaching a big group of Iraqi children to chant bomb iraq. (this will get them killed over there!!)

it wasn't funny by no means. it is worse than the puppy incident, because he is also messing with kids.

Hockey Playa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i just saw the video, i want to know if that puppy is alive when he threw it off. If it was, i hope that guy f*cking gets blown away. That video makes me sick, i love animals, just sick....

Python

Don Juan
Reaction score
No one had the cojones to say that it wasn't a bad thing, they just said it wasn't a big deal and tried to justify it by equating it to hunting or sport. So since it's not a big deal I'm asking whether they would do something similar like the soldier did on a whim in their own back yard. It's no big deal, right?
Let's face it the little ****er wouldn't have had a problem going for your jugular vien just like that ****ing rabbit didn't have any mercy when it nearly bit my finger off when I was a a toddler.

j-flex

Banned
Reaction score
Puppies and cats?

just birds, squirrels, rats and reptiles. (animals that are hard too shot at)

i do it for fun i have a pellet rifle, i enjoy doing it but i would never shoot dogs or cats though.

in my mind its ok to shoot birds, but is not ok to shoot dogs or cats.

also in my mind is only ok to shoot these animals, but i would never kill them or cut them wiith knifes or other instrument.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf said:
Meh I don't know why people go so mad over animal rights, ESPECIALLY vegetarians. It's like they think if the <insert animal here> had big teeth and a human in front of it, it wouldn't eat it.
I understand that a tiger might want to eat me. I can still not agree with other humans hunting and killing that tiger for no good reason. That's easy to understand isn't it? Swap 'animal rights' (a nebulous concept that no one in this thread has raised or is much to do with the video) with 'cruelty to animals.' (which is more the topic at hand) and do you say the same thing?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nighthawk said:
I understand that a tiger might want to eat me. I can still not agree with other humans hunting and killing that tiger for no good reason. That's easy to understand isn't it? Swap 'animal rights' (a nebulous concept that no one in this thread has raised or is much to do with the video) with 'cruelty to animals.' (which is more the topic at hand) and do you say the same thing?
i agree with you nighthawk

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j-flex said:

i do it for fun i have a pellet rifle, i enjoy doing it but i would never shoot dogs or cats though.

also in my mind is only ok to shoot these animals, but i would never kill them or cut them wiith knifes or other instrument.
I can understand hunting for either food or sport, especially in places which are conducive to do such a thing. Hunting serves a purpose even if it's just for sport.

Aboleo seems to equate throwing puppies off a cliff on a whim to serving a purpose such as a sport. People with this attitude are walking among us without being under the mental stress of fighting in a war. We should really be concerned with what is capable by people with this mentality.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
j-flex said:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3velLZhGUhg

video of j-flex at his ranch having fun after killing a bunch of animals.